Pricewatch!

Just picked up Icewind Dale 2 so I can jump right into it after I finish the first one….and thanks to the D&D sale, it cost me a grand total of 3.09!!! Gogo GOG games ftw!!

-Carn

I think there's a way to get IWD1 on 3.0 or 3.5 with IWD2

No. But in a no story to follow game, in a game you're promised to write a story of your own - varieties matter. Everything else is just a form of grinding.

Legend of Grimrock's on sale on Steam. I never could get into it; the balance just felt off, and the spiders. Oy, the spiders!

Those damn spiders were awful. I think I stopped playing around that time.

Gamersgate has all the Amanita titles, like Samorost, Machinarium, etc. On sale for dirt cheap. They're fun little games

That's ok, they're safely hidden behind the spiders. :p
Actually I just got by the spiders. Nasty so & so's. Now I go downstairs, get locked in a room with two herders, and get blown away. If I dance around them a lot, I get blown away slower.

I think my ranged attacks at that point were still limited to rocks and a couple of throwing knives.

I really wanted to like that game, but it went too much for the just plain masochistic luck-based difficulty instead of, you know, fun. Of course, I never got into the Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes back style game.

Not an RPG, but Children of the Nile's just been added to GoG. If you've not played it, get it now. It's the best of the ancient city builders by a long shot. No weird abstract influence zones, no walker madness. Each person does their thing, gathering food, going to temples, etc.

Why are you still here? Go, buy buy buy!

Its like Grotesque, which the game is an obvious spin-off to. I personally liked Grotesque, it was light fantasy strategy with some rpg elements and parody thrown in. You may want to check reviews for grotesque its prolly identical.

I think my ranged attacks at that point were still limited to rocks and a couple of throwing knives.

I really wanted to like that game, but it went too much for the just plain masochistic luck-based difficulty instead of, you know, fun. Of course, I never got into the Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes back style game.

I think fire magic ranged attacks worked great. There is also a bow (EDIT: and sling) you can get by then, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Its like Grotesque, which the game is an obvious spin-off to. I personally liked Grotesque, it was light fantasy strategy with some rpg elements and parody thrown in. You may want to check reviews for grotesque its prolly identical.

I found the first Grotesque game to be too shallow to really be worth playing, and the humor was not all that great (at least it did not work at all for me).
This one is a bit more of a CRPG though, is it not? I've not played it, only basing it on what I've gathered from reading scattered comments on it.

German mag "Gamestar" 5/2013 comes with "Sternenschweif", the second of the "Realms Of Arcania" games (German : The NLT Trilogy).
It's on 1 DVD, don't know how they handle the audio tracks, haven't installed it yet.

Back
Top Bottom