Filtering out the non-crpg stuff?

I much sooner skip the Bioware shooters than both jRPG and iOS RPG's.

Yesterdays steam had both a Final Fantasy and a Sonic game. I believe this deserves a reflection. We are in a political threshold at the moment in which Steam is suddenly a contender on the market among 8th Generation consoles. When console users are starting to speak PC again we are in a situation that haven't happened since the 5th generation in the mid-90'ies. Getting japanese titles on steam is important and getting a title like Final Fantasy there is even more important and so where Resident Evil.

When we consider game politics, good games comes from good attraction to a platform and that comes from which markets you can cater to, not the quality of every game.

I quite like it like it is now. That potato finds me lot of kickstarters I can waste my money on :p

I've been wondering a bit about one or two news items but I can skip those easily enough. JRPGs are interesting to me, as are MMOs. (Plus Yme keeps funding Kickstarters now so I don't have to! ;) )

Well someone has to spread the news since no one on this site posts them in the kickstarter section in the forums.:p And I'm supposed to be the lazy one.

Last edited:
I have to echo most of the sentiments here. Personally, I don't like RPGs with action elements, such as The Witcher, Diablo, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, etc. So, I simply ignore the articles related to them. If Couch was only providing news about AAA games, which tend to be too heavy on action elements for my taste, I wouldn't come here at all. But because of him, I get to find out about smaller indie games that have the thoughtful turn based mechanics I prefer. Thanks for all you do, Couch. Don't change a thing.

I really appreciate the work Couchpotato has been doing for this site. The amount of news (as far as I can remember at least) has been much greater than it ever was in the past. Obviously this means some games that aren't to my taste get posted about…but it also means I discovered a ton of awesome indie games, kickstarter projects and what not.

Although I haven't seen his name pop up nearly as often lately, Aries100 as well deserves a mention :) and all those who contributed with Articles/Interviews Myrthos, Ghanburighan, Fluent, LuckyDay etc (Apologies if I forget anyone).

Each different news poster/reviewer brings something different to the table and thats great :).

With that said, I would really like to see Dhruin around here again eventually be it as a regular member or a staff member. He is an important member of this "community".

Oh and on a last note. I would love if Mike Txa1265 ever did another run of handheld reviews for this site :) be it Vita, DS, Ipad, Iphone, Android. I really loved it!

A lot of games i never would have considered have been bought and enjoyed (or heaped into the backlog pile) because of this site's diverse rpg news section. I want all the info, ive got a few minutes to sift thru it.

I can respect an inflammatory post, but the Op comes off as a spoiled brat there. Total first-world problem, havin to scan thru a bunch of links! Poor thing :/

There are a lot of games I never would have tried but did because of this site. There are also a lot of games I never would have heard of but did because of this site. I don't like jrpg's, so I just avoid those threads if the title mentions jrpg. If it doesn't, it only takes a few seconds to find out, and I move on to a different thread. Everyone has different tastes. This site would be too "elitist", never mind suck steaming piles of shit if it only covered "certain" types of games. Nothings broke, so nothing needs fixing. Leave things as they are please.

I believe that diversity should be there - just because there is a great diversity within the RPG genre.

One can filter out anything at any time - I do it all of the time. I'm not interested in most of the news - but I'm glad that they are there, just to inform me of what's currently going on.

Being uninformed is imho a great disadvantage.

Good idea. This is pretty much why I have been absent from this and other forums lately. I realize it's more and more stuff covered on RPG sites that 1) isn't an RPG or 2) is on a platform I will never own.

Back
Top Bottom