Things you don't need to know...

A book you might prefer not to get. Or maybe you really would like it:

MATLAB Programming: Mathematical Problem Solutions (De Gruyter STEM)

From the presentation at Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/MATLAB-Progr...ramming&qid=1624988621&s=digital-text&sr=1-18) this book "presents fundamentals in MATLAB programming, including data and statement structures, control structures, function writing and bugging in MATLAB programming"

an incarnation of pibbur who really would like to know who (or what companies) bought this one (or similar books in general programming).

A book you might prefer not to get. Or maybe you really would like it:

MATLAB Programming: Mathematical Problem Solutions (De Gruyter STEM)

From the presentation at Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/MATLAB-Progr...ramming&qid=1624988621&s=digital-text&sr=1-18) this book "presents fundamentals in MATLAB programming, including data and statement structures, control structures, function writing and bugging in MATLAB programming"

an incarnation of pibbur who really would like to know who (or what companies) bought this one (or similar books in general programming).
Normal people would buy a book, which helps debugging. But Chuck Norris needs this book, because he can only make bug free programs. So he needs extra advice how to make a normal program (with bugs).

Also normal people wouldn't buy books anyways, since you can find everything about programming in the internet.

Normal people would buy a book, which helps debugging. But Chuck Norris needs this book, because he can only make bug free programs. So he needs extra advice how to make a normal program (with bugs).

Chuck Norris went to a feminist convention and came back with his shirt ironed and a sandwich.

It's that time of the year. Seagulls have got babies. And they're pissed.

Anyone, willingly or not, approaching their nests or wherever their yet non-flying offspring spend their days are regarded as predator-wannabes and therefore attacked with poo and occasionalyl sharp beaks. Without mercy. Problem is, these days they prefer to lay their eggs in parking lots, bus stops, railway stations, any place also frequented by humans (possibly also other animals).

Ornithologists claim they're not dangerlous. Hah! Today I read in the newsaper about this fellow Bergen citizen who suffered a fractured hand after being attacked. Admittedly that was because he lost his balance and fell off his electric scooter running at 20khp, when trying to defend himself by lifting his arms previously connected to the handle of said scooter, and therefore not directly a result of the attack, but that's beside the point. Hah!

We have to suffer this for the next 3 weeks!!!!

An angry seagull:
2BU4V7XYNaTFid5knNIgBghr4kFMTazGanlgL33gzAow.jpg

an incarnation of pibbur who recommends bringing an umbrella, which anyhow is usually recommended when living in a rainy city like Bergen@Norway.

PS. Bergen citizen attacked by seagulls (observe bandages on left arm):
bnOkCY-rL-1GizDL5T-pFQSSN3aTEXj5BQ7ssSTP_Wcw.jpg
DS.

It's that time of the year. Seagulls have got babies. And they're pissed.

Anyone, willingly or not, approaching their nests or wherever their yet non-flying offspring spend their days are regarded as predator-wannabes and therefore attacked with poo and occasionalyl sharp beaks. Without mercy. Problem is, these days they prefer to lay their eggs in parking lots, bus stops, railway stations, any place also frequented by humans (possibly also other animals).

Ornithologists claim they're not dangerlous. Hah! Today I read in the newsaper about this fellow Bergen citizen who suffered a fractured hand after being attacked. Admittedly that was because he lost his balance and fell off his electric scooter running at 20khp, when trying to defend himself by lifting his arms previously connected to the handle of said scooter, and therefore not directly a result of the attack, but that's beside the point. Hah!

We have to suffer this for the next 3 weeks!!!!

An angry seagull:
2BU4V7XYNaTFid5knNIgBghr4kFMTazGanlgL33gzAow.jpg

an incarnation of pibbur who recommends bringing an umbrella, which anyhow is usually recommended when living in a rainy city like Bergen@Norway.

PS. Bergen citizen attacked by seagulls (observe bandages on left arm):
bnOkCY-rL-1GizDL5T-pFQSSN3aTEXj5BQ7ssSTP_Wcw.jpg
DS.

Given the rain, only one umbrella?? That would be like being from Oz and only having one hat to keep the sun off!

Although I'm a good ten minutes from the ocean proper, the intercoastal is only two blocks from my home, so we get a fair number of aquatic fowl stopping by to check out the power lines and yards. They tend to frighten off the smaller birds.

Given the rain, only one umbrella?? That would be like being from Oz and only having one hat to keep the sun off!

I have a large umbrella. Also certified for hurricanes and cyclones. Not sure about tornados (the ones we have here are pathetic and according to horror movies not representative).

an incarnation of pibbur who may have exaggerated the wind resistance properties of the object mentioned.

PS. Actually, I have several umbrellas, mostly bought because I thought I'd lost the main one, only to find out (after buying the replacement) that I hadn't lost it after all. Fortunately, when buying replacement umbrellas I tend to buy cheap ones, since I'm apparently, at that time, in an umbrella-losing phase of my life. DS.

PPS. See above. The clue is to only buy umbrellas with sufficiently low quality, so they break down approximately at the same time as you lose them. Can sometimes be hard, requires a lot of experience (which I have). DS.

I guess that's how Mr. Alfred Hitchcock got his ideas from ... - from angry seagulls ?

I like bicycling as a sport. So, I'm having a great time now watching Tour de France.

However, there is also track cycling, which is characterised by a multitude of ... interesting (weird) events, one of them being the Longest Lap event, part of the Revolution series:

an incarnation of pibbur who can calmly balance longer than these athletes do (on his exercise bike).

Death Valley National Park, on the border of California and Nevada, reached a temperature of 130 degrees Fahrenheit on Friday. That's just 4 degrees off the hottest temperature ever recorded anywhere in the world.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-valley-national-park-weather-record-130-degrees/

I live in Portland, Oregon, aka the place that reached 116 or so a few weeks back. At the time I was thinking "there's a reason I don't live in freaking Death Valley."

Fortunately it's been between around 80-90 degrees since so not horrific, but these increasing highs are worrisome.

I live in Portland, Oregon, aka the place that reached 116 or so a few weeks back. At the time I was thinking "there's a reason I don't live in freaking Death Valley."

Fortunately it's been between around 80-90 degrees since so not horrific, but these increasing highs are worrisome.

Yeah, I used to think Florida was hot, but it's nothing compared to the Southwest. The humidity makes it seem hotter than it actually is, and people constantly complain about it, but I'll take 85-90 degrees plus humidity over 110+ degrees any day.

It's crazy that it actually got that hot in Oregon, but at least you guys have cool nights there. It's often still in the 80s here after midnight.

Honestly, so far this summer has been fairly pleasant in my part of Florida, so long as you don't mind the unexpected shower or two. And, you know, possible hurricanes every now and then. I'm able to spend eight to ten hours a day easily on the porch, reading and enjoying some tunes. The thought of ever enduring temperatures in the negative twenty to forty range again is enough to give me a mental shudder.

This one may be of special interest to ozzies. So you might ask, why on earth do I post it?

BBC 2 opened AFAIK officially on the 20th of April 1964. Unfortunately, 35 minutes before liftoff, the channel was hit by a power failure, which to some degree affected the event. Now, before launch "the channel was represented by two kangaroo mascots, called Hullabaloo and Custard. Hullabaloo, a mother, represented BBC1, while Custard, her joey, represented the new BBC2." (Wikipedia). So, they came up with the idea to have a genetically genuine and living specimen in the studio. According to my sources said kangaroo was in a lift when power disappeared, and went berserk according to witnessess who probably was in the lift as well (and survived, obviously).

Kangaroo going berserk:
kangaroo-sjp.jpg

an incarnation of pibbur who from now on will refuse to enter lifts occupied by living marsupials. And who wonders if roos are more dangerous than gulls.

Last edited:
If marsupials are bad what monotremes, even more ‘primitive’ and makes from one type have venomous spurs.

EDIT: an incarnation of pibbur who from now on will refuse to enter lifts occupied by living marsupials and monotremes and spiders and salwater crocs and ... actually nearly all ozzie wildlife (humans excluded). And who wonders if roos are more dangerous than gulls.

Back
Top Bottom