WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Thanks for all the help Wolf. I just beat it. I didn't end up lowering the difficulty (mine is set to slightly easier than core). It seemed like they were endless so I decided they probably are, and focused on killing the arsonists faster. It still took a long time…40 turns… but only one of my characters was down this time. I didn't want to give up, nor did I like the idea of making it a cakewalk, so I decided to try once more. Whew.

Oh nice, well if anything I typed helped in anyway then happy it did :)

They could be endless - I am not sure as I always shifted my focus when the stage advanced to the next point ... although I think the previous area slows down a bit (the waves) once the focus moves to a new area. Could just be it is more a survival like battle where you simply have to hold out long enough to get through each of the main stages.

For the Defender's Heart battle, don't hesitate to rely on the other soldiers, let the enemy come to them to get some relief. Try different positions for your party and avoid to be on the most frequented paths of the enemies.

Get Daeran if you can, unless you have a good cleric. He's very helpful to keep the party alive by channeling positive energy.

A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:
There must be a limit on time or a similar trigger, I couldn't do much this time before a soldier met me to take me back to the DH for this battle. I could only do Woljif's quest, clear a part of Market Square, and maybe another visit. I couldn't even get Daeran. Not sure how they triggered this event.

I've been told I need to complete certain quests in chapter 1 before a major Demon attack. What's the trigger for that attack so I know when to expect it. I tend to be a SLOW completionist, plus I use TB!! :)
To add to what Purple said, the trigger to the end of chapter 1 is very clear, and you are asked confirmation before going there:
The battle at the Gray Garrison is the final event of chapter 1.

You can only go there when you have completed other quests like finding a path at Market Square to reach the inner part of the city, Tower of Estrod, ... In the middle of all that, there is a battle at the Defender's Heart (your HQ).

Once you fulfilled all the conditions for the Gray Garrison, you must talk to Irabeth and tell here that everything is ready to go there. You need to confirm that, so you won't trigger that by accident. :)

All quests with a red hourglass must be completed before the end of the current chapter, otherwise they'll fail (their phrasing on the UI is a bit confusing).

I can't seem able to edit my posts anymore, server gives me a 403. So in addition to the DH above:

Battles at the Defender's Heart and the final of chapter 1 were easier for me in RTwP, because I could overwhelm the enemy. I could finish one wave before the next arrived to join.

And for the final battle:
Focus on Minagho, ignore her minions. She'll move around so you have to hit hard and quickly, that's why I found it much easier in RTwP mode.

Save frequently in the Gray Garrison!

I tried it again. 42 turns this time and no sign that there's an end to the enemies. Am I missing something here? Please tell me that I am and that it's not just a matter of beating X number of enemies (with X apparently equalling 666 because FUCK). If there's no trick to this I'm going to quit. It's not fun. It goes on fucking forever. The only thing I can imagine doing at this point is setting everything to super easy.

Btw. I supposedly got the assistance of the Thieflings when I helped one out from under some rubble and mentioned Irabeth's name but that seemed to make zero difference in the fight. I got no help from anyone. The invisible dwarf guy showed up but all he did was take out a few plot demons, no actual combatants.

I remember the battle taking long, but it certainly isn't infinite.

Also, the thieflings you helped is not for this battle.

@Redglyph; - I have been getting that error a lot. I found going into advanced mode helped once or twice but not always.

I covered most of what was said in my earlier posts but that bit about completing all quests first … is a little off. There is one with a priest and visiting them later … you can't complete that until afterwards when the full map opens up so don't worry about that one. I only mention it as it has a red hour glass, maybe a bug, as other quests you get that have to be finished later were correctly tagged.

Also the garrison (end) battle is clear but the battle to defend home base (tavern) isn't. That seems to be more random and the game tells you that at any time you could be called in to protect the place.

I have done the first chapter many times and sometimes it was after I had done a ton of things and other times was much sooner. You get to pick when to do the final battle for the chapter but not the time to protect home base. Those are two different battles. Only the final one for the chapter closes out the chapter.

People seemed to be mixing up the two.

Some "reviewing" went in this thread instead of elsewhere.
Guys please tips and hints only.
Water Elemental
When I'm after the story line resting place (journal entry), will additional resting hurt the story line ?
Apart from that, the game reacts rather sluggish … Is this because my PC is so slow, or because the game isn't optimized yet ?
- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).
- You hurt nothing by resting except the party efficiency. Don't worry, you will be able to "reset" it in the chapter finale.
- The game was made in Unity. As such expect low optimization levels, you need a beast of a PC to not see any problem. I don't think lowering graphics will help much, loading times from SSD are oddly slow for a game that looks like this and the game does microfreeze sometimes on dialogue choices, how's that even possible don't ask me.
when I first did it as I was yelling at my computer and hitting my desk… That always calms down my temper lol.

I play to have fun and if combat is stressing me I lower the difficulty…
Anyhow sorry it was frustrating. My only advice is to lower the difficulty and play on RtwP mode as it will be very fast and over with.
I can understand yelling, but furniture destruction… Try not to. ;)
That is the best hint in this thread. The game is not fun but annoying? et it to be fun, that's why all those options exist.
A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:

1. Clear Estrod Tower and bring back information to Irabeth at Defender's Heart - this reduces difficulty of the encounter + I heard it gives you an extra day or so before the attack happens.
2. Clear market place ASAP - you can get additional party members (Ember + Daeran's quest before he joins the party) + unlock some mythic paths (Aeon and Azata)
3. Rescue Storyteller at the Blackwing library before the attack.
4. Recruit Woljif who's at the basement of Defender's Heart.

I don't usually rest and soldier on by drinking potions until DF's attack.
Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right? ;)
I don't know if they help out much in this fight

Get as much gold as you can. I usually make about 12K in gold by battle time which I use for potions and scrolls and a decent weapon and armor.
The fight is base defense? Or another?
Here is my hint and not only for this battle but for others too.
The game has a loading tip to care about spellbooks before resting.
Here's a hint related to that: animals, elementals and other creatures on your side are your friends - especially against an enemy that lowers opponents' level. Use them.

About gold make sure you have 7.5K of it at your disposal. You will need that amount of gold in the next chapter and yes you actually can gather enough of it, but try not to buy every shiny trinket that will become obsolete in the next chapter.
Haste spell is your friend.

ANIMAL COMPANION TIPS:
I absolutely agree on the first tip, make sure your mages copy it in the book!

On the second point, and although the game will write it eventually, make sure your animal companion has INT 3. Don't worry if you started with INT2, you will have a chance at certain level to "fix" it.
Chapter 2

There's an altar down there at Lost Chapel, with something in it. What do I do?
You only see the altar if you have unlocked the Azata path.
You need 3 items: harp, map and sextant.

Place the items in the correct order, you will meet Arueshalae in a dream, that allows to recruit her a little earlier, at the end of chapter 2.
The order is: map, sextant, harp
That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.
You do put all three items on (in) the altar, but their order is irrelevant. When you put them, three buttons appear (hands) and you need to play a song, hint: MRLM.
After the cutscene check the altar again, a fourt nifty item will appear in (on) it.

I have another hint.
You will, assuming you turn every stone, find a traitor BEFORE the chapter 2 final fight.
If you want a certain party memeber early, DO NOT tell the traitor you know because you will not get an infiltration option then necessary to get the certain party member earliest possible.

- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).
For the colour puzzle in the maze (prologue):
Check for 4 coloured items nearby
Check for 4 paintings aligned on a wall

That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.
Good to know, thanks! Yes, it's been like until very recently. I'll edit my tip.

Performances. @Alrik Fassbauer;

Yeah, Unity… I had 50% GPU in the main menu, doing nothing at all.
- It helps to play with the graphics options, but first,
- make sure that you cap the framerate to 60, or whatever you like: (in spoiler to keep it tight)
This problem is typical on nVidia hardware with Unity, the rendering may go crazy and keep your GPU 100% busy. To avoid that:
- open the nVidia Control Panel (right-click on the desktop, for ex),
- "manage 3D settings"
- "program settings"
- add the executable of Pathfinder if it's not in the list, its name is Wrath.exe but you'll have to find the installation folder
- look for "Max Frame Rate" and set it to 60.

You can also do that globally once for all programs, which isn't a bad idea.

Loading times are a bit slow, there's nothing for it. Opening the Load/Save also takes more and more time as the number of saves increases:
- don't hesitate to delete them (from the game or directly with the Explorer)
- set the number of max quicksaves and max autosaves to a lower value

Last edited:
Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right? ;)
Hm, that's weird. In the release version, it was the same as before for me. There's an encounter while I'm moving on the world map, and it's a soldier forcing me to come back to help with the battle of the Defender's Heart. There was simply not avoiding it.

I did return to the DH between quests, but the trigger seems related to time. Or the number of rests plus something else.

So the order of what you do before is important or you may not have enough support.

This DH defense is not a sidequest, it's a key event in the main quest, and it will affect some of the main quest lines depending on when you do them, before or after this event.

Last edited:
Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)…

Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it. :(
Also the pet dragon...
Speaks? Dafuq? Is it also a romance option? ;)

I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements. ;)

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later… ;)

Last edited:
A video on Drezen that exposes a few interesting strategies.

Beware! It contains spoilers, so don't watch it unless you've already done Drezen, and maybe even a few times. Or if you've been disappointed by your choice and want to know more, or else.

IMO too that was a great moment of the game :)

Lots of great moments in this game. So many parts that gave me chills and had me glued to the screen totally soaking up the story and events. I will watch that later even though I have done Drezen three times. I like always finding something new on my own ;)

Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)…
…
Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it. :(
…
Also the pet dragon…
Speaks? Dafuq? Is it also a romance option? ;)

I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements. ;)

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later… ;)

Gold dragon is one of the late mythic path - I talked about this in my WotR preview. For now, you can only choose 1 of 6 initial mythic (angel, azata, trickster, aeon, lich and demon) providing you met pre-requisites to unlock those path - angel & demon are unlocked by default tho.

I see you went with Azata - my fav path ;)

Btw, this is very far from "paladin killing" path. Azata is like friendship is magical path.

Closest to paladin killig path for initial 6 are demon and lich. Later on, you can switch to swarm or a secret 10th path if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.

No, Aivu is not a romance option - she is too young, she is only 5 years old!!!

I disagree - I thought it was a fun combat, at least in RTwP.

I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.

I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.
New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1 :glomp:

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.

... if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.
Thanks!
But I don't take smashing annoying bugs as something evil.
Quite the opposite. If developers won't stop the paladins everywhere travesty, I will do it in my game. If possible. I mean, an additional crusade won't hurt, right? ;)

As Couch said, I posted it earlier but needed moderator approval for others to see it.

New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1 :glomp:

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.

I'm also playing warpriest in this run but going angel mythic.

Also Warpriest (feral) but going Azatic.

I made a Dhampir Sacred Huntsman with an undead touched wolf for something different, they will go Legendary.

Wulver will be my Sylvan (Fey) Sorcerer and go Trickster.

Anyhow thats the plan for now. Focused on my canon character first though, Lobo - Feral Champion of Fenrir (Gozreh).

Back
Top Bottom