Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Cyberpunk 2077 got a good looking trailer at E3.

Watch the E3 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 — the role-playing game of the dark future from CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Night City, California. Year 2077.

The world is broken. MegaCorps manage every aspect of life from the top floors of their sky-scraping fortresses. Down below, the streets are run by drug pushing gangs, tech hustlers, and illegal braindance slingers. The in-between is where decadence, sex and pop culture mix with violent crime, extreme poverty and the unattainable promise of the American Dream.

You are V, a cyberpunk. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.
More information.

Last edited:
Idk. I'm pretty disappointed that there wasn't even a snippet of actual gameplay footage after all this time.

Idk. I'm pretty disappointed that there wasn't even a snippet of actual gameplay footage after all this time.

Agreed, JDR13. This is only the 2nd trailer in... what... 5 years????

Rumors have it that it's being demoed behind closed doors at E3. The same thing happened with Witcher 3, iirc. And after 6 months to a year that demo was then release to the public. I hope it won't be that long again.

But yeah, gameplay would've been awesome. What surprised me was that there was no one from CDPR on the Xbox stage, to set things up. I'd have expected at least that.

henriquejr said:
Agreed, JDR13. This is only the 2nd trailer in… what… 5 years????
Yeah, but this one is with the actual graphics engine. Doesn't take away the sting much, but it's something. :D

I am pretty sure I saw the default commander Shepard in there somewhere ...

Otherwise: yeah, nice. Gameplay pleaaseee.

Lovely to get more of a feel for the setting even if we still lack gameplay.
Also video is so fast that it's hard to catch all the information shown so here's a single frame.
c9st97pbv8311.png

They showed a lot, in brief minute or two.

One, they absolutely nailed the setting, in feel and aesthetics: 2020 is not Bladerunner or Deus Ex, it's far more vibrant, that urban opera feel. Think Vampire Bloodlines on steroids. :p

But yeah, I was really hoping for some gameplay.

Big question? Is it only male character?

screen-just-around-the-corner.4.jpg

This looks like a female protagonist.

Is there char creation? Like in Mass Effect?

my interest now after 7 years so almost nothing for this game after seeing that.

Woot woot, the hype is real. I don't mind the lack of gameplay since this is clearly the intended look for the end product. That retro-80's vibe is still pretty in vogue right now but they shouldn't wait too much longer as 90's nostalgia is right around the corner.

One concern is that it's more ambitious than Witcher 3, a game that already pushed the bar up and I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. A lot about Witcher worked because they could weave the story around Geralt as a central protagonist, that gets trickier when you gotta take into account if the main character is a glam rocker, hacker or corporate climber, etc.

They showed a lot, in brief minute or two.

One, they absolutely nailed the setting, in feel and aesthetics: 2020 is not Bladerunner or Deus Ex, it's far more vibrant, that urban opera feel. Think Vampire Bloodlines on steroids. :p

But yeah, I was really hoping for some gameplay.

Big question? Is it only male character?

screen-just-around-the-corner.4.jpg

This looks like a female protagonist.

Is there char creation? Like in Mass Effect?

There is a character creation, it's mentioned in the hidden text in the trailer.

I personally found the trailer "meh". Yes, it shows Cyberpunk 2020 very well, but it also feels very much like GTA with a futuristic skin and a white male preset protagonist even if the hidden text says otherwise.

Now to wait for Tuesday for more info.

Leave my drugs alone.
It states "game engine footage" clearly. Hell, just look at that hair!

pic.jpg

Oh, you're talking about no dark souls grinding footage? Bleh. You can see that in every other trailer engine, so please.

Hmm, going by the official website the playable character is called V

You are V, a cyberpunk. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.

It'll probably be like in Mass Effect, you are someone called 'V' but you can fully customize him/her in appearance, gender and class.

Back
Top Bottom