Dragon Age - Unboxing the Ultimate Collectors Edition

Are we sure this is not a hoax?
This looks too cheap.

Are we sure this is not a hoax?

No, no. It's real, just make sure you keep the CE in the fridge so that the sausage wont rott/start to smell and ruin the whole package. This will be my third CE that i keep in the fridge, the freakiest one is the Left 4 Dead (360 version) CE that contains a _real_ severed finger! I kid you not.

Its a parody of the next CoD collectors ed (that contains nightvision googles) and if that didnt give it away as a joke, at least the sausage should.. im even a bit scared of the people that didnt get its a joke, i mean hello?!?! anyone home?? guess not..

Some of us didn't make it to the end ... like me.

so, the dwarven butchers guild does not sport sodomy for real, i take it?
________
List Of Transmissions

Last edited:
Well the sausage is obviously a hoax. This is either a flat out hoax or EA faking a hoax to get more "viral marketing" done (a hoax hoax).

OK, I see now. If it does turn out to be a hoax, then I guess I should feel foolish. I assumed it was real, obviously. Heck, a lot of the marketing and most of the other vids have been strange, so....

The food agencies of the world will not allow real sausage to be packaged in a game box...

Eh, it depends. If it's more like a slim jim or other processed dehydrated meat stick that contains almost as much chemical preservative as actual food, then it probably wouldn't be a problem. I think in the US if something has a shelf life of over 2 years you don't even need to put an expiration date on it. I do think that part was a complete joke though. The video seems like a spoof since they didn't pull out some of the things that ARE listed as being in the box.

Sausage? Zuchinni? So I go away for the weekend and come back to this?

I do like the picture of the dominatrix though, but this probably isn't the time to hijack the thread and demand the return of the booth babes?

Sexual innuendo? Shame on him who thinks evil of it.

oielo8.jpg

OK, I see now. If it does turn out to be a hoax, then I guess I should feel foolish. I assumed it was real, obviously. Heck, a lot of the marketing and most of the other vids have been strange, so....

I'm inclined to think it's not a hoax. The box and the other props looked very real, and they're not out yet, AFAIK. That would mean that either someone's gone to extreme lengths to produce a convincing-looking fake box and then proceeded to make a pretty crappy video with a bad joke about it, or it originates from BioWare, officially or not. Could be a hoax hoax, tho...

(Oh, and eww @*the SEGA ad.)

I'm inclined to think it's not a hoax. The box and the other props looked very real

Give us an official link then and not just some random youtube clip that could've been made by anyone. Did Bioware just contact this dude on youtube and send him the trailer, i think not :p

I've seen plenty of fake boxes and fake unboxing, and this doesnt stand out as especially good. Wouldnt take too long to fake something like this since there are no close-ups and the movie quality (even in HD) is quite bad. The intro and outro is also in a widescreen format with black bars while the rest isnt, obviously just stolen from some other Dragon Age clip..

I've seen plenty of fake boxes and fake unboxing, and this doesnt stand out as especially good. Wouldnt take too long to fake something like this since there are no close-ups and the movie quality (even in HD) is quite bad. The intro and outro is also in a widescreen format with black bars while the rest isnt, obviously just stolen from some other Dragon Age clip..

You have? Cool! Would you care to share a link or two?

Share a link to what? Fake boxes or unboxing? i think i've seen pictures of fake boxes in every thread (of a big game release) on Nforce. It's not something I bookmark lol.

Here's a good unboxing video for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGyR55dp8A (way more impressive than this lame hoax ;) )

Share a link to what? Fake boxes or unboxing? i think i've seen pictures of fake boxes in every thread (of a big game release) on Nforce. It's not something I bookmark lol.

I was thinking of photos or videos of fake boxes. Not just fake box art, or fake box designs -- photos or videos of actual, physical fake boxes, with fake content.

Basically, the reason I think it's unlikely to be a third-party hoax is that the box and contents looked pretty real, and it would be a considerable amount of work to produce props that look that real, even on low-quality video -- but the video work was crappy. Usually (like in your example), it's the other way around -- minimal physical props, maximal digital manipulation. Therefore, I'm still inclined to think this originated from BioWare, and because BioWare would certainly find it easy to find out who made it, if it was unauthorized, I'm inclined to think it has their official sanction.

In any case, we'll have more evidence presently: if there is an actual Collector's Edition box that looks like the one in the video, with the contents shown in the video (minus the sausage), it's either from inside BioWare, or they mysteriously lost a box. (I find the latter somewhat unlikely, because they're usually very careful about stuff like that.)

Here's a good unboxing video for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGyR55dp8A (way more impressive than this lame hoax ;) )

Yeah, that was funny. Not quite what I was looking for, though -- it was an obvious joke, and a rather a good one; only the outside of the box was pretending to be real.

Anyone with a printer and this machine that put plastic around boxes to make them look new (cant remember what they're called in english, they've become quite common in recent years and arent very expensive) could do that in an hour.

It would hardly be the first time, but if you're new to this phenomena for some reason, then i can understand you. I was also impressed the first time i saw it.

I'm sorry but i dont keep any links to fake box art, i dont find it that interesting, i just stumble on it all the time hehe, it should be quite easy to google though (maybe try google pictures instead of the regular google).

Anyone with a printer and this machine that put plastic around boxes to make them look new (cant remember what they're called in english, they've become quite common in recent years and arent very expensive) could do that in an hour.

It would hardly be the first time, but if you're new to this phenomena for some reason, then i can understand you. I was also impressed the first time i saw it.

Yup, this is the first one I've come across. If it's an actual phenomenon of sorts -- people outdoing each other with fake boxes -- then, yeah, it does make more sense, and it's much more likely that it is a genuine hoax. If no box like the one in the video turns up, then I'll consider the matter settled.

you'll find thousands of pictures if you google it. there's even a phenomen when people arent satisfied with the cover of a DVD or Bluray movie and they make their own and post it. I've seen plenty that looks much better than the original cover, there are many talented people out there that loves to show off their skills.

I would buy DA CE if it had the DA book. I looked for it, but it's like $10... for a paperback? pfft!

Back
Top Bottom