What games are you playing now?

@TheRealFluent;, the interface is in fact okay, I just had a hard time getting used to it.

I'm in day 13 now and I really don't know how far I am in the story.
As you said, exploration and NPCs are excellent, and those dialogs remind me the good old Troika games… It's really good.
I don't know if it's the modern setting or the excellent writting, but I haven't been so immersed in a cRPG for a very long time.

I'm living this game: I lost a survivor last night (the truck driving lady, Anita, eated alive in a random grocery) and it was like a drama for me, I went to bed feeling real regrets and anger :lol:

The game sure is ugly, though, I think there's no other explanation for it's "failure"…

Yeah, losing teammates or getting them infected is like a drama. :D The good thing is there are so many companions you can find that you'll never be short of people to send out in the field. It is a very immersive game even with its flaws. I didn't find the game ugly, more so the style is just very basic, but it gets the job done I think. The gameplay itself is a lot of fun. I played it so much that I became pretty good at keeping people alive. You have to be really careful and strategize a bit at times to make sure you don't get into a sticky situation (or you get out of a sticky situation alive). Keep in mind that the higher your HP the less chance a bite will infect or cause permanent damage, and using a healer is a tricky thing too because you lose some HP from your total amount by healing, but it's really necessary to keep your people in top HP at all times to avoid infection. Great little underrated gem of a game there.

@joxer;, And every time I think of this Anita :

cover-Hartley-Coeurs-A-Vif.jpg

Keep in mind that the higher your HP the less chance a bite will infect or cause permanent damage, and using a healer is a tricky thing too because you lose some HP from your total amount by healing, but it's really necessary to keep your people in top HP at all times to avoid infection.
Didn't know the part about the infection (I though it was raw constitution check), thanks, I'll be carefeull and heal my guys more from now on...

A gem it is, and I just learn today that the dev of Dead State worked on VTM Bloodlines. I'm not surprised.

Started playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and for the little I played it's amazing. I loved the long and complex animations, the graphics are incredible, music, pretty much everything I've see so far.

Except for one thing. The frikkin controls on the controller. I absolutely hate using controllers for first person games, and am just a little bit softer on it in third person games. When a gunfight or the wild animals attack me, I lose all focus and start flaying about the cross-hairs and miss most shots. And it's incredibly frustrating.

So, I think I'm going to do the unimaginable, and stop playing the game on console, with the strong hope they will bring it to PC. I just can't deal with frustration of free aiming on a controller. And I absolutely refuse to use aim-assist or some thing like that. That's not playing the game.

So, yeah, seemly great game, but it'll have to wait until they bring it to pc.

It's interesting, because I had some of these issues in The Last of Us, but for several reasons I found much more acceptable there:
- the setting, post-apocaliptic, and the main character being a civilian with no formal army training meant I could actually role-play and explain my awful aiming for the faults a civilian would have in those situations
- combat really encourages stealth, so pulling a gun is usually a last resort.

That's odd. Not a single professional review mentions anything you've described.
You sure your mushrooms didn't break? :D

You can always buy:
rdr-360-pro-controller-640.jpg

I thought they added kb/m support to ps4/xbox - or maybe that was just a dream ?

Started playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and for the little I played it's amazing. I loved the long and complex animations, the graphics are incredible, music, pretty much everything I've see so far.

Except for one thing. The frikkin controls on the controller. I absolutely hate using controllers for first person games, and am just a little bit softer on it in third person games. When a gunfight or the wild animals attack me, I lose all focus and start flaying about the cross-hairs and miss most shots. And it's incredibly frustrating.

So, I think I'm going to do the unimaginable, and stop playing the game on console, with the strong hope they will bring it to PC. I just can't deal with frustration of free aiming on a controller. And I absolutely refuse to use aim-assist or some thing like that. That's not playing the game.

So, yeah, seemly great game, but it'll have to wait until they bring it to pc.

It's interesting, because I had some of these issues in The Last of Us, but for several reasons I found much more acceptable there:
- the setting, post-apocaliptic, and the main character being a civilian with no formal army training meant I could actually role-play and explain my awful aiming for the faults a civilian would have in those situations
- combat really encourages stealth, so pulling a gun is usually a last resort.

I thought they added kb/m support to ps4/xbox - or maybe that was just a dream ?

That does not mean all games has support for it, just like on PC where not every game has support for a controller.. but PC probably has better controller support than mouse / keyb has support on consoles. If i remember correctly its like handfull of games that supports it.

Didn't get RDR 2 in the mail today, monday it its…

Didn't get RDR 2 in the mail today, monday it its…
Till you get it, enjoy a hero meets codexians screenshot:
paynf80dvafuiyhrznfi.png

That's odd. Not a single professional review mentions anything you've described.
You sure your mushrooms didn't break? :D

This is nothing with the game or the controllers. What I'm complaining about is simply my issue, and one I hear other people coming from PC usage backgrounds complaining about it. I cannot for the life of me properly aim on a controller. I always overshoot, and then have to move the thumsticks again to try and align my target. And if I'm on a horse it's even worse.

But, it seems the game does have a hold on me, because I couldn't just leave it alone. So I keep playing in short bursts, and loving what I'm seeing. But I still hold to the idea that the PC version will be the ultimate experience.

RDR1 has auto-aim as default, I don't think I could have finished the game if I had disabled that. Don't know if that's also on by default on RDR2, if it is, play it that way, either that or if there's a difficulty level play it on easy and disable auto-aim.

RDR1 has auto-aim as default, I don't think I could have finished the game if I had disabled that. Don't know if that's also on by default on RDR2, if it is, play it that way, either that or if there's a difficulty level play it on easy and disable auto-aim.

Same reason I couldn't finish RDR1, as I refuse to use auto-aim. Yeah, it's on by default in RDR2 also. But again, I just can't play with it on. It feels so dirty and just soils my experience.

And again, I reached a fight in RDR2 which I can't finish without auto-aim. So I'm just gonna stop playing. I just can't bear to play it with it on. And it's absolutely infuriating to play with it off. The thumb-sticks are truly the work of the devil when it comes to precision.

I haven't seen any difficulty sliders, but even if there were it just makes the whole firefight experience worthless. Even on the current difficulty (if there are multiple and I just can't find it) I pretty much run around and get shot at constantly, and I take a long time to die. So I'm running around trying to fight the controls, while hoards of enemies shoot at me, and I take a long time to die. It just ruins the whole experience. A firefight should be resolved quickly. Not 5 mins of missing shots, while I gradually lose health.

It's a real shame the people have accepted the controller for shooting mechanics. This should never have happened imo. But I guess it's what happens when you have no perspective. Here's hoping it'll come out on PC. It's gonna be a fun ride if it does.

It does me a world of good to read these reports on the newest Red Dead Redemption, and only makes me more happy that I didn't pull the trigger on dumbing down and buying a console for this game. Like others, I'll simply wait and see if it appears for the computers.

It does me a world of good to read these reports on the newest Red Dead Redemption, and only makes me more happy that I didn't pull the trigger on dumbing down and buying a console for this game. Like others, I'll simply wait and see if it appears for the computers.

You don't buy a console for RDR. You buy it for The Last of Us, Bloodborne and God of War :D

No. If you're buying playstation for something, that's HZD. Everything else is, at least what I've seen, pointless grind.
Okay maybe that new Spiderman game is also worth it, but that depends if you're into spiderman.

No. If you're buying playstation for something, that's HZD. Everything else is, at least what I've seen, pointless grind.
Okay maybe that new Spiderman game is also worth it, but that depends if you're into spiderman.

I found HZD very boring. It doesn't hold a light to Last of Us or Bloodborne.

I guess it depends what you expect from a game.
Me? I can't care less about dark&gritty Dark Souls clone for example. :p

The Disgaea games appeal more to me than any of those listed, fortunately I can get a few of the for the computer. They must look pretty splendid on a bigger screen though. I've heard good things about the Last of Us, maybe that will pop up for us computer users at some point.

The Disgaea games appeal more to me than any of those listed, fortunately I can get a few of the for the computer. They must look pretty splendid on a bigger screen though. I've heard good things about the Last of Us, maybe that will pop up for us computer users at some point.

There is 0% chance Last of Us will ever show up on anything but PS. The IP is developed by a Sony owned studio. Same for God of War. Bloodborne IP is also owned by Sony.

Right now the PS4 is an amazingly strong console to own because of all the exclusives. I'm not happy to have to own it to play the exclusives, but it really is worth it once you get over the initial cost. Only bad thing imo is controllers, for games that require precision. It's a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom