Two Worlds II: PotFF - Preview Roundup # 2

aries100

SasqWatch
More previews have come up for this expansion pack for Two Worlds Two.
First up is Games Radar
The developer has been listening closely to a lot of the fan complaints and at this point it seems like they’re sparing no expense to improve the TWII experience. For example, they’re ripping out a lot of the dialogue and have re-cast some of the lead characters due to complaints. They’ve improved the combat engine, animations, and added an all-new facial animation system.
Then we have
Gaming Lives
The setting for the expansion is Kangor Bay, a cursed archipelago that your character must navigate in order to complete various quests to gain favour with the pirates and, ultimately, stay alive. The map itself looks impressive, adding another 25% to the existing single player area and is said to provide another ten hours of gameplay from beginning to end.
More information.

An actual EXPANSION! Gotta love that.

And they’ve focused upon seafaring, as you might guess from the whole pirates thing in the title. You’ll have a much greater focus on sailing in your little dingy, and pirates will be everywhere. We didn’t get to see a ton of the content, but what we saw was pretty great. The ocean at sunset as we sailed across was legitimately beautiful, and the massive pirate ships are impressive.

Sounds pretty good. So you actually get to have full control of a boat rather than just using it as fast travel?

Also, is this an add-in expansion or something you play after completing TWII?

Btw: Anyone else having trouble with the Gaming Lives link?

Awesome. Between this and Risen 2, my pirate fantasies will be fulfilled. Pirates! Gold, I no longer need you...

Sounds pretty good. So you actually get to have full control of a boat rather than just using it as fast travel?
You already have that in Two Worlds II and it's divine.
http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=32
(watch the last clip)

Also, is this an add-in expansion or something you play after completing TWII?
They said it's taking place after the main story, but they've also said it's accessible to both new and existing characters, and takes place in the same world. So I'm going to say it's an addition to the world that you're going to have to find out on your own (i.e., add-in).

Back
Top Bottom