RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Divinity: Fallen Heroes Cancelled/On-Hold?
View Single Post

August 15th, 2020, 03:30
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I like tactics games, but I got the impression that this was going to be pretty barebones in terms of story or anything like that. Just a series of battles. I have no interest in such a thing.

I'm fine with them devoting all their resources to BG3, if that's what they're doing.
The premise sounded good, but it was probably a good idea to halt development. One is working on BG III and the other was bought by a publisher. Just sad this happened.

So I agree somewhat but it wasn't Larian developing the game but another studio called Logic Artists, but like already said they both had other projects going on at the same time.

It also looked like Larain couldn't devote more time and money on the project either.
Originally scheduled for a November 2019 release, it has become clear to everyone involved that the game will need far greater development time and resources than are available now to bring it to fruition, in a fun and sustainable way. We’re sorry for the players excited for Fallen Heroes, who will have to wait an unspecified period of time, but we strongly believe that bringing Fallen Heroes to fans should be done in a timeline that allows it to be developed soundly. We value the work that everyone has put in to Fallen Heroes, and though we lament its status as of now, we all agree that there’s a great game in there that will sometime reach the players who await it.
--
"I've been told my tastes in games is shitty. Instead of getting offended I agree. As most new games are shitty. So I counter and ask you is everyone's taste shitty then?" - Old Grognard
Last edited by Old Grognard; August 15th, 2020 at 09:28.

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)