Dragon Age 2 - News Roundup #6

whats better?

gayming bought and paid journalists or raging tards who are dumb enough to buy a bad game?

tough choice, watcher

Ok, I will not debate with you anymore. You don't seem to have anything to say.

And the 2nd warning of the year goes to SAGO. Congratulations.

I think they have been playing since the day it was released ,many that gave a negative review , gave it a big fat 0 . I doubt its that bad but people are just expressing their disappointment in Bioware and hoping they wont simplify their next game.

I think they have been playing since the day it was released ,many that gave a negative review , gave it a big fat 0 . I doubt its that bad but people are just expressing their disappointment in Bioware and hoping they wont simplify their next game.

Maybe, but like I said even the worst reviews by "critics" came no where near some of those gems. But whatever, your right it could be people frustrated. I will note however that those from here have played the full game have not stated that at all. Me? I think 8.5 to 9 so far, but I haven't played for enough yet.

And thats the bottom line Rune_74 is how you feel about your experience with the game. I would give DA:O + Awakenings+ addons= 9 . I will check out DA2 once they release the package . Im glad the people enjoyed it ! But we all that behind the hype and high scores DA2 probably could have been a classic.

And thats the bottom line Rune_74 is how you feel about your experience with the game. I would give DA:O + Awakenings+ addons= 9 . I will check out DA2 once they release the package . Im glad the people enjoyed it ! But we all that behind the hype and high scores DA2 probably could have been a classic.

You are right, which is pretty much how almost all the reviews have felt minus the extremes on each spectrum.

What, if I don't want to be a badass ?
Sorry Alrik, but you might as well sell all your chairs now, because your ass is going to be way too bad to sit in any of them. ;) Building up a mighty, death-dealing character is pretty much central to the genre. It doesn't HAVE to be, but it is.

(Personally, I would love to see a game where I got to be one of the travelling merchants in an RPG. I could sell things to adventurers then buy them back 5 minutes later for one tenth the price! Maybe I could even influence events by buying up lots of magic in one kingdom then selling them to a kingdom I liked better.)

P.S. Or maybe she needs to up the difficulty?

How the hell did they come up with score that high? 94%??? We must be talking about different game.

I really feel like they felt they had to rate it higher than Origins, which got a 92%. Why they felt that way I don't know, but I bet it was an editorial decision based on something other than actual quality. Let your mind wander...

I am a defender of this game for the most part but a 94% is just stupid and really disappoints me. PC Gamer has been a shitty magazine for a few years now so it's nothing new, but this review is just smack you in the face dumb. The game is good, I really believe that, but it is also lacking. It's 7 out of 10 good, it's alright for fans of the genre, it's not epic. It's actually anti-epic, and perhaps more importantly it wears its flaws on its sleeve. I haven't seen a big AAA game from a trusted studio this flawed in a long time. I'm not even talking subjective stuff necessarily, but real facts like repeated areas, lower quality voice acting and a huge downswing in focus and grandiose. Rewarding that with a 94% and a ton of praise is ridiculous.

I still say though if you are a genre fan it's a good game. It has good tactical combat on hard mode and very good visual design.

Thanks for the honest experience. Do you feel that it was a rush to get the product out .

Thanks for the honest experience. Do you feel that it was a rush to get the product out .

Yeah, definitely. Like... obviously. It's a shame too since there is a lot of potential here, a lot of the decisions they made were good ones in my opinion like the new art design, the speed and animation of combat and the 10 year span.

Yeah, definitely. Like… obviously. It's a shame too since there is a lot of potential here, a lot of the decisions they made were good ones in my opinion like the new art design, the speed and animation of combat and the 10 year span.

Yeah, as critical as I've been of DA2 (and I stand by my previous criticisms) the ten year span idea is a pretty cool concept. The problem is that Bioware has never been too ambitious with the whole choice and consequence thing, and to be fair to them, they weren't given much of a chance to flesh it out far enough to take advantage of this concept, thanks to the less than 2 year development cycle.

I have tried to keep an open mind about DA2 and Bioware and EA but this:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6459941/1

is making me sick in my stomach. Banning someone from playing games they payed for based on a critical forum comment? Not buying. I never post there, but I'm not buying another EA game until that policy is changed. (seen at ITS forums).

Wow. If that is true, and that's all that the guy said, I think the response/punishment was overkill. That comment - while certainly not the most mature thing to say - was pretty harmless (or at least wasn't worth getting blocked from playing the game). Of course, that is just one side of the story, so I wonder if he's not as innocent as he claims.

It's still heinous but it deserves mentioning that he could still play the game on a different/new EA account.

Still... that's insane. I hope they come out and admit how wrong that is.

SAGO, if you continue to troll, I will begin deleting your posts!! YOU have been WARNED!!!!!

I've played the game for about three hours now and I really can't say if it's good or bad yet (I like it so far). But from my experience the BitTech Review describes how I feel about the game at the moment.

It's the best review I've read to date.

It's still heinous but it deserves mentioning that he could still play the game on a different/new EA account.

Still… that's insane. I hope they come out and admit how wrong that is.

Wow. This kind of smacks as a first amendment violation. Not to mention. just bat shit insane.

Back
Top Bottom