S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Interestingly, this preview of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky says no publisher has yet been named for the followup, despite the apparent success THQ has experienced with the original title...or did the delays sour them? Anyway, here's an early snip from IGN's look:
One of the reasons GSC decided to move towards a prequel rather than a simple expansion pack is their desire to clear up some of the story a bit and explain the area around Chernobyl and the factions inhabiting it a bit better. As Strelok, you'll have access to eight factions total, with one new one in the mix. The story really gets going when Strelok finds the passage into the inner areas of the Zone. When the defenders there get wind of this, they begin pushing new anomalies out into the rest of the Zone, totally screwing with the current hierarchy of the Zone. This throws everything into disarray causing fights between all of them as they try to move around and settle themselves in the area.
More information.

On one hand I think it's great that they're already working on another STALKER game. On the other hand I think it's a joke that they still haven't fixed all of the bugs in the first game.

Unfortunately that is all too common ... I hope they are semi-separate teams right now.

Well, patch 1.0004 seems to be very close (it's apparently just waiting for approval from THQ). Maybe they just wanted to get E3 out of the way and we'll get the patch next week already(?)

Stalker was an excellent, atmospheric game. I hated the fact you couldn't use your inventory without the gaming pausing itself, though. I'll definitely play the sequal. Overall I thought it was the most interesting FP type game since System Shock 2.

Well, patch 1.0004 seems to be very close (it's apparently just waiting for approval from THQ). Maybe they just wanted to get E3 out of the way and we'll get the patch next week already(?)

I wonder how much they will be concetrating on fixes with this one considering
the host of new features they were advertising for it...

Anyway the game is not in a particularly bad shape overall (Though I did find a game breaker in the Dark Valley)...

Anyway, definetely count me in for the new one...

Am I the only one who thinks that this "prequel" is in fact simply a fox-case?

fox-case = fox chase = fox hunting

maybe he means something like paper chase / hare and hounds

I wonder how much they will be concetrating on fixes with this one considering
the host of new features they were advertising for it...

Hehe, wonder no more :biggrin: . Here's the fix list courtesy of Oblivion-Lost.de...

Changelog for patch 1.0004:
Optimization:
1. Calculation of detail objects has been moved into a second CPU thread.​
2. Optimization + 10-15% FPS​

3. Shader optimization.​

MP features:
1. Standalone dedicated server.​
2. Remote control for the dedicated server.​
3. Max ping disconnect option.​
4. Self-optimizing packer for net packets. Gains better ping and traffic reduced by 50-100%.​
5. Filters for server list do not get discarded.​
6. Viewing available maps without disconnecting from the game.​
7. Artifact counter does not show up in statistics.BR] 8. The list of players does not get reset to the beginning when trying to scroll it. Now it is easy to vote for banning or kicking a player.​
9. Corrected a few errors in determination of the cause of death.​
10. Exploded grenades are not left behind in the place of the explosion.​
11. Corrected activation of artifacts and the algorithm of action of the anomalous zone spawned from it.​
MP crash fix:
1. Fixed the currently known crashes.​
MP SDK:
1. The user can create the resource file with the mod for release with a single click of a button.​
2. Mods can be installed onto the retail version by simply copying the resource file.​
SP fixes:
1. Error with the first shot from the barrel-mounted grenade launcher. The grenade is not lost on the first shot.​
2. Fixed weapons disappearing from hands after prolonged movement in crouched position.​
3. Fixed crash when the player approaches someone from the Monolith's gulag.​
4. Fixed Voronin's missin for elimination of a bandit.​
5. Fixed random missions at the wild territories.​
6. Fixed the random mission of bandit elimination at Cordone.​
7. Fixed the barman's random mission of getting rid of snorks in the dark valley.​
8. Fixed the error of the random mission of defending a camp when moving to another location or saving/loading.​
9. Fixed the random mission of killing mutants when a pseudodog is among them.​
10. Fixed the random mission of killing mutants.​
11. Fixed random missions with raiding character gulags.​
12. Fixed the variety of goods at the bar and at Petrenko's after completing a random mission.​
13. The wounded run away from grenades.​
14. Zombies at Yantar run away from grenades.​
15. Fixed the patrol path at Yantar, which looked like random crashing.​
16. Fixed the patrol path at Agroprom, which looked like random crashing.​
17. Fixed the mission with destroying Dolg's squad in the village at army warehouse.​
18. Fixed the error at Radar, which led to completing the mission of turning of the radar without carrying out the objectives.​
19. Fixed the error with repeated scene of Dolg's ambush at the army warehouse level.​
20. Fixed the error with the camera flyover at Pripjat'.​
21. Fixed the error with Bess, because of which he could not be cured.​

Nice set of fixes/features (still dont see the game breaker from the Dark Valley...
I think I'll try to see if I can reproduce it).

Thanks Moriendor.

Also thats a nice site (nice of them to provide an english page too).

Back
Top Bottom