Quest problems

klesk

Traveler
Hi all, I'm new in this forum and i have i some problems relating this fantastic as well buggy game :). the first one concerning resolving a quest in Reandore...the quest is for the imperials and is about take a crystal form a base of them in the free trader sector (after defend the base from an attack of the free traders) and give it back to a scientist. my problem is that also if i have the crystal the scientist didn't end my mission...i come back a lot of times in the base and there is every time a new crystal but the quest never finish...what i have to do?

I have also another problem concerning the main quest. I have to talk with a scientist inside an imperial base (just outside the main one). I have obtain a key for opening the gate. The problem is that, also if my reputation with the imperials is 100 they start to shoot to me immediatly when i try to go in the underground part of the base (where the scientist actually is). Is it normal?

my last question is abput the end of the game... i use the cheats for pass the imperial guards and so talk with the scientist(i know is not good to do it by i really wanted to go on and i really didn't know how to do it). the problem is that i see the cutscene where i take the scientist on my spaceship but after that the game ends.. is it normal?? the story really end in that point?

I really hope someone can help me and sorry for the numerous questions:)

the first one concerning resolving a quest in Reandore…the quest is for the imperials and is about take a crystal form a base of them in the free trader sector (after defend the base from an attack of the free traders) and give it back to a scientist. my problem is that also if i have the crystal the scientist didn't end my mission…

I can't remember that quest. Can you upload a saved game where this quest is active somewhere public, e.g. GameFront, so I could check it out?

The problem is that, also if my reputation with the imperials is 100 they start to shoot to me immediatly when i try to go in the underground part of the base (where the scientist actually is). Is it normal?

Yes. You either need to fight your way in there or, as I did, land in the entrance to the underground lab with a flyer, and then fight your way down or just run through avoiding the guards until the cutscene starts.

the problem is that i see the cutscene where i take the scientist on my spaceship but after that the game ends.. is it normal?? the story really end in that point?

Sadly this is the actual end. Either there was a sequel planned, which I don't know if we will ever get now, or the game was released premature because DeepShadows didn't have the time and money to continue. There are some unfinished planets in the game files which could have been used in a continuation either way…

Thanks for your help! It's a pity they didn't end the game in a prorper way..like that it really leave me the impression of missing something..anyway i have uploaded my saves on gamefront. the saved data is called "qst_diamond_in_front" from where you can see that in my inventory i have already a crystal (the first one i take) but whereby i cannot finish the mission, and you are already in the right place for take the other crystal (that seem spawning infinitely).There is also another save called "quest_diamond_bug_dc" where you have already the crystal (only one) but you can see that the doctor didn't want to accept it.. There is also another mission where there is the guard inside the main base of the imperialists near the commander (his secretary i suppose) who saied to me to talk with him after i have talk with the commander. the problem is that i have talk with the commander and finish the last quest (it was the quest regarding helping a scientist who in the end gave me the key for the gate) but the guy didn't seem to want to tell me what he wanted…he say me every time to talk with the commander (which i can not)…the save in this case is called "capt_officer_bug". you have to talk usually 2 or 3 times before he ask you if you have already talk with the commander and see that the only answer i can give is no also if i cannot talk with the commander anymore.

Okay, I got your saved games and already took a quick look at the crystal quest. I never got that myself and I can't find any dialogue of Doctor Amon giving it. So who gave it to you? I need this info to fix it. The icon is wrong too, so I will need to find a better one…

Sadly this is the actual end. Either there was a sequel planned, which I don't know if we will ever get now, or the game was released premature because DeepShadows didn't have the time and money to continue. There are some unfinished planets in the game files which could have been used in a continuation either way…
Ahhh... I was wondering about the end as well (finally got around to finishing it very recently).
What a pity either way. I thoroughly enjoyed this game - titan-sized warts 'n' all - and would have loved to see it finished properly, or a sequel.

I think I found the issue with the Intelligence Officer. There was a bug in his dialog and I will try to fix it for the next patch.

As for the generator crystal, I still can"t find the guy who gives that quest. Did you have to place some earthing devices first?

Also another thing, are you playing the 1.0 or 1.1 version? In the latter case, were you able to use any flyers on Reandore?

Last edited:
I think I found the issue with the Intelligence Officer. There was a bug in his dialog and I will try to fix it for the next patch.

As for the generator crystal, I still can"t find the guy who gives that quest. Did you have to place some earthing devices first?

Also another thing, are you playing the 1.0 or 1.1 version? In the latter case, were you able to use any flyers on Reandore?

The guy who gives you the quest is the doctor that you can find in front of you if you use the "qst_diamond_in_front" save. I don't rememeber if you have to palce something before but i think not... I'm using the 1.1 version with you last unofficial patch (1.5) but i don't know how to use the flyers and where i could get the keyes needed for use them...

The guy who gives you the quest is the doctor that you can find in front of you if you use the "qst_diamond_in_front" save.

There is no doctor nearby there, only some heavy guards. Or do you mean one of the two scientists inside the building? The exact name of the NPC and the text about the quest would be best. I just can't find anyone there telling you to get the crystal.

BTW, independent of the above problem, I already fixed Doctor Amon's conditions so he will accept the crystal, even when you haven't finished his other quest. The latter was the reason why he wouldn't do it in the saved games you provided me with.

Last edited:
There is no doctor nearby there, only some heavy guards. Or do you mean one of the two scientists inside the building? The exact name of the NPC and the text about the quest would be best. I just can't find anyone there telling you to get the crystal.

BTW, independent of the above problem, I already fixed Doctor Amon's conditions so he will accept the crystal, even when you haven't finished his other quest. The latter was the reason why he wouldn't do it in the saved games you provided me with.

The guy was exactly Doctor Amon's. But i don't understand which quest i didn't finished.. for what i rememeber he give me only that one...

The guy was exactly Doctor Amon's.

Doctor Amon in my game only gives me a quest to photograph an experiment with some soldiers and prisoners. This is the quest with the empty title line. He will only accept the crystal afterwards but I have fixed that already, as well as the missing title. What I still wonder is where the crystal quest itself originates, because Doctor Amon doesn't talk about it at all. Did it just appear in the quest log at the same time?

Doctor Amon in my game only gives me a quest to photograph an experiment with some soldiers and prisoners. This is the quest with the empty title line. He will only accept the crystal afterwards but I have fixed that already, as well as the missing title. What I still wonder is where the crystal quest itself originates, because Doctor Amon doesn't talk about it at all. Did it just appear in the quest log at the same time?

Sorry but i really don't remember who give me that quest...i know was a guy inside that base and i think is that doctor but i'm not sure..

Sorry but i really don't remember who give me that quest…i know was a guy inside that base and i think is that doctor but i'm not sure..

No problem, I fixed the bug regardless of this, but it's amazing how this game even now has stuff and missions I have never even seen :)!

Somebody could upload the original WORLD.map (in Precursors\map)? I need for my program.

Hmm, it seems, the final Precursors use later version of .map files, like the final Xenus 2 build. I've found two unkown int in the submission part (so it seems there is two more unknown options for submissions in Prec)...

Back
Top Bottom