Arcania - Official Sys Reqs Updated

Dhruin

SasqWatch
New Arcania system requirements are up at the official site, so we can forget all the previous controversy and focus on this:
PC Minimum Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II x2 @ 2.8 GHz
* Memory: 2 GB RAM
* Graphics:GeForce 8800 GTX
* DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
* Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space
* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

PC Recommended Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core I7 @ 3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3 GHz
* Memory: 4 GB RAM
* Graphics: GeForce GTX 295
* DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
* Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space
* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Thanks, DPB on our forums!
More information.

Well, they can kiss me goodbye. I am not buying the latest and greatest PC available to play their game. They've obviously chosen console users as their target market and that is not going to include me.
Thanks for the update but that's not going to work for me.

If Arcania turns out to have the modern greatness of say, Ulitima VII, I'd consider upgrading my rig. But I'm taking a wait and see attitude with this game. No preorder from me.

Ummm, the minimum requirements are things that are 3 or 4 years old, not the latest and greatest by a very long shot. The recommended, though.... if you got a decent PC this year or a high end PC last year, you're probably good.

I don't really understand why it needs such a cranking video card, though, or 4 gig of ram. The XBox doesn't have anything close to that kind of video or memory power.

Ummm, the minimum requirements are things that are 3 or 4 years old, not the latest and greatest by a very long shot. The recommended, though…. if you got a decent PC this year or a high end PC last year, you're probably good.

I don't really understand why it needs such a cranking video card, though, or 4 gig of ram. The XBox doesn't have anything close to that kind of video or memory power.

Probably because the PC version will be far better...? The console versions usually are crap compared to the mighty PC.

Seems a bit silly - are they really saying the i5 750 or 860 are below recommended? Those are powerful chips. Looks like they've set the min just above where Desslock said it was unplayable. I.e. there is no problem with 'specific CPU models' as they claimed. Looks like the problem is the game runs like crap on hardware that drives other demanding titles rather well... Oh well. I'll buy it anyway :)

Lol, this is perfectly hilarious. If this publisher hasn't killed itself by stealing an IP it will by putting out a game with specs only 10% of gamers can meet. STEAM has the most accurate PC gamer hardware averages, they constantly monitor this data on their system. Even if by some miracle another 10% upgrade there is no way this is going to have good sales numbers.

A relative comparative would be the state of gaming hardware when Crysis came out, same situation. Plus this doesn't even take into account the release state of the game after this publishers known low quality release standards for pushing games out the door, then BLAMING the developers. Watch when this game isn't a smash hit it will be all Spellbound's fault.

To put things in perspective, these are higher requirements than Crysis 2. I mean, it looks good but is Arcania really using bleeding edge technology? Its direct competitor, Two Worlds II, has much lower requirements but still manages to look as good as this.

Perhaps "can it run Arcania?" will become the new "can it run Crysis?" ;)

hmmm, I have a quad core i7@2.8 I guess and 8 gigs of ram but my video card is a GTS 240, not quite up to snuff there, I don't think. Of course, I'm not a Gothic/Risen fan, so I don't think this is quite my cup of tea anyway. I'm running the Witcher Enhanced pretty nicely though. Glad to hear Two Worlds Two Worlds Two...requires a little less horsepower. I'm kinda looking forward to that one.

If someone wants to buy me a GTX295, I'll let them play ArcaniA on my rig :D

Wow this is interesting. My PC barely meets the minimums and its much more powerfull than an XBOX 360 which the game appears to be created for.

The game looks pretty average from screen shots I have seen as well.

I think I will be passing on this one.

Wow, looks like my PC is just above the minimum requirements…this is not promising. Anyway, in my opinion, the official Gothic series was pretty much dead after it was taken away from Piranha Bytes. Risen is the new Gothic. I'm far more excited about Risen 2, and even Two Worlds 2, than I am about Gothic 4.

Kay

Ummm, the minimum requirements are things that are 3 or 4 years old, not the latest and greatest by a very long shot. The recommended, though?. if you got a decent PC this year or a high end PC last year, you're probably good.

Since 3-4 years the procesors dont go increase in vertical way, they just go horizontal, more cores but no more Mhz, the only thing that is getting better are the GPU and this game is asking too much and dont look better than crysis.
________
Dc Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited:
Now I am very interested to see how it runs via the demo on my ancient single core PC. It should be amusing if nothing else.

at 2.9 and 8800 Ultra I'm basically at the minimum. This is looking like Ultima 9 for me. My rig at the time barely met that minimum but the game was still unplayable. I ended up playing it about 3 years later on a better rig and really enjoyed the game. Thank goodness there are a ton of RPGs coming out around the same time, so its looking like Arcania will have to wait for my dollar.

These are the highest requirements for a PC game I've never seen. ¿8800GTX minimum and GTX295 recommended??? I can understand that for the best quality settings the game makes use of the best hardware available (like Crysis), but, How can be the minimun GPU needed a 8800GTX that is 2-3 times more powerful than the XBOX360????
I only have two answers for that:
- The XBOX360/PS3 versión visuals are very poor against the pc version.
- The PC version is a disastrous console port in which the companny hasn't spent any time optimizing it.

I hope the first answer be the right one and the game look fantastic in a PC.

By other hand, it seems also that the game is optimized for NVidia DX10 GPUS, (8800GTX, GTX295), perhaps with AMD/ATI GPUS the requirements will be even higher ( I hope not, I have a 4870 :)).

recommended requirement is DirectX 9.0...
this is gonna be just another hog like Gothic 3...

I got the computer to handle this and more so the issue for me is that it seems like the developers are incompetent when they can't make the game playable on older rigs. I was hoping and praying for another gothic game but now I assume it will be worse than even G3. A sad day!

Risen series is not gothic for me. It lacked the right feeling and it was too small. It also felt a bit like a copy of G2 which made the story a bit boring to me.

Maybe they are getting kigk backs from ATI, Nvidia, Intel, and AMD, and figured it would be a better way of making money off the PC crowd, than actually selling them the game.

Back
Top Bottom