The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Menace series ? Now that I own the pack, I might join. I still haven't fully arrived there, because I'd have to clean up my level 16 characters' inventory before I'd ggo there. I guess that I'm still a bit lazy ...

Another thing to remember is that from level 1-20 the level requirements for TR (especially TR2+) were quite harsh. So we had to run on elite and with bravery bonus. That meant we had to be very close in level.

When we get to epic Levels you get a lot of XP even on epic normal. We never run on epic elite and most epic hard quests can easily be short manned. On heroic you had to be max 2 Levels about the quest Level on normal to get bravery bonus. On epic you can be 4 Levels above and still get bravery bonus.

So we really don't have to stay as close together at epic Levels as we had on heroic. The main thing is to hit 20 about the same time.

There is actually a reason to play quests at epic. I try to get my toons to Level 28 so I can ETR (epic TR) them back to 20 With an epic feat as a bonus. I actually like this much more than having to farm bad epic destinies. My fighter ETR'ed some weeks ago since he had maxed out most destinies and got twists 4-2-1. When he ETR'ed he could stay in legendary dreadnought. It's actually a lot of fun playing the toon through the Levels in the best Destiny. When he gets to 28 he will be ETR'ed again back to 20 and moved up again.

A good thing about ETR'ing is that you don't lose favor or flagging so you can actually run any quest you want. So my Level 20 fighter can e. g. join a Group of Level 25's doing Demonweb quests.

It's not easy getting guildies to run epic quests. Aletys, Cm and I are the ones usually joining epic quests. So in order to gain Levels we need to pug. Some of the raids are quite fun, like Fall of Truth. So the best way to Ensure we stick together at epic Levels is to actually start playing on epics. I propose that you don't TR all epic toons, but instead run them to Level 28 and then ETR. Then the second epic run though will be much more fun.

There are even some quests we have almost never run together because you TR the epics before you can run them. I think of the Stormhorm quests, Brothers of the forge, A study in Sable quest, Wheloon epic. In U21 we will get another high Level epic quest plus 2 more raids.

So I suggest we play the current Friday Group to 20 and stay together doing epic quests all the way to the top. Then you can decide whether you will TR or just ETR.

The Next Friday Group can be used to alternate between the main Group when we want some variation. We also need to have backup plans when someone don't show. At heroic Level 5-20 it's hard to not do it together since we run on elite. The quests are quite tough so we need to stick together. At epic Levels it doesn't matter as much. Catching up is easier to do. So we can run heroic Levels when we have a full Group and the Friday epic Group when we have absentees.

I really like the idea of continuing our current Friday group into the epics, and possibly to level 28, though we can decide whether we take them that far later. Since I believe we're all going to be on tonight, why don't we discuss it then. I'd be quite happy to bring in another toon for a second, low level, Friday group, and we could alternate running them. Since it looks as if everyone will be on tonight, why don't we discuss it then.

Good gawd, I'll be a WF bard until I'm Corwin's age. ;)

Looks like we'll be keeping the band on tour long after the groupies have moved on. So sayeth the flock. And to hell with the shepherd. *grumble*

(tapioca brain can't pin down his own reference… Anyone remember the name of that comedy movie, with the pastor that runs around causing trouble for the main characters always saying "So sayeth the shepherd!" with his congregation yelling back "So sayeth the flock!"? Probably every bit of 10 years old, I think.)

edit- try 30 years, dumbass. Porkys 2, 1983.

Heard about that, but had to look into Wikipedia to see what it was really about.

LOL …. Nah, not that long … I couldn't take it that long … ;)

& you're showing your age if you remember that movie … of course, so am I … ;)

As for tonight, are we doing a DA run, or going straight into our Friday toons, seeing as it's been forever since we've played them?

Right into the muck, as far as I'm concerned. We do need to discuss our plans with necro4, though. We don't need the XP and even Az is holding a level now, so there's nothing keeping us in level 14 content besides ourselves. We were running Necro4 with the aim of picking up all the bits and pieces (tome, shield, sigil) to qualify for Abbot and such, but I don't know if the fever is still there. Klubbir has about half the exploders and rares for the Orchard, so I'd assume at a minimum we'd be finishing that off.

I spent some time consolidating my tome and shield pieces from my other toons. Sigil pieces are bound to character. I'm still short 1 shield piece and 2 tome pages. I've got multiples of many, so I might be able to help some others. It might be worth the time for the rest of y'all to do a consolidation as well. Since they can be freely moved around, it makes sense to put them all on a single toon and then pass them down as appropriate, kinda like everyone is doing with the tapestry pieces. Sigil pieces will be a pain.

Anyway, at a minimum I figure we finish off the Orchard explorers and tackle Fleshmakers on elite. Beyond that, we'll need to chat.

I have no idea what pieces of anything I have!! :) The problem is that all my banks are full (surprise surprise) so I can't easily pass pieces between toons. It's about time Turbine offered even MORE bank space!! :)

We can do a DA run if Az is late. Will jump in shortly, kick the dust off my cleric and we can go for it...lol

& you're showing your age if you remember that movie … of course, so am I … ;)
In my defense, it's safe to say I didn't see that one when it was released, given the content and my age at the time. ;)

We have completed temple of vol on elite. Next on the list was inferno and then flesh maker on elite. Then we take the level and do ghost of perdition on hard. Then we move on to level 15 quests.

We would like to do the necro 4 quests for the silver flame favor. With the spinner chain we should hit 375+ and can buy the silver flame pots. Those are very nice to have as emergency heals. Especially on epic.

With a full group after we have completed necro 4 we can even consider doing reaver's fate on normal (raid).

I don't mind flagging for the abbot, but that means farming necro 4 A LOT toget all the pieces for all. That is probably best done in sessions between the Fridays. Once we get the regulars flagged we can all help Corwin and Reywind to get flagged by forwarding the pieces. Abbot can be done closer to level 20.

Actually, we are almost all knocking on the wall at this point. JM was near the wall, Corwin just hit it, The Savage Dragon is always at the wall, I think Reywind was also near the wall, and Dte is a rank away. I'm about a rank and a half down from it.

We may have to take our 17's just to get xp for the remaining quests in NecroIV. We'll get full Elite XP for those of us who need to finish Fleshmakers and Inferno, just no streak. But the 15 content is a bit thicker, more able to handle our TRs' XP requirements. So we should be in good shape.

I think Corwin is going on and taking his level, since he doesn't want to run without gaining any xp.

We're in a spot where we do not need the Necro4 quests for XP, so I'd say hit it. Favor wise, we'll get the favor to make 400 easily out of the Spinner chain.

Sorry that I didn't show up. I decided to sleep a bit to be more awake later on - and slept through.
And then, late in the morning, I found out that I had forgotten my password again. Yuck.
I'm going to write it on a sheet of paper so that this won't happen anymore to me.

I see you have taken level 17 now after our aborted runs yesterday (at least for one group). Does it mean we are done with Necro 4? I still need Ghost of Perdition done. That will give me 400 silver flame favor. Should I pug that quest or will we do it next week?

Last edited:
IIRC, we were going to take 17 and run it on hard to keep our streak anyway. So Ghosts will be run in our next group session where everyone shows up. I won't swear to next week though, given how things have been going with people *coughcorwincough* not showing up.

We were going to try and drag Corwin and Reywind out through the other quests to make up tomorrow if we can get them on.

Dte and Corwin also took their levels. Since half the group needing to make up NecroIV quests went on, I did as well. That gives Mirys the ability to switch to Water elemental form for some casting versatility, or Winter wolf for Snowslide (wings equivalent). As well as Mass Regenerate.

I do think we should finish Necro IV, out of sheer spite and the fact we usually end up skipping the actual quests.

I would also like to finish the Necro 4 quests, and flag for the abbot raid. And, just as important, I need the sigil/frame/tome/tapestry pieces. With all my toons first lifers, I don't have a single toon that has them complete. Some don't have them at all.

If all we're looking to gain by completing Necro4 is Silver Flame healing pots, feel free to run without me if it ends up going that way. I'll try to be there tomorrow, but don't wait because of me. Being a 2nd lifer, I should be reasonably OK on XP. I'm perfectly fine with others having some different goals and I'm fairly certain we haven't messed up any of those goals. That was a specific consideration before I took my level.

I'd still like to complete my tome, shield, and sigil just because I haven't managed it before. That said, I was rather surprised that collecting everything from every toon I've got didn't get me that far. I figured 11 lives thru that area would have been sufficient to collect everything, even by accident. So, while all that flagging is still a goal for me, I'm not going to get overly wound up if it doesn't happen this time around.

We're still planning on running Ghost first thing next week, AFAIK.

OK then. We'll plan on a light run. There's actually not much content at 15 (particularly since we can't access Wheloon) so we'll run it all. Tomorrow's plan:
Ghost
Acid Wit
Delirium

After Az has to bail, perhaps we can make up Fleshmakers and Inferno with Leywind's group and the remainder. If not, guess there's no Silver Flame pots in my future. No loss.

Next session will be Harbinger1, followed by taking lvl18.

Back
Top Bottom