Risen 2 - Gamespot Video Interview

aries100

SasqWatch
In a past interview it was hinted that R2 would have the landmass of about 2/3's of Gothic 3's land mass. This interview suggests a landmass of about twice that of Risen 1. This seems quite a bit smaller than the first assertion.

I don't really care either way as this is a day 1 purchase for me. But curious if any of you consider Risen1 x 2 on par with G3 - 33%.

In a past interview it was hinted that R2 would have the landmass of about 2/3's of Gothic 3's land mass. This interview suggests a landmass of about twice that of Risen 1. This seems quite a bit smaller than the first assertion.

I don't really care either way as this is a day 1 purchase for me. But curious if any of you consider Risen1 x 2 on par with G3 - 33%.

Aside from the Vanish commercial in the GameBanshee web site for the interview! I do agree and have said it before here in the forums. I truly felt that Risen land mass is about 1/3 of Gothic 3 (Risen world is probably equivalent to one of the three big regions in Gothic 3).

Risen 2 with 2/3 of Gothic 3 worlds is impressive, and I am sure that PB will make good use of each inch of this world (compared to the empty areas in Gothic 3).

I have also noticed from the game footage that the structure of houses and camps is very reminiscent of Gothic 3 and Risen.

Last edited:
Looks and sounds good to me. Doubling the size of Risen sounds just about right.

I already know what my first character is going to be like: voodoo, the social skill and, of course, monkey training. :p

Sounds weak? Gimp, you might say? Perhaps, but don't worry. I'm a professional at this. I've made more intentionally weak characters than I could count. Maybe that's why I usually just play on normal difficulty or one notch up. I always take the realism option, if there is one. Games really have gotten a lot easier these days.

Last edited:
Doubling the size of Risen sounds well and good …as long as they maintain the content density, or at least the illusion of it. Spreading the game's content across multiple islands instead of centralizing it probably plays into that.

Back
Top Bottom