Assassin's Creed Origins - Cinematic Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Assassin's Creed Origins has a new cinematic trailer and Ubisoft has also announced a new game mode called Discovery Tour by Assassin's Creed: Ancient Egypt.

Ubisoft has released a new cinematic CGI trailer for Assassin’s Creed: Origins. Ubisoft has also announced that a new game mode is coming to the game, called Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt, in which players can explore the diverse landscapes of Ancient Egypt and learn about its rich history from audio guided tours.

[...]
More information.

Grumpy Gamer here ;) : I just can't see that franchise title anymore ... Assassins seem to be very much "en vogue" these days ... Following the steps of the various hitmans ...

You saying chore/bore grindfest series now turned into RPG hybrid with the next entry is a bad thing?

It's widely believed that AC Origins will have microtransactions, in game purchases, and even loot boxes, to a larger extent than prior Ubi games. See, for example, TweakTown, "Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized"

According to Ubi exec Alain Corre: "we clearly feel that we have better potential to increase the engagement of the game, and we believe that therefore the player recurring investment will continue to grow."

"Player recurring investment" is btw apparently Ubi-speak for "in-game purchases and microtransactions."

Bottom line. No plans to buy or play.

__

I'm with joxer. The RPG elements together with the open world could turn this into something interesting.

It's widely believed that AC Origins will have microtransactions
There is absolutely no word on that from either Ubi nor those who played beta builds.
I'm not saying it will or it won't but if Ubi knows what's good for them they won't add that in this game which does not have any MMO whatnot.

More on the matter from Ubi fans:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ctions-okay-(or-not-okay)-in-AC-Origins/page4

Spot the link there on "another game ruined by microtransactions" that leads to NBA2018 article.

Hope AC Origins doesn't have microtransactions. That would change the whole landscape. Still the rumors have been around for quite some time. And Ubi messages to shareholders do seem to imply more in game purchases and microtransactions.

Moreover Ubi has made no attempt to assure fans and customers that Ubi is not planning to have microtransactions, loot boxes and in-game purchases in Origins. Definitely no reason to tell beta testers. And reasonable to expect Ubi would keep secret until last minute.

Maybe they haven't decided yet. But not a good sign Ubi hasn't denied rumors…

Wait and see. Buyer beware.

__

Micro-transactions are like country-western music for me: if I sense it then I just avoid where it is, but that won't stop me from enjoying whatever else I am doing. I don't care whether or not a game has micro-transactions as long as I am not obligated to purchase them and as long as the game is good otherwise.

I have enjoyed the AC series a whole lot. Some of the games have been meh over the years, but from what I understand the most recent AC game from the developers of Origins is the top notch AC4 and they were not at all involved in the more recent games. Just based upon what I have seen, I am greatly looking forward to this game.

You saying chore/bore grindfest series now turned into RPG hybrid with the next entry is a bad thing?

I say that there are far too many assassins around. I can only guess that farming simulators just wouldn't sell well because of no "action" .. Oh, wait …

I'm with joxer. The RPG elements together with the open world could turn this into something interesting.

I rather see this as "The killing game together with the open world could turn this into something interesting."

I'm just a grumpy gamer here, I said it .. ;)

Hope AC Origins doesn't have microtransactions. That would change the whole landscape. Still the rumors have been around for quite some time. And Ubi messages to shareholders do seem to imply more in game purchases and microtransactions.
There is another problem that's official and definite.

The game comes in so many different editions it's impossible to even number them all (not quite, but let's say it is). And each edition has something other editions don't, not to mention bunus item or more exclusives for an area you're living in.

But let's put these "small" differences aside, instead I'll list IMO major marketing utter fails:

1. Preorder bonus mission apparently won't be available to anyone ever again by any means once the game gets released: "Pre-order to get an additional mission: Secrets of the first Pyramids. Discover the secrets behind the construction of the first Pyramids and what mysteries lie within."
No, it won't be sold as DLC postrelease. What kind of bullshit is this?

2. Deluxe game edition unlike standard edition has among different boni another bonus mission: "An exclusive mission Ambush at Sea: Take command in the fight for naval supremacy on the rough seas."
This mission you can get either by buying deluxe edition or gold edition. So far it's not known if there will be so called deluxe upgrade for standard impaired game version.

3. The game will have season pass scam of course: "The Season Pass: The Assassin’s Creed® Origins Season Pass will give you access to all upcoming major expansions and equipment sets."
But get this, season pass does not include deluxe bonus mission nor preorder bonus mission! In other words, if you buy the game vulgaris edition and season pass, again you don't have the complete content.

If you want the whole package (apart from specific geolocked exclusive things) you need to buy preorder gold edition.
How much would that be? 90€.
http://store.ubi.com/on/demandware....tform=pcdl&edition=Gold Edition&source=detail
O_O

For god's sakes. Okay, you can get 20% off that sum with 100 Club Units (former Ubi Points you get by playing games on uPlay) which makes it 70€ (or grab it on whatever shady site also cca 70€), but this is ridiculous.

I rather see this as "The killing game together with the open world could turn this into something interesting."

I'm just a grumpy gamer here, I said it .. ;)
The game is called assassin something, of course there will be killing inside it.
What matters (to me at least) the most - it ain't yet another MMO rubbish. :D

OMG, who are these *idiots? These preorders should be considered a type of lottery, since you don't get anything physical or resalable. (In their favor, the headphones and bust can be resold.)

(I also wonder how many are Trump voters.)

Back
Top Bottom