Record of Agarest War - PC Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ghostlight announces on a new blog post that Record of Agarest War for the PC is nearing release.
Lastly, I have some Agarest news for you all. Thanks to the hard work of the guys at Laughing Jackal along with our intrepid band of beta testers, we are now fast approaching our first Agarest: Generation of War PC master candidate.

We’ve been busy squashing the last few remaining bugs as well as integrating the DLC, so this means that while we’re not quite there yet, we’re not too far off being able to announce a release date.
More information.

Last edited:
From metacritic about the console version:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/record-of-agarest-war
I read all the negative reviews, but I am such a sucker for SRPGs, and wound up buying it anyways. The story portions are far too short and have far too many fights in-between them. All the fights take place on a flat surface making them even more same-y and tedious. The PSN has a huge pile of free DLC that came out on release day. It could of easily just been part of the game. Overall the game is just too tedious to recommend.
Thanks Ghostlight on your work, but… This smells like endless respawn grinder with almost no story. I'm definetly skipping it.

From metacritic about the console version:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/record-of-agarest-war

Thanks Ghostlight on your work, but… This smells like endless respawn grinder with almost no story. I'm definetly skipping it.

I'm like the reviewer, a sucker for SRPGs so I got this too for my PS3 (if it's the same RoAW game I remember, there are so many versions, like 1, 2 and Omega or Zero or something). It's not that enemies respawn at all if I remember correctly, but the map has a bunch of points you follow, between two 'event' points or nodes, there are between 2 and 4 'battle' points, so you fight a lot of tactical battles (and they're not short, each one can take around 15 minutes). After you finish a node you don't have to fight there again (unless you want to, I think it asks you if you want to fight). There is a story, with different paths and decisions, but it's just too many fights.

Also, depending on the version of the game, the 'free day-0 DLC' can ruin your game in that it makes it too easy (I remember free DLCs I could get but didn't that was like 100K gold, or a suit of mega something armor, which made all battles for the first several hours of the game trivial). It's like they were experimenting with the DLC system or something, I don't see the point of making the game a roflstomp.

I have a few of these for my Ps3, but haven't gotten around to them yet. As with most of my games :p

Occasionally I tell myself I should really try a JRPG. Then I see a trailer like this one -

Spiky hair - check
Big cutsey eyes - check
Oversized sword - check
Asian pop song - check

... and I decide maybe I'd rather not.

I would try it... If I knew the strong part is the story, not grinding.

Occasionally I tell myself I should really try a JRPG. Then I see a trailer like this one -

Spiky hair - check
Big cutsey eyes - check
Oversized sword - check
Asian pop song - check

… and I decide maybe I'd rather not.

and get off my lawn!

Back
Top Bottom