WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Thanks, I'll check that out. A fancy rapier definitely fits. He's the "you have offended my honor and we shall duel at dawn" type.

I absolutely adore Daeran - romanceacle characters have far better character development when you romance them.

To me he doesn't care much about his honor., even if he has a big ego. His main drive seems to be about being entertained and experiencing pleasures in life. I could see him pretending to feel insulted and arranging a duel only to not show up and instead pull an elaborate joke that would instead humiliate the person and then it would be more about the entertainment of doing it, and perhaps sharing it with his various admirers, then any actual affront to his honor.
To me, Daeran is living his life fully as if there were no tomorrow, rejecting duties and placing pleasure as a priority. He's rejecting anything lawful and I would expect him to face such an offend with a witty jest or a plain mockery showing that it doesn't make sense dueling.

He's supposed to be neutral but there's a hint of chaotic to me. He has opinions. And he's supposed to be evil but it feels very close to neutral for me. Not that I pay much attention to the alignment.

He's in my preferred companions so far, he's a bit wacky and unpredictable, certainly not boring, keeps you on your toes, and very useful in both support and damage.

I would see him with a fancy rapier though, it would fit the character perfectly from a RP point of view (he'd need a complete respec of course).

Ember's hexes are great! She will pick up more hexes as you level up and she will become quite strong supporter. She requires a bit more management though.
I just can't use Ember effectively, it hasn't clicked for me yet. I hope that playing with hexes with my sylvan rogue will help a little. :) And her character seems too naive, too forgiving.

He's already practically a cleric (Oracle) and Sosei is a cleric.

I'm not picky. I just want him to multiclass into something that would make him not completely redundant in a party in which my PC is an Oracle.

I forgot what his main attributes were, but you can essentially consider any subclass which has those attributes as mains. E.g. if he's Charismatic then he can be any of the subclasses with Charisma as main attribute.

@purpleblob1;
I like Ember, but what hexes would you recommend ?

The ones I choose probably aren't the best ones but I like using following:
Slumber: later on you can get restless slumber which put enemies to sleep + does damage
Evil eye: -2 penalty of AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws or skill checks.
Ameliorating: suppresses dazzled, fatigued, shaken or sickened
Healing: later on major healing

I forgot some of other ones I used... will add more as I level up lol

I forgot what his main attributes were, but you can essentially consider any subclass which has those attributes as mains. E.g. if he's Charismatic then he can be any of the subclasses with Charisma as main attribute.

Daeran's main attribute as an oracle is CHA.

@purpleblob1;

Thanks
@JFarrell71;

I had a quick look at classes and maybe these classes may be of interest:
- Bloodrager and several subclasses - Greenrager makes him into a summoner or Reformed Fiend makes him into a redeemed demon, which in my head can work with his story too.

- A Feyspeaker (Druid subclass) could work too
- Eldritch Scion (Magus subclass) fits him too in my opinion.

- Finally a Skald can work too if you want an alternative to a Bard.

Two pages of almost comments and impressions again?
Why?
There is one companion I decided to put on the side because I haven't figured how to make use of her. It's Ember.
I can confirm both you and purple.
She is absolutely atrocious earlygame, assuming you're leveling her game preset and not turning into hireable merc.
So a hint is exactly as purple's - leave her at home till she beefs up a bit (late chapter 3).
Another thing I noticed is there is no easy way to disband armies you don't need.
But there is.
Just send them on a suicide mission, to hit any trashmobs army.
Even trying to combine them into one army with the buttons is a literal pain the ass.:(
Eh?
I don't think so, units combining is pretty good and I do it all the time.
Put them at the same spot and then you'll see a symbol like TAB on keyboard (arrows left/right) then you can choose which army combines with which one if several are at the same spot.

The annoying part is when you need to switch general only. If you detatch general, you'll have to wait 3 ingame days to be able to use that general again.
Instead you should switch one by one unit.

There is another betatesters suck bug - you can't switch units that occupy 1 square with units that occupy 4 squares, wtf beta?
Annoying as it is, yous press "i" by the army with 4 square unit and remove it as a separate army in order to sort this crap.

Someone will say but why should I switch anything?
Why have more than one general?

Well, the archer general gets a nice stun for 2 rounds spell at level 4 or 5, forgot.
Did you notice what happens when you engage demons with a shitton of succubi?
Yea. Well, hit 'em with your stunner who might not be a great healer, but is very useful at certain occassions.

Anyway, I have no idea why there isn't army management screen at the base city.
Where you could keep all units you ever got but aren't using.

Trivia quizz: which betatester left unnoticed a nightmare mode quest on normal playthrough? All of them.

There is one such quest and OMG.
You're supposed to visit and explore Blackwater.
The first few rooms are tricky, but you'll also be tricky and deal with them without breaking a sweat. ;)

If you're struggling already in those initial rooms…
Spoilers inside, but hints too.
As soon as you arrive, you're fighting not easy enemies, called augmented, but they're not the problem.
The problem are two pillars spamming lighting on your arse.
Do get close to those pillars with your highest perception character, after detection you will be able to disable pillars and make the fight normal. Easy peasy? ;)

Next seemingly hard point are augmented salamanders.
Shoot those from above, there is a ladder and they can't use it.
If you try to deal with them conventionally, you're history after they aggro on your 1 by 1 party member arse.

Other trashmobs are normalish, you know your skills and spells.
With traps and summons your characters will be left barely scratched.
If one of those trashmobs won't die due to regeneration, just use the rod the game gave you or ability (A on toolbar) everyone has: coup the grace.
But then comes an area with a bunch of augmented demons.

I retried it many times and failed to find a strategy against those.
They should be vulnerable to electricity so you can disrupt their regeneration, but for whatever reason are immune to it. Dafuq design is that?
And they kill your character, any, with basically two hits.

Is this supposed to be normal on a normal difficulty?
No, you can't return to this area later, this quest is marked to disappear if you don't do it in chapter 3.

Anyone managed this one on normal difficulty?
If you did, how?
I wonder how nightmare difficulty players will deal with this one.

Trivia quizz: which betatester left unnoticed a nightmare mode quest on normal playthrough? All of them.

There is one such quest and OMG.
You're supposed to visit and explore Blackwater.
The first few rooms are tricky, but you'll also be tricky and deal with them without breaking a sweat. ;)

Blackwater was added in very late stage of the beta phase and I never experienced it - I keep hearing scary things about this place, I'm going to wait till I cleared all other areas in chapter 3 first ;)

Should have been chapter 7 material…

Beside abnormal difficulty, yes I romped it down to the easiest because I cannot stand to have one unfinished quest, it does have a few bugs easily noticable:

1. If you hack the door BEFORE the initial cutscene, it won't open till doomsday. So fight first, ask… I mean hack later. ;)
Oddly the Dimension Door spell is among loot in this area. As if devs knew there is something wrong and provided the workaround if you get stuck. Conspiracy theory by Joxer. :D

2. Items on killed augmented humanoids respawn every minute or two. You'll be rich by looting! Alas no, these are pots and cheap equipment. *sigh*

3a. It can happen a NPC in a room just before the boss doesn't appear (Athara Vans). I have no idea what triggers her absence.

3b. In the same room, if you didn't get all parts for a circlet and touch the machine, you won't be able to (re)construct the circlet later, and you want it.

3c. If you break that machine, you can repeat breaking it over and over till doomsday.

4. Doors you can't burn through tend to be unresponsive. If you try to open them, they say locked which is okay and logical - initially.
But later these doors should open "thinking" you're the chief operator. So click on them and wait a few seconds, it might work. If not, reload, try again.

5. Weapons augmented humanoids carry tend to have a box icon instead of some weapon (sword or whatever) and there is no description, only that it's onehanded weapon with certain damage.

And these are just from breezing through. I bet I'd find more if I was deliberately trying to break the game in there.

So a hint:
Leave Blackwater quest for last (if you already didn't) in chapter 3.
There is a chance some new patch will fix this area, maybe not the whole of it, but at least ilogical shock damage immunity where electricity should have been a vulnerability.

Last edited:
Pfft… rookie. ;)
I wish you were playing the game and see it yourself.

Here's another hint.
As you know or not, you will receive a warning when ch3 ending is about to happen.
Do not rush into it.
There are some challenging fights waiting and chapter3 sidequests some want to skip do provide tons of fantastic equipment. And XP of course.

Also in chapter 4 there is no KB/HoMM so do everything you can on the crusade map in ch3.
It is possible to clear all static armies and bases as I did it - on normal difficulty. Dunno about harder ones.

Sadly I had no patience to craft all relics from map crusade loot, too many of those you get and all take too much of time (days) to craft, hopefully someone in the future will make a list of all so you craft only the best ones. :(

I see that there is another patch

There is.

I forgot to say above.
Although I've said it for chapter3 that because of either deliberate trolling the player or betatesters fails, that you shoud buy Dimension Door scrolls and teach two predefinded companions that spell.
Sorcerer kinda types can learn it on level up.

You will adore this spell in chapter 4 and this is definetly by design.
See, just by the entrance top the city… Thanks to this spell you bought for mere 700gp (or looted for free in ch3 Blackwater):
pic.jpg

O_O

Expect many more Alrik. Nothing against the developer but that's a fact. They missed a few obvious ones in the first acts and the last few acts were never beta tested.:)

They are when a released product needs 40 or more. You have a broken game then. Frankly developers have gotten lazy because of the release now fix later attitude.

Shit look at the new spell force games each one needed over 30+ patches.

Back
Top Bottom