The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I tried one of the new quests, and tested the store. Store now works! Quest is crap. Design is fine, but the mob placement is, once again, hordes of hit-point inflated trash. Even if I wasn't hovering on the edge of exhausting 24/7 these days, this would put me to sleep. Basically, I stood there, spamming cleaves until the 10khp critters died. This is in Heroic. Epic/Legendary likely if 100khp mobs. What's more, they're all constructs, so Mass Hold or Disco Ball won't work. Bring Earthquake. The only redeeming feature of the new pack is that it's totally free.

Cannith Crafting Update news. Most likely only interesting for a few of us. Bullet points are that it will have some effects not available in random loot (and random loot will have some not available to craft as well), a lower total ML than random loot (chests can be bumped up to L40, whereas crafted stuff will cap out at 33). The XP curve may be changed, and they're trying to come up with a way to make deconning not suck so much.

This is an early look at the main proposal for Cannith Crafting. As such there isn't much in the way of specific numbers and comparisons, but is more focused on the overall general design of the system. That also means that there are things that could change from what has been discussed due to technical limitations, balance, or any number of reasons. But we did want to include players in an early look and discussion so that themes/directions could be adjusted before it is all in place and only minor changes can be made.

We realize this is a major system with a lot of viewpoints and that it carries a lot of importance with a lot of people. One main consideration for us, is that all three forms of loot (Named, CC, Random) must be useful and work together. We are not looking to make Cannith just plain better than Random loot for example. That is important and was the basis taken when we redesigned the effect system, random loot, and named item direction.

Being a big involved system it is tricky to balance how much information on the page, how easy it is to read and follow, but I'll do my best.

New Cannith Crafting Summary:

• Existing Crafting experience will carry over to the new system
  • Existing Essences will be exchangable to the new system
  • Cannith Crafting will be as powerful as normal Random Loot
  • Marks of House Cannith will allow a 3rd effect slot on Cannith items
  • There will be some effects unique to both Cannith Crafting and Random loot
  • Ammo and Runestones that are currently craftable will still exist in the new system
  • Cannith items will stil have options for Bound and Unbound
  • Cannith Crafting will be streamlined to improve the crafting experience
  • We may adjust the Cannith Leveling Curve
  • We know Deconstructing is one of the most time consuming aspects of CC and will look into ways to reduce this, but I do not have answers as to how this will work yet.

Experience and Essences will carry over

All experience in Cannith Crafting will carry over when we update the system. The one thing that is being considered is we may combine the schools down to a single crafting school, in which case we would combine all of a player's existing experience into that one school.

We are also going to be reducing the number of Essences. Either 1 for each school for a total of 3, or just a single Essence. There will not be lesser and greater either. This is to reduce bloat in the system and simply a part of the crafting process that we feel does not need to be as complicated. As a side note, having a single essence could allow for us to simply have a Remover instead of a Prefix or Suffix Remover, simplifying that part of the process.

Existing essences will be able to be exchanged for the new one(s). And there will be exchange recipes of differing sizes so hopefully it is only minorly inconvenient one time.

Power of Cannith Crafting

Random Loot has a normal range of effect powers that can drop at a given minimum level. Then there is an extra lucky range of slightly more power. This is marked by having Masterful Craftsmanship on the item which indicates at least one of your effects is at the maximum of the normal range or slightly higher.

The plan is to have Cannith Crafting be the top of the normal random loot range. It is important to us to have a system where Cannith Crafted, Random, and Named Loot is all usable by players. We do not want a system where Cannith overshadows Random loot making it not a true consideration to be used. By holding onto the Masterful Craftsmanship lucky power ranges on Random Loot, it should help Random Loot continue to have a use.

Random Loot chests can go as high as level 40. Cannith Crafting is currently planned to top out at Level 33 Loot. There will be increasingly better Minimum Level 30 shards to be crafted (the recipe an item will state what loot level it represents).

Although Cannith will follow the slot restrictions of effects that Random Loot has, a player does get to choose which effects go on the slots of the item. This is a big advantage of random loot where you have to luck out in the RNG to get all of the effects you want at the powers you want. The system will still have a Prefix and Suffix. If a Mark of House Cannith is used, it will have a 3rd extra effect just like Random Loot.

Cannith will also have some effects that are not found in Random Loot where as Random Loot will also retain some effects, like Vorpal, which aren't craftable in Cannith Crafting. This will further giving both Cannith and Random loot purpose in outfitting a character.

Finally, there is a chance that some of the clickies that no longer drop in Random Loot could be added to Cannith in some form.

How will it Work

The current plan is that a blank item will have the minimum level crafted onto the item. Then effect shards will be crafted on which will automatically get their power set to the right amount for the minimum level. No longer will you need Strength +1 and Strength +3 shards, just a Strength shard and the power will be set for you. This is a cleaner system as there is no advantage to the player to putting on a lower powered effect at a given ML, and it reduces ways a player may mess up an item.

The + Enhancement value will also be directly tied into the minimum level and there will no longer be Shards of Potential.

Combined with the fewer number of Essences, this system should be much more streamlined to use.

Deconstructing is very time consuming and clunky at this point in time. We know this. The problem is what the crafting system is capable of doing. We don't know to what amount we can alleviate this pain, but it is something we will be looking into as we move forward with updating Cannith Crafting.

Leveling

Cannith has trraitionally been an extreme grind. The question now is how much of that should be reduced? We have the capability to reduce the grind in two ways: the XP per level of Cannith Crafting Schools, and the amount of XP gained by crafting.

Since we will also be adding in new levels of Cannith Crafting for new higher end recipes, it is likely also a good time to reduce the leveling curve. Existing crafters will hold onto all of their XP, therefore they will have head start on players new to crafting. And, depending on how the curves are adjusted, may find themselves with even higher levels of crafting than they had before the update. Meaning they may be able to craft some of the new higher level recipes upon logging in.

Other Considerations

Why not allow Cannith to put effects in any slot? In the new loot system, Named Items main advantages are that they don't have to follow the slot restriction for effects and get the Quality bonus type for effects. If Cannith also ignores the slot restrictions it takes a way a big aspect of what makes Named Loot special and goes a long way to making Random Loot useless.

**Warning about the new quest "Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener"**

After the end fight, you can be teleported back to the room with the chest and quest giver and end up stuck in the floor. Using /stuck puts you in an area outside that room, and you will not be able to get the chest. Since one of the better items drops here, that's a big issue.

Hey all. Just a heads up my two gnome characters are in the guild now.

Zeblestar - 7th level gnome warlock (The one with the aura thingy)
Shoyeido - 15th level deep gnome wizard, illusionist/archmage spec

One of the guild officers suggested I let everyone know who I am now that I have two "main" characters I'm working on.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Welcome to the guild….and be sure if you have questions or need help that you send a tell and not rely on us seeing a message in guild chat. Often times too much stuff pops up in there and people miss messages, especially if in a quest. We do a guild run every Friday starting at 6pm CMT. You are welcome to join if you have a toon at level. One person is out this week for sure so it will be a toss up as to what we do.

PS there was a hot fix besides the update so plan accordingly. I will be here for the run.

Reywind will be away this week (off with his GF again), so it might be a mixed run of alts. Gnome, if you can make it, I'm sure some of us have toons which could run with your level 15. As I told you last week, we use team speak to talk and several people here can enlighten you on setting it up. :)

I can get team speak up and running. I'll get it and then bother somebody in guild chat to help me make sure I'm using it properly once set up. ;)

I did notice that guild chat is often quiet. :D

My chattiness is directly proportionate to the amount of tea I've had at any given time.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
The regular Friday group is at 6pm Central Standard Time. Currently, the Driday group is level 18, though since we run elite all the time, if you come in on your Wizard, you shouldn't have any issues catching up. We routinely have TR groups going through the game, with each of us picking out what role we'll fill in the group. Since we have around 8-9 members, with a few non-guildies occasionally joining, we usually end up having to split the group except for raids.

Since we are borrowing space on a friend's TS server, I'll refrain from posting the server here.

Guild chat tends to be quiet because you get no notification that someone's said something. Especially when running an actual quest, people chatting in guild or general tend to get pushed back by the combat and party logs showing looted chests, etc... So it just get missed. Even party chat tends to get ignored at times, even though it has a ding every time someone in party says something. Feel free to send a tell to anyone who is on if you need something.

Here are the Release Notes for Update 31 Patch 1, released on Thursday, May 19th.

News and Notes

Enhancements

Fighter Kensei
Two new Tier 4 enhancements have been added:
Opportunity Attack: 2 charges, melee attack - Deals +3[W] damage, gain +20 Melee Power for six seconds. Each time an opponent is damaged, but no more than once per second, there is a 10% chance to add a charge up to a maximum of two.
Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion or drink, increases Positive Healing and Repair Amplification by +50 for 30 seconds. Does not stack with itself, but will stack with other sources of Healing or Repair Amplification.
One Cut has been changed to: Your currently equipped primary weapon gains x1 Critical Multiplier for 15 seconds, with a cooldown of 60 seconds. This does not stack with other temporary item enhancements. Passive: Grants +20 Melee and Ranged Power.
Power Surge now grants its proper +8 Psionic Bonus to all stats.
Strike With No Thought now gives a competence bonus to Critical Multiplier rather than an Insight bonus.
Stalwart Defender
Stand Fast now grants a +4 stacking bonus to saving throws in addition to its other bonuses.
Last Stand now additionally grants +10 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating in addition to +2 Strength and +2 additional Constitution (making it a +6.)

Quests and Adventure Areas

Good Intentions
Fixed a stuck spot on a rooftop that could cause a player to fall into a hidden valley.
Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener
Fixed some issues that could cause players to get stuck or fall through the world.
The combat encounter in the ship treasure room now triggers more easily.
Fixed an issue that could cause heroic level end rewards to appear in Legendary difficulty.

Renown

Corrected an issue that could cause lag when guild renown is granted.

Don't forget, log on Skype today for a convention with our fellow comrade. Hot fix was not long but not really fast either.

Ok not sure what is happening. So just use TS and we will see what happens.

Not sure if will be on Friday or not, getting a fuse box replaced so fingers crossed they are done in time. But don't wait up.

Welcome to the guild. My toons are the "anna's" (all end in anna or some variant of that), except for Locanna, which is one of CM's toons. My exception is Ahdelya. Feel free to tell me if you want someone to run with, or if you have any questions. I'll be happy to walk you through the TS server & channel setup if someone else hasn't gotten you set up already.

Got my dates messed up, next week is the fuss box which make me a maybe, in the mean time my sister has decided to come visit. Not sure what they plan for the pm so make me a maybe today. Once they get here I will try and be more definite.

I will be on tonight, but I may be late. Also, Pikkl is planning on joining us.

I plan to play, but I will have to take up to a half hour break during the session while I move my RV.

Back
Top Bottom