Divinity Divine divinity

Divine Divinity and Other games
Everytime I started the game Ive played a mage. Im going with mage this time also, but have skills in a few different areas.

I finally got through the catacombs and am currently investigating George's murder. I also need to duplicate the healing stone. Ive done that before, and am trying to remember how I did it. I remember how I did it, I just have to find the right item to get it done with. Then its out to the wild I go, to meet that little prince guy and his cat.

Has everybody here finished the game? I put about 80 hours into it (up to Zix Zax the Almost Wise--Part V-?)-and there was still a staggering amount of gamage left.
Twice fully and some bits of partial completion ... and with the second one I decided I liked the female voice acting ... so now I am replaying with my female mage.

I took ~120 hours of so when I tracked it.

The last part was rushed - rumors speak of CDV simply cutting the money.

I tinkered with this one after a good friend sent it my way, but haven't given it a fair shake yet. I'm starting to hit the power curve in Space Rangers 2, so I might have it wrapped up and off the dreaded "still to be played" list. Y'all are pretty convincing about moving DivDiv up to the front of the line. Although I'm giving some real thought to Dwarf Fortress and I did promise to buy Witcher... Not to mention NWN2 Gold is supposed to ship late in April. My brain hurts.

Larian has acknowledged the last act was stuffed up. They originally planned to finish with becoming Divine but then decided that was a bit abrupt and it needed a finisher. Then they ran out of time and money. :)

I don't know that I'd call a game with 120 hours of play 'rushed' exactly, but I know what you mean. DivDiv was obviously somewhat of a labor of love as opposed to just cranking something out. But you can only go as far as the money lets you.

@dte; You can work this in before May when the EE comes out for Witcher..if you start on Dwarf Fortress we may never hear from you again....;)

@chamr: hmmmm, battlemage....why didn't I play a mage? o yeah, I remember--picked the survivor avatar because the voice acting was less dorky. I was going to work her into a caster but the theif skills were really cool--just might have to dust this one off and try again. :)

I don't know that I'd call a game with 120 hours of play 'rushed' exactly, but I know what you mean.

Well, once you hit the rather obvious 'end game' section, you can see a rather obvious shift in the quest / npc structure of the game. So it isn't that the game is rushed, it is just that the hardest part - all of that awesome plot and side-fun - was left behind.

There is something about the game that I just hate, and I absolutely loved Diablo I.

I agree as well. There was somethin about D2 I really didn't like (but I didn't absolutely love D1.... ;) there's BG2 for me!)

ok, assuming that I will get one soon and also assuming that I have time to play any game this yr (why the hell did I choose to do honours? I must have been out of mind), which class is most fun to play for the person who's playing Div Div for the first time?

The most fun character depends on your personal preferences. The easiest, is probably a base warrior with a few magic skills, especially in COLD. Freezing your opponents and then hacking them to death makes combat fairly easy for the 'click' challenged, such as myself!! :)

Yeah, Freeze could almost be considered an exploit, it makes that much difference--except for those evil entities which have "Can't be Frozen" in their description. :)

The cool thing I've mentioned elsewhere about DivDiv is that you can pretty well fine tune your character as you go. All the skill sets are fairly unrestricted except by level and prereq's, (but not by class) so go with the one that piques your interest. :)
I'm having fun with the mage I just started playing for the last three hours....

Yeah, Freeze could almost be considered an exploit, it makes that much difference--except for those evil entities which have "Can't be Frozen" in their description. :)

Absolutely - there is one battle where as a mage you would be doomed if it wasn't for freeze (bandit leader just south of the Blue Boar Inn).

As for the class, it really is a matter of what you like - because you almost need to augment cross-class skills to make a go of it, but the game plays differently enough depending on your choice.

The game have several overpowered skills - one (can't remember the name) lowers the resistances of any creature, ant it can't be resisted itself. It allows you to cast powerful polymorph spell on any creature, even the final bosses - so it's almost like "god mode". The other over overpowered devices are scorpion traps. Anyway, you can finish the game without restoring to any of these.

What I really enjoyed in the game, that you could skip really tough critters at the beginning just to gain some experience and return later to finish them easily. The DivDiv has also original experience system - xp rewards were not static, but depended on your level - with the lover level one gained more xp for critters and less for quests - an interesting design...

Larian is hiring programmers, sadly no new informations about the title in work. So we have to wait and hope - a Divine Divinity 2 is still possible. A sign on one of four screenshots opens room for speculations...

Link: http://www.larian.com/jobs.php

"still possible"? Did I miss something? Was their deal with dtp cancelled?

It was *assumed* they had a deal with dtp ... No *official* info was ever released. dtp only said "a well-known Belgian developer", nothing else.

All *assume* that Larian was meant, but I can only emphasize that it this name was *never* *explicitely* mentioned.

Except if the name - and the deal were revealed in that video (which I still haven't seen yet because it didn't run somehow on my PC, just stuck).

I don't know that I'd call a game with 120 hours of play 'rushed' exactly, but I know what you mean.

Only the last part was rushed, not the rest.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Edit: Strange: Only Opera has this difficulty ... :confused:

It was *assumed* they had a deal with dtp ... No *official* info was ever released. dtp only said "a well-known Belgian developer", nothing else.

All *assume* that Larian was meant, but I can only emphasize that it this name was *never* *explicitely* mentioned.
Really? I thought I had seen it mentioned somewhere. That´s why I was a bit puzzled about zyklop´s post.

I do not think it is that good, full of bugs, and the end part is quite horrible. It does have some really great moments though, after the first dungeon.

Personally, I like the music best in the game. So diverse and refreshingly unusual compared to mainstream symphonic soundtracks. :)

Back
Top Bottom