Gaming BS of the week

And how was valve suppose to know that an indie game had a hidden crypot miner embeded? I mean it's not like they decompile and reverse eng every game that is submitted....

Not Eurogamer's but Valve's fail:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PCgamesN has fallen into the cesspool of numerous amateur gaming sites suggesting supercomputers for gaming.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel-i9-9900k-coffee-lake-benchmark-3d-mark

Of course, they "forgot" to mention prices - R7 2700X is $320 and i9 9900K should be $450:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/antony...5ghz-with-4-7ghz-all-core-boost/#5a5b01af7222
Even if one just needs to buy one of those two for bragging rights, it's cca 20% more power for cca $130 difference. In… What games? What kind of BS is that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of CPUs, Capcom is throwing sand into our eyes about why Monster Hunter will hammer CPU on PC:
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/capcom-explains-the-reasons-why-monster-hunter-world-is-cpu-heavy/

Dafuq?!
When I grow up I want to work on code optimization at Capcom. Or Ubisoft.
For no work I'll get paid.

Just a video about the Bulgarian Hacker & Denuvo that was arrested.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-and-othe...ing-up-for-netflix-like-gaming-subscriptions/
EA and other major publishers are gearing up for Netflix-like game streaming subscriptions

Several companies reckon cloud-based gaming is only a matter of time.
PC gamers are generally pretty open to buying games digitally (just look at Steam), but the fabled Netflix of games still presents several obstacles. As Johnson said, latency is a big one. Ownership is a serious issue, too—that is, people who want to pay for a game once and play it forever, rather than pay a subscription. (Granted, when you buy games from Steam or Origin, it's hard to say you exactly 'own' them, and look how quickly we got used to that.)
The game streaming subscription idea has come and gone in waves before, but better infrastructure and technology could make it stick one day. Whether we like it or not, the biggest games publishers are certainly going to try to make it the future.
Won't say anything myself but will quote one of comments there instead:
Vyns Andrews • 4 hours ago
I just can't afford £15/month for Origin, £15/month for Uplay, £15/month for Activision, £15/month for Konami, £15/month for Microsoft, etc, etc, etc. We'll end up having to pay over £100/month as they will all want there own subscriptions.

The day Valve starts doing it I'll shut it down and completely move to GOG or any other platform that doesn't pretend to be a government with taxes you must pay or else.

It is not far fetched to expect Steam at some stage start to charge us fees for 'keeping', 'maintaining', and 'delivering' our/their games using their facilities.
Welcome to the future you spend over $100 dollars just to have the privilege to play games, and that don't count how much each game will cost. Just the different services.

I wouldn't worry. Steam is a distributor not a publisher. They already take their 30% cut. IF they wanted to set up a rental/subscription kinda thing they'd have to make deals with thousands of developers. It won't happen.

The day Valve starts doing it I'll shut it down and completely move to GOG or any other platform that doesn't pretend to be a government with taxes you must pay or else.

I have already switched from Steam to GoG/Humble (drm free) few years ago and only use steam to buy some Lego games for my children. Not that I have anything against Steam, but I don't like to have to start a client to play games.

I should probably say that we need to get back to topic to avoid creating another Steam/DRM heated (or hated) discussion!

And how was valve suppose to know that an indie game had a hidden crypot miner embeded? I mean it's not like they decompile and reverse eng every game that is submitted….

It's just their responsibility. At a point you´just have the responsibility.
It's like superiors having the responsibility to ensure that all industry production in their firm is going alright - even without knowing what's going on in each detail.

It's like firing someone not because he did something wrong - apart from not knowing it - but because of having the responsibility.

I agree it is their responsibility to take action once they detect the trojan horse but I won't hold them accountable for not knowing about it in advance...

It's just their responsibility. At a point you´just have the responsibility.
It's like superiors having the responsibility to ensure that all industry production in their firm is going alright - even without knowing what's going on in each detail.

It's like firing someone not because he did something wrong - apart from not knowing it - but because of having the responsibility.

"Live service" and "game" is a contradiction.

I wrote that so many years ago already ... But those who want money want to reshape reality.

Games as a live service sounds like a MMO with a monthly fee, but it will be single player, I guess. So, not only do I get to pay a monthly fee to access the game, say - $15 a month or so, but I get to pay for any DLC content on top of that. On a monthly basis or bi monthly basis. Yes, I can see companies being that greedy in this model, easily.

In any case, no thank you...I think I'll pass.

Games as a live service sounds like a MMO with a monthly fee, but it will be single player, I guess. So, not only do I get to pay a monthly fee to access the game, say - $15 a month or so, but I get to pay for any DLC content on top of that. On a monthly basis or bi monthly basis. Yes, I can see companies being that greedy in this model, easily.

In any case, no thank you…I think I'll pass.
At this point it's speculation based on current trends but yeah #NotMyDragonAge.^^

Joxer you'll love this video.

Yves Guillemot, CEO and Co-Founder of Ubisoft, shared his vision for the future of games with industry leaders in digital entertainment last week at the China Digital Entertainment Congress in Shanghai, concentrating on major technological disruptions shaping our industry and our world. He also took the opportunity to meet local teams and players at the Ubisoft booth at ChinaJoy!

Nothing to see there. Of course that imbecille did not dare to repeat to those teams and players that according to his data sucked outta pinkie, 99% of them are pirates.

Back
Top Bottom