Why do I see gifs crawl up the thread, devouring everything as they go, eventually swallowing themselves? Am I just going mad?

You know, for the life of me, I can't remember how I came to the Codex all those years ago. I know why I stayed but how I ever found the place is a mystery.

I remember I found the Codex while searching about fallout engine.
The first page I opened had a post about Peter North.
Then the next post the guy said something like "Who is Peter North, it's wikipedia time!"
And the last post of this guy was like "Oh… now I know.."

I was so dumb that I actually went on wikipedia and found out about Peter North too. I never recovered..

I remember I found the Codex while searching about fallout engine.
The first page I opened had a post about Peter North.
Then the next post the guy said something like "Who is Peter North, it's wikipedia time!"
And the last post of this guy was like "Oh… now I know.."

I was so dumb that I actually went on wikipedia and found out about Peter North too. I never recovered..

lol. That reminds me of the time in which I was searching the Codex for info about Prelude to Darkness (crashing, bugs and so on) and I stumbled upon the "Multiheaded dick hits ass and legs oh god it's heavan" thread. I think I still haven't fully recovered.

Why do I see gifs crawl up the thread, devouring everything as they go, eventually swallowing themselves? Am I just going mad?
If you open the last page of a thread, it loads all messages in there you haven't read yet. So if there are some pictures posted after your last visit, you will see them for a short time until they are loaded completely and then it jumps to the last message.

Ass and tits thread was deleted for some reason, there even wasn't any nudity there :/

This place is boring :/
This thread was fun while Thoth was trolling, now it's boring again, I agree...may be you need a new troll?
But it needs to be somebody, who hasn't posted on the first pages of this thread, since you are now warned, unfortunately.

Hey guise, check out my awesome Christmas present!

xmas_present.jpg

Still did not dare to unpack it :D

Also I am disapoint that the pet is some kind of mouse thing and not Gummy.

Do avatars go through approval process or something? Can't see mine.

not only the swearing but also the condescension tinged with an air of my way or no way.

This site supports the most unbearably condescending posters I've ever encountered, except maybe that Insomnia guy (who seems to be a full blown 'tard, so no comment) and this guy's blaming the Codex.

@Hoaxmetal: Did you set your avatar or profile picture? They're different.

Well since things are back to normal, I wanted to run a few ideas through you guys.

Day-before-yesterday, While asleep I had a dream that I was playing (or rather, was in) a Co-Op FPS game like Left 4 Dead with a few other codexers - namely Skyway, Ed123 and Mangoose.

The premise of the game, from what I can remember of my dream, was that It took place in a massive persistent MMO City. (which looked strangely like London) The game was like L4D. The aim was to get from one point of the city zone to the pick up point where the military (controlled by other, MUCH higher level players) could (relatively) easily send some pickup.

Like L4D, you have melee and ranged weaponry. But unlike L4D, only headshots really hurt the infected. Body Shots can kill or dismember, but only if they are large caliber weapons. Like perforating an average infected with a heavy machine gun and thus dismembering his limbs and blowing away his organs* would still kill it. Larger targets like the special infected (or a heavily built infected) would be harder to take down without headshots. Child Infected feature and in fact, there was a point my dream where the other 3 were sniping off infected in order to clear our future path when a wave of child infected tried to flank us by scaling the walls. I pulled out my MAC11 and sprayed them with lead. Since they had small and frail bodies, body shots tore them apart. I had to retreat and ask for help when the normal infected also started scaling the walls.

Secondly, because of the strength of the infected, regular boarded up buildings are temporary shelters at best. Thus, there are a number of special reinforced bunkers dotted around the zones. But to get inside these bunkers, you need to search the city, investigate scattered files and transmissions in order to get the entrance codes. Alternately, if the safe house has already been claimed by other survivors, you can ask them for the code. The owners have two choices. They can tell you the true code or they can lie to you. Because the bunker doors open slowly and are extremely loud, the infected WILL be attracted. If you tell the true code, its possible that the huge swarms of infected could overwhelm both your own group as well as the new group. So you lie, the invalid code alarm triggers and attracts the swarms. With no safe place to hide, limited ammunition and health packs, the poor guys outside will probably die. When they do and the swarm goes away, the people inside the bunker can rush out, grab any supplies the dead guys had as well their portion of the cure samples and get back inside.

Vehicles are also featured. In my dream, We drove a van that had been previously upgraded and left by some other group of survivors. Vehicles give you protection and allow you to get from one place to another real quick, but the infected can still attack. For example, they ripped off the doors to our van and a few jumped in. We managed to throw them back out, but one was trying to attack the driver. Presumably, if they get the driver, they could cause the vehicle to crash, thus attracting more attention and putting the survivors in a real jam.

Once we reached the escape point, the military players had two choices. They could either open the barricades and send in men and vehicles to save the survivors (and more importantly, the cure samples) or they could decide to leave them to their fate. If the Military refuses, the Survivors have to kill as many infected as possible before they die. However, in this 'last stand' mode, they earn MUCH more XP from killing waves and special infected. On the other hand, once they die, the respawn time is MASSIVE.

If the Military decides to intervene, two things can happen. They save the survivors, thus gaining more manpower or they also get killed alongside the survivors. Periodically, the Infected attempt to invade the Military Garrisons. If the military fails a pick-up, the infected always attempt an invasion. With reduced manpower and weaponry, the military have a tough time of it. If they lose an invasion, more of the city falls under Infected control and future games/runs become much harder as more and more infected, both special and normal, crowd the streets.

The military can also invade infected territory, freeing up zones from infected control. As the military doesn't have as much manpower as the infected, they don't fully control the zone per se. They instead, establish a garrison and can patrol the zone, greatly reducing the number of infected and making runs through that zone much easier (and less rewarding). Alternately, they fail epicly and the infected get a chance to invade a severely depleted garrison.

Only certain zones (depending on how lazy or active the military players are) have a full military Garrison in place. Traveling through an infected zone to another infected zone ends up in two ways. You either find the codes for highly reinforced bunkers and have to defend yourselves while retreating inside, or you find a decently fortified building with a large number of other PC Survivors. Then you and the others defend yourselves against the swarm before moving onto the next zone. The idea is to gather as many survivors in the garrisons as possible, then invade and wipe out the infected in the zones.

While certain high-grade upgrades are available, the majority of 'upgrades' are jury rigged scopes, etc.. or salvaged equipment. The majority of these, as well as engineers to look after them, are in the hands of the military. Giving players the incentive to sign up and move up through the ranks. Of course, if you decide you just want to barter for supplies and try your luck outside of military garrisons, you can. You earn more XP and get salvage priority during major events as a lone wolf group, but its that much more dangerous without the military to back you up. Also, if you keep avoiding military recruitment, the players may decide you're a dick and stop sending military pickups.

Thats all I could gather from my dream. If you want to know, the 4 of us got to the pick up zone, but the military refused to send help. We tried to kill as many infected as possible, but after my leg (location damage is in) was torn off by an infected, I panicked and threw a molotov in some random direction. Skyway was killed by my molotov friendly fire. Mangoose and Ed123 tried to hold off, but fell quickly.

*Dunno if heavy caliber bullets can actually do that. I'm no expert on firearms.

Back
Top Bottom