View Single Post

Default 

February 21st, 2018, 13:07
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
joxer, why don't you bother using the base save system? It works fine, are you too cheap to buy/make Savior Schnapps and rent lodging?
Kill me if I know, I guess I got used to the mod too much.
I do rent frequently so I can access my trunk for stuff (example is a quest that at one point needs wolf tooth, raven feathers and dog skin, well I didn't carry those through the whole game). Additionally I do have dozens of savior schnapps on my horse.
After the prologue saving anywhere mod becomes completely irrelevant but I guess I'm too lazy to delete it.
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
…impressions from those masoch…. I mean brave souls
Yea, I do feel beta tester. Yet again.
Did I say already when it comes to bugs, this release should be called Skyrim 2? In case I didn't, there you go.
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Well, I supported the game on KS before. Not sure if I bought it at realease for 50€ and honestly I would also not recommend it for that price due to it's unpolishedness, which isn't the worst in the world, but it's not what you should expect from a 50€ game.
… but it also has tons of little disappointments (in any form).

I think the German voice overs are a great example:
I backed it on KS, if I didn't it'd still be day1 purchase for me. Why?
The game is unique. Or because of it's approach to the genre, should I say, exotic?

Except tons of bugs that should have been fixed through KS betatesting (I didn't go for it because lack of time) nothing disappointed me, perhaps because I was expecting a bit of mediocre product. Instead I got a story with such crazy substories, a thing perhaps I always wanted to play.
Note that I don't play with german voiceover and adore when english actors swear and curse in the game.
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
If I hadn't backed it on KS I'd wait as well for some patches before buying.
That's something I say for all games. If you won't play a game at release day, wait till it gets patched.
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Embedding failure in gaming demands work.
You saying nothing else demands work? If yes, just so you know, I disagree.
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
The storyline itself is not realistic.
It's definetly not. Medieval youngster bursting with hormons surrounded by sheep, goats and chicken? Yea, his "celibacy" is realistic my arse.
Which doesn't mean in some other areas it isn't realistic. The 3 murderers execution and three witches quests are not dumbed down by Hollywood and are absolutely amazing. Oh you didn't got there yourself but you watched some steam? Forgeddit.
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
When is the last time someone said "gee I like this game but I wish I couldn't save anywhere, any time…"
Dunno. I know I refuse to buy Alpha Protocol because of it.
In KCD you can save anywhere actually, it's just not F5.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#80

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,666
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)