Risen New official Risen site

Thanks for the comprehensive update ... at first I thought I was in the 'Codex' thread ... ;)

[As soon as the hero approaches the main gate he is attacked by guards of the Inquisition]

Option #1) Run away
Result: The player escapes and gets to reconsider his options (go back to [Player wants to enter the city]

Option #2) Surrender
Result: Player is arrested by the guards of the Inquisition. Player is released in the city and is regarded as a supporter of the Inquisition, opening up corresponding quest options

What if he kills all the guards of the Inquistion ? they didn't think of that option? :p

maybe it is Option #3) game crashes :D

Certainly sounds like they're on the right track! Thanks for the update Moriendor.

Looks promising :)

"(one quest, many options, one goal)"

That sentence made me crinch a bit. Made me think of Oblivion "You can stealth, you can use magic or weapons. Many ways to solve a quest" :p

But, the smuggler quest indicates that the goal can change, that the initial goal of solving the murder changes to perhaps joining the murderers.
Or did I misunderstand something?

To me, it seems like something of a faction choice: By siding with one or the other fairly early on, you play through a "completely different game", depending on faction. The factions probably have different sidequests, main quest, and so on. However, I'm sure they'll also share some quests (quests that simply are not affected by whether or not you're this or that faction).

It's probably something similar to Gothic 1, with the various camps, but perhaps with a bit more variety (in G1 the main quest turned out to be mostly the same once you got past a certain point). Also, it seems like the choice is made near the start in Risen, unlike in G1 where you do a bunch of neutral quests first.

^I hope that before we are forced into joining either faction we're going be to be given a chance to see what each faction is like. Maybe even do a couple of quests for each faction before deciding which one we'll join. And the forcing to join a faction should be done in a transparent way. The way they did it in G1 seemed perfect to me.

Looks hawt:) Nice graphics and if they can get any where near gothic 2 I'm sold. Not so much gothic 3.

The main and only question I have is...
Can I play as a mage? And not like Gothic, I mean a mage from the start, no sword swinging, just my spells? I could do that in Oblivion and that's why I like it much more than any of the Gothics (specially since I could craft my own spells)

Time to move this thread to our new Risen forum! ;)

Back
Top Bottom