Hellgate London - Dated

Dhruin

SasqWatch
EA and Namco have announced a release window for Flagship's Hellgate: London - Summer 2007. Here's the announcement at GamesIndustry.biz:
Electronic Arts, Chertsey UK. January 8, 2007. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced a summer 2007 worldwide ship window for the highly-anticipated online action RPG Hellgate: London™, the first original PC title from premier developer Flagship Studios.
"We are all committed to making Hellgate: London absolutely the best game possible,” said Bill Roper, CEO of Flagship Studios. “The anticipation surrounding the game is immense and we are looking forward to its launch being a truly worldwide event."
Hellgate: London combines the depth of role-playing games and the action of first-person shooter titles, while offering infinite playability with dynamically generated levels, items, enemies and events. The player creates a heroic character, completes quests, and battles through innumerable hordes of demons to advance through experience levels and branching skill paths. A robust, flexible skill and spell system, highly customizable appearances, and a massive variety of randomly generated equipment allow players to create their own unique hero.
More information.

OK, I'm looking forward to this game, but am I the only one who finds it somewhat ironic that there is a press release 'dating' a game to a 3 month window?

Christmas 2007 for the patched version.

Diablo and Diablo 2 were playable from day 1. Something almost unheard of these days. I am trying to see the glass as half full for now.

I'm confused. Is this game out of date or did it go on one?

I'm confused. Is this game out of date or did it go on one?

Or get small fruit thrown at it? It 'getting dated' something like 'getting pwned' or 'getting punkd'?

:D

Another Doom 3 junky crapfest shooter with some stats looks crappy as hell just like Doom 3/Painkiller/Prey/Quake 4 type crap all trash. Sci Fi Shooters = crap.

Hmm, so how do you really feel about it?

I'm pretty excited about this title, too. Strange, since I have little to no interest in FPS derivitives, but we'll see. My mind has turned the game into Deus Ex with more RPG which sounds like a great formula even though I suck royally at action titles.

Since FPS is my first love with RPG as a close second this has me totally jazzed!

Back
Top Bottom