Divinity 2 A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?

Glorian

Borislav Slavov
Hello guys,
do you have any idea where can I buy a hard DVD copy of Divinity 2: Dragon Knights Saga? I looked on the official pages but there was only download version. I know most of you dont care, but I love my game collection on the shelve ;-)

Last edited:
www.gogamer.com is where I just ordered mine during the sale :)

Still on SALE for 8 more hrs!!! (as of this post time)

This is pretty lame (regarding my DKS preorder which was originally due for release on 11/26/2010) ...
[FONT=&quot]Dear Customer,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your order.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, this product is no longer being stocked and we will therefore be unable to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled. No money has been taken from your account for this item.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GAME.co.uk
[/FONT]

... and...
Dear Customer

This e-mail is just to let you know that your order, number xxxxxxxx for Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, has been cancelled.

This is either because of a request you made to Customer Services or that the product has been cancelled by the publisher.

If you have an account with us, you can monitor your outstanding preorders at any time via the 'My Details' page at https://www.game.co.uk/Account/MyDetails/

Rest assured that no money has been debited from your account. Please note that if you used Reward Points to purchase this item those points will be returned to your Reward Card.

If we can assist you with any thing else please contact us via http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx or on the telephone on 0871 200 1221 (*Calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher).

Thank you for your custom,

GAME Customer Services

Seems like the English PC retail release has indeed entirely been cancelled by the publisher since neither GAME nor Play.com nor Amazon.co.uk are selling the game.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I've emailed Mastertronic, who are distributing the UK X360 version, to ask whether there will be a PC version. Will post any reply I get here.

Probably Larian decided it this way… so they can generate as many as possible downloads on their own online shop :)
And I fully support them, but why they do not offer a hard copy along with the download ? Probably too much effort for them..

Sooner or later the game will be published, so the old geeks like us will have to wait some more time.

Cool. Thanks for checking, coaster. That is fairly disappointing news. Oh well, no DKS then. Not paying ~€40 for a digital version with limited activations from Larian... for digital I'd pay €15 - €19 max... and not buying the German version because it isn't multilingual. No big deal tho'. I got more than enough unplayed/unfinished games anyway :) .

No German version? The German Divinity 2 loca was excellent. FoV is a bit weaker but still pretty good.

No German version? The German Divinity 2 loca was excellent. FoV is a bit weaker but still pretty good.

No, I don't want to play the German version because of the humorous stuff in the game. I mean can you imagine watching a localized Monty Python movie? Not really, right? :)
Anything humorous usually translates terribly to another language or is completely lost in translation. If I ever get around to acquiring an English version of the game then I want to experience the original script of DKS as it was written by the developers.

You mean you want to play the English version as written by the Belgian developers? ;)

Well, for FOV at least … I can't say. NDA. ;)

But a tiny hint : A few word games in FOV got lost. As far as I know.
On the other hand I must say that I haven't played FOV yet, because I wanted to wait for DKS.

I have only been testing at Larian's. ;)

Probably Larian decided it this way… so they can generate as many as possible downloads on their own online shop :) /QUOTE]
The English PC version of DKS is apparently available as a boxed version in the BeNeLux. So it physically exists, which makes the decision to not distribute it in the UK strange.

On the Larian forums, it seems to be the good ol' "The UK game market is destroying the world" argument, which was also tagged onto dtp's Grey Matter, I believe.

My gogamer order is still in "Processing" mode...

/crosses fingers

Back
Top Bottom