Final Fantasy - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Final Fantasy Remaster has been released (Part 2 and 3 as well, the parts 4-6 will follow):

Final Fantasy

The original FINAL FANTASY comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster!

A remodeled 2D take on the first game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved ease of play.

Earth, fire, water, wind... The light that once shone within the four Crystals was lost. Darkness covered the land, until the only hope for humanity rested in legends past. Become the Warriors of Light and embark on your own journey to restore power to the Crystals and save the world.

Switch between classes to improve your characters. Traverse the wide world with your airship and other vessels. Return to the game that started it all.

KEY FEATURES:

• Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
  • Beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
  • Improved gameplay, including modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more!
  • Dive into the world of the game with supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, and music player.
*This remaster is based on the original "FINAL FANTASY" game released in 1987. Features and/or content may differ from previously rereleased versions of the game.
More information.

Waiting for all of them to be released and will buy then on a Steam sale.

Someone once said that if you have nothing positive to say, you should stay quiet.

*very silent lurker*

Im long time planning to play FF6, being considered as one of best in series, by many around the net. If they release this remaster to switch, I will consider it a sign that its right time to finally do it.

I hope they at least put an option in to change the font to pixelated..

Do these old games really stand up to more modern versions in terms of game play and complexity ?

I'd be astonished if they don't make these most recent versions available for the Switch. When, however, is anyone's guess.

True - that would be a great fit... though as someone who preordered a Steam Deck, I'm now looking at my future gameplay choices through the lens of what games will be best suited to the Deck when it comes out, so I'm less concerned about Switch ports now.

I purchased FF 1 last night. The visuals are a bit of a letdown (to me), but it seems to be a better port than what Square-Enix is known for.

I hope they at least put an option in to change the font to pixelated..
It seems you can switch the English and Japanese font to get one that looks better.
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/115...-the-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-games-on-pc

Do these old games really stand up to more modern versions in terms of game play and complexity ?
Not IMHO. Anything older than 7 is just too old for me. I got a pretty long way into 6 but, even with a good story, I simply wasn't having much fun.

Generally, these games would make current gamers run for something far easier. Or frantically search for ways to cheat at them instead, lol. Perhaps they aren't overly "complex", yet they are mostly fun, if older graphics don't upset ya.

I prefer the older games in the series to the newer ones. Part of that is definitely nostalgia, but I also dislike the weird mish-mash of fantasy and sci-fi in most of them since FF 8.

Yeah I'm right there with ya, especially the ones that are pure online garbage/mmo's. Thanks but no thanks! I like, enjoy and play eight through twelve yet they pale in comparison to the prior games.

Probably when Earth life is completely destroyed by extinction level asteroids, the newcomer colonists in A.D 4020 will still find intact Final Fantasy disks. So this plague of a series will never die..

I might actually break down and buy this sooner rather than later, simply because I want the powers that be to see a market for this, and hopefully, someday, bring such awesome games like Final Fantasy: Tactics, Tactics: Ogre, and many other back from the too-far past.

Back
Top Bottom