Mass Effect - Heading to PC?

EA seem to be in a bit of a fan trip atm. After destroying the likes of Origin & Westwood (and a few others) they seem to want to work for that #1 spot again now that Activision & Blizzard have suddenly merged.

Yes, in that Ricciatiello interview from DICE the other day, he really seemed to stress that EA( and he himself) had been at fault with Bullfrog, Westwood etc and that they now had a new approach--that "City State" thing, which emphasizes independent operation from their affiliates-(-especially Bioware with it's own IPs and traditions, not to mention hardcore fanbase which all =$$$--but only if it works.)

Hard to say if its the Actiblizzion merge or all the fan furor over the Bioware/Pandemic thing, but if it gets them to be more proactive in finding the right way to make games, I guess that's a good thing.

It mentions this in the official press release I just posted:

"Frank Gibeau, President of EA’s Games Label added, “EA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future.” " (from EA's press release)

so it sounds like you may be right, aries.

Yes, it seems like it :)

And i hadn't even bothered reading the press release ;) :D

Now, at least we know what EA did with that pile of money they had lying aound. They gave some of it to Microsoft...
(sorry about the qoute, but I couldn't find any other way to include it...)

Last edited:
No problem--and I just posted the pr a few minutes ago. :)

AFA EA & MS, It's great to see the re-distribution of wealth like that...capitalism is really working. ;)

Colour me surprised at the timeframe - I didn't doubt that it would happen but I expected a Jade Empire-like timeline and have said so several times (so I'll join fatbastard in being a pariah on several other forums).

Good news and nice to see.

I'm almost jealous at you PC kids now. ;) Almost, because I love lying on the couch the just the controller and watching/playing Mass Effect. As much as PC controls may improve/change the gameplay, I wouldn't want to miss that.

I'm almost jealous at you PC kids now. ;) Almost, because I love lying on the couch the just the controller and watching/playing Mass Effect. As much as PC controls may improve/change the gameplay, I wouldn't want to miss that.

1. Plug a controller into your PC

2. Output video to TV

Problem solved.

Last edited:
good news!
I should have the new machine some time in the future so I will be able to play it! :p

I have xbox360 wireless for pc and 32" LCD as screen monitor. Gamepad support is native for the "games for windows -brand. :)

1. Plug a controller into your PC

2. Output video to TV

Problem solved.

I have xbox360 wireless for pc and 32" LCD as screen monitor. Gamepad support is native for the "games for windows -brand. :)

Yeah, I have my PC connected to my 36" LCD TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse. But not all PC games are well-adjusted to gamepads, of course, and it's a good thing they don't. ;) Mass Effect keyboard/mouse on the couch wouldn't be as relaxed to me as playing it with a gamepad...

Also, many PC games make their fonts too small to comfortably read from a distance... The Witcher is damn near unplayable for me because of its unreadable font.

Back
Top Bottom