CD Projekt RED - The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Straight from CD Projekt:
The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets Announced
CD Projekt RED to Revolutionize Handheld Gaming with Revolutionary Game for Handhelds
Warsaw, Poland – April 1, 2009. Today CD Projekt RED, the world’s leading developer of games with “The Witcher” in their title, announced its first internally-developed foray into handheld gaming, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets. The game is in development for all current-gen, next-gen and gen-after-next-gen handheld systems and is scheduled for release between Tuesday and Friday 2010.

A jaw-dropping revolution in handheld gaming, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets features a massive list of revolutionary features that will completely revolutionize, then de-evolutionize, then evolutionize and then once more revolutionize the industry. Among the revolutionary features are two cooperative multiplayer modes never before seen on handheld systems: play together with your friend on one system as you harness Geralt’s awesome Powers of Movement on the D-pad while your friend uses the awesome Powers of Doing on the A and B buttons; or connect with a limitless number of players as you play for a bit, then pass the handheld to your friend and watch them play for a while, and then finally take it back to play some more yourself!

The awe-inspiring graphics created using half of the game engine’s available 32 colours help to immerse players in the awe-inspiring story of Geralt of Rivia as he fights to save the world from an unknown evil. Set in a completely open world that allows for movement in both left and right directions for an infinite amount of time, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets also includes some features usually found in today’s best console games, like the Decisions and Inconsequence system that ensures that no decision you make will have an impact on the outcome of the game. That’s right – no more worrying about making bad decisions. We’ll also have DLC at astronomical prices, including the upcoming “The Witcher: Go Up and Down” pack. Yeah, DLC on a handheld. You wanna fight about it?

“The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets is really awesome,” said Adam Kicinski, the guy who runs CD Projekt RED. “Like… really awesome. It has better graphics, better combat, a better story and more boobs than the PC version. Awesome, right?”

Box art, the full features list, a developer interview and the game’s intro video are now available at http://secrets.thewitcher.com.
;)
More information.

That was funny and the best feature is the FREAK system. The game stops working if you die so don't die.

Ah, April 1, always a fun time!! :)

Microids announced Syberia III. with full 3D and cross-platform features...

I almost cried :furious:

I've said it before - I'll say it again. I love those Projekt-peoples.

Edit: Be sure to go to the site and watch the 5-1/2 minute video. It's very good. I can't believe they put this much effort into this. CD Projekt RED rocks. :)

Last edited:
That was great!

"We've implemented a full 17 minutes of gameplay. .... Wherever you wanna go, left or right, it's totally up to you!"

I loved the name: "mysterious secrets". :D

Well, I thought; secrets are supoposed to be mysterious, aren't they ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom