Deus Ex 3 - PC Only Rumours are False?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A number of sites are running stories about Deus Ex 3 being a PC exclusive. The source of this is Bit-tech, who seem to have extrapolated this from yesterday's cinematics news and the fact that the PC has been the focus of news thus far.
Rock, Paper. Shotgun points out their article has been edited and community reps on the Eidos boards are surprised:
However, they don’t state where this was confirmed, and the peeps on the Eidos forums seem equally surprised. “Only the PC version has been announced so far,” notes ‘René’, one Eidos Montreal’s community types, continuing, “The magazine coverage we had last year were all PC… I dunno where that website is getting its info from!”
It would seem highly unlikely in this day and age.
More information.

"It would seem highly unlikely in this day and age."

I'd say it seems pretty unlikely for a crappy shooter based on a PC only FPRPG...

Because, let's face it, not all games are better when released for consoles too. Take for example one game I'm currently playing: Homeworld.

It'd be nice but no way in hell it's gonna happen.

I think the best we can hope for is that the PC is it's primary development platform. Oh, and that it doesn't suck.

Expect some heavy dumping down.

The Ugly Dumpling ???

To dump or being dumped.

Well most likely its gonne be a multi platform. Hopes its gettting developed on the PC first.

It's pretty obvious that any high budget game will be released for consoles, because market-wise it's where the cash lies. It's pretty obvious as well that due to the "Fun!" oriented console controller restrictions every multi-platform game gets simplified to the point of obliteration. Summing those two facts up I leave to each person alone.

Wow, you guys are amazingly pessimistic, you know that? first, like 80% of you guys were sure the Dragon Age will suck. and it turned out fantastic. now, you're sure that DX3 will suck.

it'll just be like the first game, mainly for the pc. with console version be ported over while trying to keep the complexity nature of the game intact.

also, the PC is in much better state now that it was before do to digital distribution giving developer/publishers a lot more income then the retail release of consoles. when you release a game on a console you have to pay not only the retailer but also the console manufacture and of course the packaging and all that crap. in the pc, all you have to pay to is Valve/Stardoc/whatever and that's it. so yes, only 25% of the sales coming from digital distribution right now, but each copy sold gives you much higher income then a console copy.

first, like 80% of you guys were sure the Dragon Age will suck. and it turned out fantastic. now, you're sure that DX3 will suck.
To be fair, the premise is different. DA might have had been going to have sucked due to horrible advertising. DX3 might be going to suck because DX2 did (relative to Deus Ex).

(Hm, was that correct English?)

Not exactly Arhu, but we understand what you're saying? ;)

DX2 did suck compared to DX. In fact, that memory is quite fresh in my mind because I played through DX2 for the first time this year.

Wow, you guys are amazingly pessimistic, you know that? first, like 80% of you guys were sure the Dragon Age will suck. and it turned out fantastic. now, you're sure that DX3 will suck.

When 99 out of 100 games you think will suck, do, there's nothing particularly rational in letting the 1 out of the 100 that DIDN'T suck, guide your disposition.

When you combine that with the fact that we're talking about a sequel to a game I expected to ROCK, but which turned out to SUCK (bigtime) - we're talking your approach being the lunacy approach.

Personally I (at least most of the time) choose not to have any opinion about a game before I see it. Which would of course reduce the number of posts - possibly more on other forums than this - tremendously.

Personally I (at least most of the time) choose not to have any opinion about a game before I see it. Which would of course reduce the number of posts - possibly more on other forums than this - tremendously.

Are you not saying you choose not to speak of your opinions?

I find it hard to believe you have no thoughts about that which you hear, regarding that which you spend a lot of time doing - and presumably that which might be considered a passionate hobby.

I find it extremely hard not to form an opinion about how an unreleased game may or may not be like upon release. Having spent so many years playing so many games, it's impossible for me not to do that.

Pretty amazing that you can avoid doing that, I have to say.

No, I mean not having an opinion. I'm very good at that (which maybe is not always a good thing)

But you point out the important thing: While I spend a lot of time playing RPG's and very much like playing those games, I'm not passionate about it. Here and now I'm not sure I'm passionate about anything. Which again is not necessarily a good thing - sometimes I wish I was.

Passionate about nothing?

That's hardly a good thing, we can agree.

But I guess it can be useful, and not having an opinion likewise. Not sure I'd prefer that kind of usefulness, but still.

Are you not saying you choose not to speak of your opinions?

I find it hard to believe you have no thoughts about that which you hear, regarding that which you spend a lot of time doing - and presumably that which might be considered a passionate hobby.

I find it extremely hard not to form an opinion about how an unreleased game may or may not be like upon release. Having spent so many years playing so many games, it's impossible for me not to do that.

Pretty amazing that you can avoid doing that, I have to say.

DArt, you can't imagine going into a game with an open mind?

Like Pibbur, I read up on a game, but when it comes down to playing it I try not to have any preconceptions about the game. You can't see that was what Pibbur was saying? Really?? Or you just can't do that? In which case you must be disappointed a lot.

Back
Top Bottom