Dragon Age: Inquisition - Review Round # 2

aries100

SasqWatch
I've found some more reviews for this game:

First up is Hardcore Gamer's review 5/5

A quote from the conclusion:

Even with the staggering amount of dialogue and lore, newcomers to the franchise will have no trouble hopping right in, while old school fans will undoubtedly grin at the various call backs to past events. There’s even an enjoyable small multiplayer mode to participate in that’s entirely separated from the main campaign. Like a good hundred hour long novel that never lets up, Dragon Age: Inquisition is so engrossing you won’t be able to put it down.
Next up is Game Informer's review 9.5/10

A quote about the main story:

The only major disappointment is the central story arc. In concept, it sounds cool: The Inquisition is formed to close a demon-filled breach in the sky, unite the paralyzed power groups of Thedas, and stop an Elder One from taking over the world. However, when you actually reach those beats in the story, many of the would-be defining events feel abrupt or poorly explained. This would normally be a death knell for an RPG, but in this case, the main narrative is just one of the many stories woven into the experience.
Thanks to RussianSpy27 at the DAI forums at the Bioware forums for finding this.

Next Up is part 1 of Forbes Review No score yet

A quote about how Influence works in the game

Influence is basically the XP of the Inquisition itself. As you gain Influence you rank up the Inquisition, unlocking perks which can be used to customize the way the Inquisition works. Some unlocks can only be opened by having certain prerequisites met, such as finding specific Agents. All of this unfolds gently, meaning you won't be totally overwhelmed by the strategic elements while focusing on the more straightforward party-based campaign and questing. It's quite a lot more in-depth than anything in the previous games.
Last Up is Gamefront's review 89/100

A quote about the story:

The story presents choices that remind us that even when you're striving for good, there are myriad ways to reach the destination you have in mind. Should you execute the man who tried to kill you, slap him in chains, or put him to work? All of the decisions you make have repercussions, as certain party members or even entire factions may object to your choices. Better than either of the previous Dragon Age games, Inquisition makes you feel as if you're affecting the world with nearly every choice you make.
Thanks to Wulfram at the DAI forums at the Bioware forums for finding this.

More information.

I'm not sure what to think of people who hate the story vs people who love it. Did they expect the same thing? Do they classify the same elements as story? Is it the themes or the presentation they like/dislike?

It just seem so polarizing.

In concept, it sounds cool: The Inquisition is formed to close a demon-filled breach in the sky, unite the paralyzed power groups of Thedas, and stop an Elder One from taking over the world.

I don't find anything cool or interesting in this concept. But that must be just me.

I have never had any issues with common concepts or cliches. Not that much original in the world anyhow and not looking for surreal or overly esoteric avant garde in my gaming stories.

I play to have fun exploring, have some epic fantasy adventures with my character and some companions and overall sounds like this will deliver. Not sure if it will become a favorite - won't know till I play - but if I enjoyed DA2 well enough to play it a few times through I doubt DAI could be any worse than that ... and based on the reviews it sounds better.

Liked the game front review (and some of writers comments later) and seems to be fairly even-handed.

Ok, so what I am getting is take Skyrim and: make it bigger with more to do, fill the world with people actually worth talking to, and make you king in the castle as well as savior adventurer. I see more content, better content, and yes, oh yes, DA:I is trying to love my ego even more. This is a RPG event here.

Pre-ordered (a few days ago), preload complete.

BTW, preloads are available for preorders (at least those via Origin itself).

Preload is ~24GB, which was ~40 minutes on my connection. Tasty.

Preload is ~24GB, which was ~40 minutes on my connection. Tasty.

O_O

I wish I lived in your area (6 hours here, I can live with it though)

Only for those who admittted they preordered:

95d1a5fa772a1083f8f2d15f68aaa389.jpg

Seems it'll soon be me included. :(

I hate how true that graphic is...

Because I just preordered our physical copy, and my partner and I will be going to the midnight release to pick it up. o.o;

You know what, on top of all that goodness I said before, they also start you out as the king of the (maybe not yet built) castle and savior. That's the extra mile, I have been doing rags to riches for almost 30 years of rpg-ing. I don't even have to start out in prison, a peasant, an unknown nobody, or my head on the chopping block.

And it's a really big castle with people to order around. The guy from Kotaku said it was 50 hours in until he discovered by accident a giant populated courtryard in his castle.

I pre-ordered the $10 extra vanity items edition with no regrets for that. Even if it doesn't live up to the hype, it's heart is in the right place.

I'm really looking forward to this now. Has anyone else been avoiding all the trailers and promos for the last few weeks, though? They've gone crazy on exposure, and I think it would have drained my interest if I'd watched that much of it. Personally, all I really want is development news - then trailer, maybe preview, and then shiny box in my paws.

Has anyone else been avoiding all the trailers and promos for the last few weeks, though? They've gone crazy on exposure, and I think it would have drained my interest if I'd watched that much of it. Personally, all I really want is development news - then trailer, maybe preview, and then shiny box in my paws.
No as I can watch a five hour spoiler video, and still find enjoyment when I finally play the game. I'm just an odd ball as spoilers don't bother me as they do others.

Also I love listening to the games soundtrack from the pre-load.:)
Only for those who admittted they preordered:

95d1a5fa772a1083f8f2d15f68aaa389.jpg

Seems it'll soon be me included. :(
The comic shares my opinion on EA games. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm really looking forward to this now. Has anyone else been avoiding all the trailers and promos for the last few weeks, though? They've gone crazy on exposure, and I think it would have drained my interest if I'd watched that much of it. Personally, all I really want is development news - then trailer, maybe preview, and then shiny box in my paws.

Yeah, staying away from anything spoilery or that goes in-depth into gameplay etc. I've paid my ticket and got on-board the hype train though.... D@mn you to hell, EA, for scratching that itch... Now, I have to install that cr@ptastic Origin which I've managed to leave off my PC until now. :roll:

Yeah, I've got to the point where I boot to a Windows installation on separate disk for all gaming, because games all come attached to those account management apps these days. I'm not having all that bloated DRM spyware messing about on my main desktop.

Last edited:
Are any of these reviews reliable. Only one seem to talk about keyboard mouse (well one i read) which makes me wonder (they said the controls were akward and menu system was extremely poor with kb/mouse).

desturctoid had a dedicated review on the pc interface - they said tactical was weak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom