The quests we should be doing next are (in sequence):
- Maze of Madness
- Feast or Famine
- Crucible
- Madstone Crater
- Cabal for One
- Prison of the Planes
- Gianthold Tor

Then we can collect the saga reward. :) We should now all be flagged for the Reaver's Fate quest. That can probably be run later at normal difficulty. I could do the mastermind puzzle.
Not quite. Those quests jump to level 14 starting with Crucible. So after Maze and Feast, we need to switch over to Lordsmarch2 which are also level 13. Then we take our level. Then we finish off that list as shown.

I don't think Reywind got to catch up. Might be able to do that if Dte comes on late. Otherwise can make up later. Several of us have alts we can run to help him.

The servers have been down all am. Some hardware issue they said and the restart is taking longer then they said. Hopefully they are up by game time.

I've been given a hint at how my evening will unfold. Still subject to change, since mine is not to question but to do what I'm told with a smile on my face. I'll probably be 30 mins late, give or take. Same rules, though--if I'm more than an hour late, leave my ass on the dock and sail.

They've announce they're back up. If they're not, I'll re-post.

Something very special happened to me in DDO just after we completed our Friday session.

We stopped a bit early since some had to bail. Then I noticed that an EH VON 5-6 was up again. Instead of just chit-chatting I figured I could have a yet another go for the elusive VON 6 rewards (mainly epic shards). Usually I get nothing, but the XP is very good so I gain 150-200k each run. Very nice if you want to farm epic destinies.

I decided to join the group and got the very last slot in the 12 man raid. A good omen was that one of the other in the raid got a scroll of Sword of Shadows from killing a trash mob. That scroll almost never drops.

The actual raid progressed normally and Velah was killed in the end. The double chest bug is back so we got 4 chest instead of the usual 2 (both the 2 heroic chests and the 2 epic chests).

I got nothing at all as usual so the story could have ended there. I prepared to leave the quest until one in the group said "Look at that shard". The quest had dropped exactly ONE shard and this time the extremely elusive, Shard of Sword of Shadows. Of course, it was the cleric who got it. Just my luck I thought….. Until the cleric said she wanted 5 raid bypass tokens for it. I wrote that I could give her that. I didn't have any bypass tokens, but they can be purchased from the DDO store.

So I opened the store and found the item and bought 5. Then I tried to find the item in my inventory and didn't find anything. So I wondered if the store was bugged and I would miss my esos shard again, after 200 VON 5-6 runs.

I tried again and suddenly I saw 10 bypass tokens in the inventory. So I started a trade with the lucky cleric and showed her the 10 tokens. She wrote I won and she grabbed the tokens. I then checked the epic guild chest and there was the epic shard of sword of shadows waiting for me.

So the Christmas present was within reach until I saw a yellow latency icon showing. We had a lot of lag in our run so I was afraid that lag could eat my reward if I tried to take it. So I patiently had to wait hoping the icon would turn green and not red. The stars shone on me so it turned to green as I hoped and I grabbed the shard.

It ended up in my inventory. I then got another situation when I tried to move the shard to my shared bank and got a yellow latency icon again. This time I knew I could wait even for a red icon since the shard was in my inventory. Only a server crash could mess up my reward. I logged in again and got a green icon and placed the shard on my bank.

I logged in on my level 15 fighter and grabbed the shard. He had the scroll, seal and heroic sword of shadows. So he could now finally craft the epic sword of shadows. A trip to the twelve was next on the agenda. The epic altar for crafting is located next to the entrance to the tower. I placed all 4 pieces in the altar and clicked forge. Then all items disappeared and after some time (much longer than I think is normal) I saw a new item in the inventory. I hovered the mouse over the item and saw it was called "Epic Sword of Shadows". Finally I got the most sought item in the entire game. The only downside is that I couldn't try it out. The minimum level is 20 and my fighter is only level 15. He even has a Devil's ruin red augment crystal so he can get a Harry beater once he gets to 20. Then it will be fun taking on Harry. :)

So Turbine finally smiled at me yesterday. So I no longer agree that it's impossible to craft epic items. At least I have some proof that it can be done with A LOT of patience. Not many would have grinded the same quest 200 times for an item that drops maybe 0.5% of the time.

During 2013 I have been able to craft maybe 5 or 6 Epic Vault of Night items. These are quite good despite some level 23+ items from Eveningstar or Epic Gianthold being better. If we had made guild runs of these quests we could more easily forward base items, seals, scrolls and shards to the ones needing them. So I guess some of you could have had the chance too.

Meh, another pointy stick!! :p :) Congrats Peter on now having a Merry Christmas!!

Congratulations ! :)
Could you post a screenshot of it here, too ?

Not quite. Those quests jump to level 14 starting with Crucible. So after Maze and Feast, we need to switch over to Lordsmarch2 which are also level 13. Then we take our level. Then we finish off that list as shown.

One thing we should do soon is run DQ. We never have gotten around to it on the friday groups. We're overlevel now, so we could run normal or hard without fear of breaking streak.

Yep, we can blitz that on normal, run the raid on hard, and then go back and find where ever Corwin got lost at in the desert explorer area.

Mirys is less than 40k from level now, and I'm working on getting her that. Not a lot to run though, other than farming GH quests or doing Orchard S/R runs.

Grats on the new toy. Maybe you won't crash going into the Desert?

What a nice DDO Christmas present! Congratulations on the sword, Peter … that is one sweet looking sword! :)

Also, I forgot to respond to your previous post about earning the favor / heroic commendations to upgrade our raid box items. I am up for it on all my epic level toons, & on my Friday toon eventually.

Yep, we can blitz that on normal, run the raid on hard, and then go back and find where ever Corwin got lost at in the desert explorer area.

Mirys is less than 40k from level now, and I'm working on getting her that. Not a lot to run though, other than farming GH quests or doing Orchard S/R runs.

Grats on the new toy. Maybe you won't crash going into the Desert?
IIRC, Klubbir's only 1/4 rank into lvl16 and Corwin's just a bit ahead of me. So, you're in last place, but not by much. ;)

We're already going to be overlevel so do we want to hit DQ before taking our next level or after? More than 1 person will be running DQ for 0XP if we pick "before", but the chance for raid loot gives the run value regardless; we'll all be looking at a serious XP penalty if we pick "after". Personally, I think "before" makes more sense because the folks on the ceiling getting 0XP are the ones that don't need XP to keep pace anyway so waiting until after the level just takes XP away from the stragglers that need it. Of course, that's easy for me to say since I'm one of said stragglers.

It sounded like we were going to have full attendance for tomorrow, surprisingly, so here's the plan:
-come in on epics
Devil Assault
-toon swap
Lordsmarch2 parts 3 and 4
DQ preraid and raid
-take level 16 (may do this before DQ)
GH flags (unlikely we get this far, but who knows)

The intent is to finish off the night by taking our level. I think we'll get there too early without the round of token farming, even with Pikefest (aka Undermine) on the plate. Besides, Aletys will have an aneurysm if we don't follow thru on my off-the-cuff half-serious proposal for weekly token farming.

Looking ahead, I'm thinking about us skipping Necro4 and reserving the Orchard as a catchup zone. We're thin on level 14 and 15 content, particularly since we won't be able to do the lvl15 Wheloon chain until after we run the Bridge chain, but I think we'll have enough XP banked that it might not be too bad. The other option would be to run the Bridge earlier on normal/hard with overlevel hirings so we don't break our streak. Not sure we want to be running Spinner on elite anyway. We'll have to see how everyone's ranks work out.

LOL … I successfully ran Spinner on Elite with a pug.

Granted, we all died, but then we simply took turns releasing, repairing, rebuffing (always leaving one person inside with the spinner). Then we'd re-group at the critter that sends you inside, go back in, raise the poor toon stuck inside & beat the spinner down.

Think we only had to do that once or twice. It was effective, & we got the elite favor without having to run the quest more than once. :)

Of course, if you're farming for special loot, you might actually want to run it more than once.

IIRC, Klubbir's only 1/4 rank into lvl16 and Corwin's just a bit ahead of me. So, you're in last place, but not by much. ;)

I'll probably remain in last place, but if I hit 16 before tomorrow's session, I'll at least not be hitting L14 stuff a level behind the rest of the group.

We're already going to be overlevel so do we want to hit DQ before taking our next level or after? More than 1 person will be running DQ for 0XP if we pick "before", but the chance for raid loot gives the run value regardless; we'll all be looking at a serious XP penalty if we pick "after". Personally, I think "before" makes more sense because the folks on the ceiling getting 0XP are the ones that don't need XP to keep pace anyway so waiting until after the level just takes XP away from the stragglers that need it. Of course, that's easy for me to say since I'm one of said stragglers.

I vote for before, to maximize xp on those of use behind. We do LM2 pt 3-4, DQ1 and 2, hit level, then take on GH L14's. The long part will be undermine; some of us (*coughCrowincough*) can't make the jumps across the platforms, so we're stuck. I should be able to provide fire support for the mine clearer once we hit the part with mobs shooting, but there's always the chance for a missed jump or lag.

Looking ahead, I'm thinking about us skipping Necro4 and reserving the Orchard as a catchup zone. We're thin on level 14 and 15 content, particularly since we won't be able to do the lvl15 Wheloon chain until after we run the Bridge chain, but I think we'll have enough XP banked that it might not be too bad. The other option would be to run the Bridge earlier on normal/hard with overlevel hirings so we don't break our streak. Not sure we want to be running Spinner on elite anyway. We'll have to see how everyone's ranks work out.

With us unable to hit purple haze until we hit Spinner (and assuming we even want to hit purple haze, I certainly don't care to), I'd suggest the opposite; we actually do the Necro4 flags. If we can get the sigil pieces, we may even laugh at Corwin through Litany (he'll be lost). I've only ran Litany once, a couple of years ago, so I can't give much guidance.

The reason being is that Necro4 quests are decent enough XP, but are also, save Vol, rather difficult to solo. If they are to be done, as catchup or not, we'll need a group to do so. May as well make them part of the rotation. We normally don't hit them anyway, just the S/E/R runs and that's it, so this will be a change.

I don't know how many sigil pieces Mirys has, other than the one I got using the initial S/E/R run to close the gap a bit. I've got to hit the TR cache and get out her old frame. Her old taps bag had a half-dozen in it.

Roughly 39,000 from level 16 right now.

The long part will be undermine; some of us (*coughCrowincough*) can't make the jumps across the platforms, so we're stuck. I should be able to provide fire support for the mine clearer once we hit the part with mobs shooting, but there's always the chance for a missed jump or lag.
The Old Man will be trap monkeying, so he'll be clearing, not jumping. I figure it shouldn't take him more than 45 minutes to clear a path thru the minefield. ;)

It shouldn't matter who does the clearing, since we just blow the stupid things up. There's over 500 mines in there, and I'm not waiting around to let someone disable them all.

I've been looking at the quest list. For level 13's, we have only the remaining Lordsmarch 2 quests, and Mired in Kobolds. The LM2 quests plus DQ should net me my level even if I don't manage to do much tonight, though I'm logged in right now and debating on something to do. 14 is likewise short, consisting of GH flags, walkup, preraid and raid, and the Necro4 flagging quests (Litany is 15, and the raid is 17, not that we'll ever be able to find a time when it's not closed due to bugs).

Back
Top Bottom