Greedfall - Building a Unique Fantasy World

This is shaping up to be one hell of a game, just hope it doesn't disappoint.

It looks really great, but somehow I have strong concern that it will be narrow corridors and small accessible places instead of big island to explore.

It does indeed look good imo, but I'm not sure how "unique" it is. The art style is strongly reminiscent of Risen 2. So much so that it looks like a sequel.

It looks really great, but somehow I have strong concern that it will be narrow corridors and small accessible places instead of big island to explore.

I haven't seen a lot of gameplay footage, but what I have seen looked more wide-open than their previous games.

It does indeed look good imo, but I'm not sure how "unique" it is. The art style is strongly reminiscent of Risen 2. So much so that it looks like a sequel.
Iirc Risen 2 had a caribbean flair. This one does not.

Bonus points for drawing visual inspiration from Caspar David Friedrich... even though they are off by about two centuries.

Iirc Risen 2 had a caribbean flair. This one does not.

31952_1.jpg

The art style is strongly reminiscent of Risen 2. So much so that it looks like a sequel.

I dont agree. There is similarity regarding clothing because PB was inspired by 17th century as well as Spiders. But nature in Risen 2 has more vibrant colors and tropical feel, while Greedfall looks more like Iceland or Scottand and uses "autumn colors".

Risen 2:
risen2pc_05.jpg

Greedfall:
greedfall-screenshot_4_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

I haven't seen a lot of gameplay footage, but what I have seen looked more wide-open than their previous games.

Yes, it has much bigger locations than all their previous games.

Lighting aside, those screens almost look like they could be from the same game. :)

If you want to get down to analyzing every detail, then yes, there are many differences. I was speaking in a general sense. I think it's fairly obvious that it's going to remind a lot of people of Risen 2.

I just hope the combat and exploration aren't comparable. :)

I'm getting DA: Inquisition vibe... well, I'm keeping an eye on it, hope it will be a fun game.

This sub-genre of RPGs just doesn't really seem to excite me anymore. It takes place in some romanticized version of human history. You roam around as a monolithic slayer of beast and men. Etc.

...From a technical standpoint, it's nice that the Spiders studio is evolving, but all these explore and kill, kill, kill games seem the same to me.

I fail to see any history in this obvious fairy tale for adults.

Then again, people expected horror and history from the same fairy tales for adults genre entry Hansel and Gretel, so who am I to oppose misjudgments. :p
Just as user reviews there who left one star explaining "it's not scary" or something, I suggest you to skip Greedfall as it's not what you expect so panning it just for being different from your personal perception is kinda unfair.

I played none of the games from this studio yet. I always had feeling their games are cheap versions of Mass Effect. Mass Effect was kinda ok, but mainly due to high production values. Gameplay wise its got many flaws. At least for me. So Im not so fond to play similar games with cheap visuals I guess. This one doesnt look bad, will wait for references and reviews and who knows...

No. Trashmobs don't respawn endlessly in ME games nor you're "forced" into backtracking over and over the same annoying trashmob trat just refuses to die and won't leave you alone.

Previous games had mostly FF13 designs: annoying endlessly reviving trashmobs and openworld that isn't really openworld but a tunnel simulator. Devs promised Greedfall won't be another tunnel sim, but we have to wait and see.

Maybe I'm looking at wrong places but I can't really find much info on this game. Anyone know how many classes and factions are available for this game? Just want to read more on it.

It's not d&d. ;)
You will create your own character from scratch (basically your class) and choose faction (or not) during the story (main or side, wasn't specified yet):
http://greedfall.com/
Choose your gender, customize your appearance and select a few starting attributes, building from there to create your own playstyle. The classless progression system lets you tap various branches from an extensive skill tree and create your own skill synergies. With over a hundred skills to choose from, along with thousands of combinations of equipment, you forge your very own experience.

Progress and achieve quests in a multitude of different ways, from combat to diplomacy and deception. The way you reach your objectives depends solely on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world - your actions will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story.

The world of GreedFall is home to numerous factions, each with their own beliefs, territories, goals, allies and enemies. You will forge and break alliances, weaving your way through an intricate reputation system. Every decision you make has the potential to please or anger these factions and their leading figures, as well your companions. Your ability to handle diplomatic encounters, the two party members you choose to bring to encounters, and who you will decide to help or fight, will ultimately impact the geopolitical landscape of the island.

Back
Top Bottom