Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Grinding Gear Games announces the next expansion for Path of Exile called Forsaken Masters is now available to download , and play for free.

Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters is Now Live

Newest expansion adds personal towns, master missions, new item crafting options, Rampage and Beyond Challenge Leagues, and
much more!

Auckland, New Zealand - August 20, 2014 - Grinding Gear Games, developer of the award-winning action RPG Path of Exile, today announced that Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters, an entirely new content expansion, is now live as of 3:00 PM PST (10:00 AM New Zealand Time on August 21) as a free update to the game. Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters offers both new and returning Path of Exile players a slew of new content and features related to the seven Masters.

As per the expansion's title, players will cross paths with the seven Forsaken Masters -- seven skilled individuals who were exiled to the forsaken continent of Wraeclast by Dominus, a powerful entity of corruption and tyranny. Each Master offers unique quests, training, mission variations, item crafting and modification options, secret and customizable towns known as Hideouts, tiers of Hideout decorations, and more in exchange for an Exile's help. New Challenge Leagues, revamped boss fights, new lore, new Unique items, new skill and support gems, a PvP Spectator Mode, and dozens of other additions have also been implemented as part of the Forsaken Masters expansion.

Further information about Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters can be found on the Path of Exile website at http://www.pathofexile.com/masters.
More information.

Maybe I should return to Path of Exile and see how it's shaped up. I played (a year?) ago and it was a great experience, but I can't necessarily muster the ambition to dive back in. Still, that skill tree! Diablo clones are in the habit of generally being pretty good.

Now is certainly the best time ever to play Path of Exile. All the new content from their two expansions really adds diversity to the game. Plus, it is very cool how they have rolled over certain league-exclusive features into all game modes. This is a great way for a developer to test ideas in the real world with specific leagues and then roll over all the best stuff. Yet another reason the PoE developers are so ahead of Blizzard.

I do plan to start a new character class on the Rampage (non-Hardcore) league. And I should say: don't sweat the skill tree. I know many players freak out and even stop playing because they just can't decide what to invest in. By the end of the game you'll have 20, 30, or more Orbs of Regret which let you reassign 1 point each.

So without much trouble you can do a big respec of your skill tree. So just put points into what seems good to you. The game is easy enough until about level 45, then consider looking up builds online.

Back
Top Bottom