Kingmaker - Wildcards Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Wildcards DLC is now available on Steam and GOG for Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Fiend blood runs through their veins, whispering cruel truths and evil ideas. Who are they? Tieflings, the outcasts of the civilized world.

Living channels of elemental energy, tamers of wild power - who are they? Kineticists, masters of occult elemental skills.

A mysterious stranger crosses the threshold of your barony - marked with the blood of devils, gifted with the power of the elements. Who is she? Discover for yourself!

This new DLC for Pathfinder:Kingmaker includes:

* A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

* A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.

* A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.

The new companion will join your party in the beginning of Chapter 2. Those who would like to add the companion to their current playthrough can do so at any point before the end of Chapter 5 ("War of the River Kings"): the companion will ask for an audience at your throne room. However, we would advise to begin your acquaintance with the character as soon as possible.
More information.

Sounds rather fun, if I was just starting "Kingmaker" then I'd almost certainly pick this up.

However, since I'm now close to the end of the game I'll save this (and the other DLC) for my second playthrough. Maybe around this time 2019 or 2020, depending on what's up on the crpg front at that time. :)

New race, class and companion. Sounds great, all things i like.

Does the release of the DLC mean they’ve sufficiently patch the base game or is there still patching to do?

Ive read bad things about end game bugs and content.

When i say sufficiently patched keep in mind i only have enough time to play a game this long once so i want the best possible experience.

Keeping that in mind. Should i wait or is it ready to dive in to?

Does the release of the DLC mean they’ve sufficiently patch the base game or is there still patching to do?
Both. ;)
But seriously I think it's in a good state now.

Should i wait or is it ready to dive in to?
If you want to play in the near future I'd wait until mid January when they want to release their second big patch which will be version 1.2.
If you actually want the full experience and feel like that includes another campaign of 12 hours or a random-generated, endless dungeon, you should wait until February or April.

New race, class and companion. Sounds great, all things i like.

Ive read bad things about end game bugs and content.

When i say sufficiently patched keep in mind i only have enough time to play a game this long once so i want the best possible experience.

Keeping that in mind. Should i wait or is it ready to dive in to?

Good question, like to know that too ! Is there a big update planned perhaps? if not i am gonna give it a try now
@Morrandir; : thnx man !

Patch notes that came with this DLC are probably even more interesting.
They got some nice Kingdom management improvements. And Teleportation Circles to quicktravel between your settlements.

And Teleportation Circles to quicktravel between your settlements.

It's about time! I always thought it was odd that there was no teleportation spell when it's such an iconic D&D spell and would fit in perfectly with the game.

Ooh, I will be downloading this in the morning and start playing ASAP :D

So, this teleportation circle, is this built via kingdom management screen?

For the kingdom change, "special buffs to help with the development of secondary kingdom stats" - what do they mean by secondary stats? Do they mean 5 positions that opens up later?

I thought I'd dive back in during my Christmas holidays, but now I'm completely immersed into RogueTech.

I guess it won't hurt to let Kingmaker simmer a bit longer. Bought the DLC anyway and will start a new campaign next time.

Both. ;)
But seriously I think it's in a good state now.

If you want to play in the near future I'd wait until mid January when they want to release their second big patch which will be version 1.2.
If you actually want the full experience and feel like that includes another campaign of 12 hours or a random-generated, endless dungeon, you should wait until February or April.

Thanks @Morrandir;,

Ill probably wait until February then. I will tinker some before then I’m sure to check different builds and brush up on the rule set.

A game like this usually has me restarting 20-30 times anyway so ill get that out of the way and clear some time in February and march and April.....:biggrin:

So, this teleportation circle, is this built via kingdom management screen?

For the kingdom change, "special buffs to help with the development of secondary kingdom stats" - what do they mean by secondary stats? Do they mean 5 positions that opens up later?

The teleportation circle works from the world map, just click on a village/town where you have built a circle and you get teleported there. Very convienient and cheap as well with only a 20BP cost to build.

As for the stats, I too assume that they mean "Espionage", "Arcane", "Stability" and so on.

I like horn-y companion ;)

Hmm seems like people who own GoG version is having trouble with The Wildcards. Gotta admit, I'm glad I picked the Steam version over GoG for Kingmaker.

Hmm seems like people who own GoG version is having trouble with The Wildcards. Gotta admit, I'm glad I picked the Steam version over GoG for Kingmaker.
What say it ain't so how will I get my horn-y companion to love me.:(

Damn you GOG and your shitty patching process.:shakefist:

Joking aside were do you find this new companion.o_O

Got it up and running although it did force me to finally mod the game. Not for cheats though. I want to be a ranger but don't like the default outfit on the Tiefling. So there is a nice mod that lets you change the default outfit for your character - so used the Fighter one. Also a mod to hide the UI so I can do screenshots.

I played about 2 hours, still haven't acquired her service yet. But I did notice a lot of QoL improvements :D

I haven't tried that yet - but with retail or with ordering ANY physical version of the game - you are stuck with the Steam version anyway.

I had learned this the hard way. Ordering physical version + wanting keys for GOG version. :(
I simply couldn't install my physical version because of the lack of a Steam key, as I had only the GOG key. :(
So I had to download the WHOLE games DESPITE having a physical version of it. :(

What say it ain't so how will I get my horn-y companion to love me.:(

Damn you GOG and your shitty patching process.:shakefist:

Joking aside were do you find this new companion.o_O

Seems like she shows up in chapter 1 as well.

She asked for my help by visiting my kingdom in chapter 2 - you need to finish her quest first before she joins your party.

I'm intrigued by her so far but still don't know how to effectively play kineticist, so she will be left behind in capital most of the time :p

Seems like she shows up in chapter 1 as well.

She asked for my help by visiting my kingdom in chapter 2 - you need to finish her quest first before she joins your party.

I'm intrigued by her so far but still don't know how to effectively play kineticist, so she will be left behind in capital most of the time :p
If you leave her behind you will never learn how to play a kineticist :)

So it's a pretty long game? I don't want to make it longer with more DLC content, but I will wait for 1.2 patch. Like someone else said, i'm also only going to play it once, if I finish it at all (not an easy task these days)

Back
Top Bottom