The Bard's Tale - Buy on iTunes - get the original for free for the iOS

aries100

SasqWatch
From Brian Fargo, CEO of inXile Entertainment, comes word, via IGN, that if you buy the 2004 version of The Bard's Tale on iTunes, you'll get the original Bard's tale trilogi for free.
Did you buy The Bard's Tale for iOS? Well, whether you buy it now or bought it before, you're going to get the classic Bard's Tale games for free. Series creator and inXile CEO Brian Fargo hopes for the first update to launch next week. The update will include the 1987 The Bard's Tale. In subsequent updates, which Fargo estimates should roll out in four-week increments, players will get access to The Bard's Tale II and The Bard's Tale III.
Screenshots can be viewed at Gamebanshee.
And here's the trailer from Youtube.
The trailer seems to be from the remake from 2004 insofar as Ican tell.

More information.

Yeah, me too. I'm allergic to apples.

I'd be happy if they skip the 2004 Bard's Tale and just put the old ones out on Android.

I'd be happy if they skip the 2004 Bard's Tale and just put the old ones out on Android.

Me too Myrkrel,

I have itunes for my itouch music player though. I wonder of the originals are just ported or are they re written for the ios engine?

I wish they would release these for Android. :-\

Maybe they like money ... Android people don't buy stuff (how else can you explain >50% market share of devices, ~500,000 apps, paid apps that cost ~$0.50 more, and <10% of mobile app revenue?)

Well, as part of my main writing gig I have talked with a number of Android devs, and for them it is a choice - it is harder to develop for Android, the OS and device fragmentation costs them loads of hours and tons of extra money, and again they basically have no chance to recoup unless they are making an ad-based app ... which doesn't work for most games.

Personally, I would love it on both platforms (I am an Android phone and iPad tablet user) ... but since gaming on the iPad is 1000x better than even on a 4+" screen ...

Maybe they like money … Android people don't buy stuff (how else can you explain >50% market share of devices, ~500,000 apps, paid apps that cost ~$0.50 more, and <10% of mobile app revenue?)

I've bought apps for both my phone and my Kindle Fire.

I'm not saying that they should release them for Android as opposed to iOS, but in addition to.

I've bought apps for both my phone and my Kindle Fire.

I'm not saying that they should release them for Android as opposed to iOS, but in addition to.

I don't disagree, I have hundreds of android apps between amazon and the android market.

What I am saying is that developing for Android compared to iOS is like developing for PC compared to console ... 1/10th the customers, loads of freeloaders, and myriad configuration and special hardware / OS considerations ... The dev has to make a business case for it.

I don't disagree, I have hundreds of android apps between amazon and the android market.

What I am saying is that developing for Android compared to iOS is like developing for PC compared to console … 1/10th the customers, loads of freeloaders, and myriad configuration and special hardware / OS considerations … The dev has to make a business case for it.

Yeah, I know. I've programmed for Android a bit (I'm a business programmer), and I'm sure it would be more of an effort that it's worth for them. They would either need to rewrite the games in Java or use a C++ wrapper. It's a lot of work, and it probably won't happen, but I wish it would! I would love to have some Bard's Tale to play on the go.

Back
Top Bottom