DraSa: Phileasson's Secret - Official Announcement & First Screenshots

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Publisher dtp sent us a PR with the official announcement of the upcoming add-on for Drakensang: The River of Time. You can find the first three pics in our gallery.
Drakensang: Phileasson’s Secret - Add On to The River of Time is set to continue The Dark Eye cult campaign
Hamburg, March 22nd, 2010 – “The Phileasson Saga” is the most famous and successful pen & paper campaign in the The Dark Eye universe. For more than 15 years, pen & paper players have enjoyed the adventures of surrounding the world of TDE, Aventuria.
Soon, this campaign will be continued – virtually, in Phileasson’s Secret, the official add on to the highly acclaimed PC RPG Drakensang: The River of Time, which dtp entertainment announces today.
Drakensang: Phileasson’s Secret adds a new chapter to “The Phileasson Saga” as well to the PC game Drakensang: The River of Time itself. This epilogue is going to be directly connected to the current revision of the pen & paper campaign.
Thus, a new story about Asleif Phileasson, one of TDE’s best-known characters, unfolds. Having placed a bet, he must surround the continent of Aventuria. On his journey, he has to survive numerous adventures in which he discoveres new creatures and cultures, treasures and items.
Drakensang: The River of Time – Phileasson’s Secret allows CRPG players to learn more about the backgrounds and history of Aventuria and The Dark Eye itself and satisfies the long-cherished wish of TDE players of continuing “The Phileasson Saga”.
dtp entertainment and Radon Labs will release Phileasson’s Secret, the add on to Drakensang: The River of Time, in August 2010.
For playing the add on, you’ll need the critically acclaimed main PC game Drakensang: The River of Time.
This is a dream come true for DSA fans. The Phileasson Saga is indeed arguably the most popular The Dark Eye pen & paper adventure.
More information.

I think they look totally fake. ;)

Yes, they're rendered and then photochopped. Like 99% of all early screenshots by any game.

Personally, I believe that they show the last, extremely isolated remains of the more-than-ancient Elven high civilization.

Edit : The discussion is ongoing in the official forums and shows different opinions.
It might also be Myranor.

Last edited:
I'd prefer an announcement about the English release. Why are they working on this for August when the English release is still unknown?

How did the English version sell compared to the other languages? I'm guessing the English language version outsold all other versions, but maybe that isn't the case. Do they even track sales by language?

I'd prefer an announcement about the English release. Why are they working on this for August when the English release is still unknown?

Because the developers of new content have nothing whatsoever to do with translating the whole game into English? You want to have the whole developer team sitting around, doing nothing, while another team works on the translation? What would be the sense in that?

The sense would be in putting as many people as possible on the job of getting the English release out. Currently, we're just P***** off that it's taking so long. I would think that they should have had people working on this 'translation' while the game was still being developed; it is the largest gaming market in the world!! (That's the english speaking market I'm referring to)

As for the localisation, they are not Bioware/EA, so unless the previous game was hugely successful, localisation is not a piece of cake for them.

But I agree that there should be some update on the process. Even if it's just a few sentences.

That's nearly a year after the German release. Not good enough in my book for this day and age!!

Yep, not good. But I am sure this is due to the circumstances. There is no reason for Radon Labs to not want the English version out as soon as possible.

Who knows, perhaps it might include the add-on?

Because the developers of new content have nothing whatsoever to do with translating the whole game into English?

Oh, interesting you say this, because NORMAllY, it is vice versa !

I guess you feel good with ANY game as long as it remains in the English language - why bother with the small, unimportant, uninteresting, tiny language-islands of so small, really unimportant so-called "countries" like France, Spain, Poland, Germany, Hungary, or even ANY african languge ?

Could they depict a part of the "Isles in the Fog"?

Yes, that's what I thought as well. Anoher thought mentions the south of Aventuria.

Perhaps even both connected with one another.

I'm guessing the English language version outsold all other versions,

Could be - if you look at the sheer number of pople living in English-speaking territories compared to the number of German-speaking pople.

The sheer mass of people makes the English-speaking market the overwhelming one.

Back
Top Bottom