The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The web site says :

Get 75% off Menace of the Underdark!
November 23-26

So I'll buy it tomorrow.
Hope it works. ;)

This sale doesn't seem to be for the in-game DDO store/shop, no ?

Nope. Menace is not available via the in-game store.

I can't buy MOTU. I just can't. The system just doesn't allow me to.

Although its help page says that they accept bank transfers as well, the system actually doesn't. It forces me to ue a credit card instead.

I tried PayPal. With my new account there.

Nope. It STILL forces me to use a credit card on PayPal ! It does NOT accept Lastschriftverfahren or Überweiuingen (both are kinds of bank transfers) ! And that, although I had PayPal exclusively set up for this !

I had thought that PayPal would make things easier. It doesn't.

I just want to cry out in frustration.

In the DDO forums someone told me that he managed to do it, and that I might to enter the exact data from Paypal into the DDO Market via copy/paste.

Hm, I think I'll try that.

Didn't work out.

I do get the possibility of bank transfers, but as soon as I enter it on PayPal (as a PayPal "guest", it "detects" that i have an PayPal account, forces me to log in - and THEN forces me to use a credit card again !

Such an BS ...

I think the problem is that Alrik does not use a credit card. I don't blame him for that either, I only keep mine because I get credit protection and credit inform from it. I originally got it to build my credit, coming out of HS. I pay mine off monthly though.

Contact PayPal support, tell them whats going on. See what they tell you. I don't use PayPal so I don't know how it works.

Yes, my real problem, is

a) not having a card
b) neither Digital River / DDO Market nor PayPal accepting my "Lastschrift" payment method, and that even though both sides claim to support it.

I'm planning the TR of my paladin when we have our level 13 toons higher up. Please comment on the build. I'm not sure about taking Cleave and Improved Sunder, but saw it was a requirement in Legendary Dreadnought. Please suggest something else if you feel it's smarter.

The reason for getting 2 paladin levels is much higher saves. Saves is the major weakness of a fighter. The fighter will use greatswords or mauls when in DPS mode and dwarven axes or bastard swords with a tower shield when in tank mode.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Karl Peter Aspenstein - Dwarf[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
(18 Fighter \ 2 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 442
Spell Points: 0 
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 24
Reflex: 13
Will: 10

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    27
Dexterity            13                    16
Constitution         18                    23
Intelligence         11                    14
Wisdom                8                    11
Charisma             13                    17[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               1                    16
Bluff                 1                     3
Concentration         4                     6
Diplomacy             1                     3
Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
Haggle                1                     3
Heal                 -1                     2
Hide                  1                     3
Intimidate            5                    36
Jump                  3                    16
Listen               -1                     0
Move Silently         1                     3
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform               n/a                   n/a
Repair                0                     2
Search                0                     4
Spot                 -1                     0
Swim                  3                     8
Tumble                n/a                   n/a
Use Magic Device      3                    14
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Armor Class Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Haste Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Intimidate I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Dwarven Armor Mastery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Dwarven Spell Defense I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Dwarven Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Dwarven Spell Defense II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Tower Shield Mastery I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Shield Mastery[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Intimidate II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Armor Class Boost II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Armor Mastery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Stalwart Defender I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strength II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Dwarven Constitution II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Greatsword Specialization I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Past Life: Soldier of the Faith[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Item Defense I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Toughness IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Stalwart Defender II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Combat Expertise[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Strength III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Shield Mastery[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Armor Class Boost III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Intimidate III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Bastard Sword Specialization I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Greatsword Specialization II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Intimidate IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Armor Mastery II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Sunder[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Stalwart Defender III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Fighter Item Defense II[/COLOR]

I'm a big fan of cleave, but I've found it to be far more useful at lower levels. If you're going to take it, I'd take it early. Since you like to go in and collect aggro, cleave is an excellent way to accomplish it. Jump into the middle of the mob, drop a cleave, and suddenly all the critters are focused on you. Worked fairly well for Phuury (barb life), Shadohe (fighter life), and Klubbir. You have to keep a stack of cookies handy for the party healer because you'll take a hell of a beating regularly, but it's a solid strategy if everyone lets everyone do their job.

Not sure why you'd spend feats and enhancements on bastard swords when you get some it for free with dwarven axes. Damage is fairly similar, IIRC. I never had a problem getting good axes on RhoGu, between loot and the auction house, so availability isn't a concern. If you "just wanna, just cuz", that's certainly fine and something I'm familiar with ;) , but building for 2 exotics certainly isn't optimized.

The only reason is that there are several unique bastard swords at high level, but not so much other. I could skip it unless I get a really nice bastard sword. A good thing about the bastard sword is that you get glancing blows and you can still use a shield.

I will look at when to add cleave. Could get it earlier and past life paladin later. Past life paladin is for divine favor and +3 to hit and damage.

I guess I need to buy 1000 healing pots on a fighter. :)

I believe we're back to all-hands-on-deck for this Friday? I believe the plan was to break up our desert slog with some House quests. I'll get us a plan if everyone's figuring to play.

I'll be there, so just point me in the right direction and push!! :)

Just ran "Eyes of Stone" for the 12th time...still no Maenya's Fist!!!!
http://ddowiki.com/page/Maenya's_Fists

I feel like I wasted the day...at least I have it down to about 5 minute run. Also the Greater Tome of Learning...use it now and it will stay with my current character through reincarnation? Not sure of the extent of that tome...one time use, life time use...etc.

All tomes now stay through Reincarnations. So eat any XP or stat tomes you like. I've personally TRed a character since that change, and can confirm they do stay.

I ran Eye's of Stone about 40 times to get my second Maenya's Fist. My first one got eaten by the bank.

Full guild runs are better, especially on elite, because those quests have better drop rates on elite, and we'll will pass what we know you need so long as we don't need it ourselves. Since I'm not farming for that set anymore, except maybe for my Druid (and that's debatable, since she's a test character and not a full one), I can pass anything we get if we run it together.

Not every quest has better drop rates on elite. Most of the older stuff does not matter. I'm not sure when they changed over, I think about the time of Sentinels pack, which was U7 I think.

Wow. Was trying to run my arty thru a House J quest and the lag was just crippling. Complete freeze, other than a trio of Tharaak hounds that seemed to have no problem chewing my ass between rubberbanding.

I really hope this Mabar crap is over soon. We might need to give some thought to whether we want to risk our TRv2.0 toons if Mabar is still running Friday.

I think we need a large protest/petition for everyone to boycott DDO if they run Mabar ever again!!

They really need to have special "festival event servers", and these exclusively for that.

Just ran "Eyes of Stone" for the 12th time…still no Maenya's Fist!!!!
http://ddowiki.com/page/Maenya's_Fists

Funny : The description says : "Material : Leather", meanwhile the picture shows metal ... Perhaps the leather is under the metal ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom