Gamedec - Cyberpunk RPG Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Today Gamedec has been announced, an isometric cyberpunk game, where you play a detective.

Gamedec is an adaptive, cyberpunk RPG game from Anshar Studios. This brand new project is based around a private detective who solves crimes committed in virtual game worlds. The title will debut in 2020.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - August 8th, Katowice, Poland.
It's Warsaw City in the 22nd century, and thanks to the existence of virtual worlds, "reality" is a relative concept, and "life" and "death" have many meanings. New worlds, however, give rise to new problems. Desire, jealousy, greed, and lust for power are ever present. Many things have changed, but human nature is not one of them. That's why society in the 22nd century needs Gamedecs - detectives who handle frauds, crimes, and conspiracies committed in virtual worlds. Child slavery in F2P games, the suicide of a professional player - cases like that are what they deal with on a daily basis. In the new Anshar Studios game, the player becomes one of these detectives.
In Gamedec, decisions are important, and the game world constantly adapts to them and to the hero, who changes as the story progresses. The consequences of choices made, like in "real" life, can be immediate, long-term, or hidden - the latter most often surfacing at unexpected moments. Regardless of the decisions made, however, the game always remains neutral towards them. It's up to the player to evaluate them, bearing in mind the saying "you are the sum of your choices."

The studio's new game returns to the foundations of the RPG genre by adding Deduction, Codex, and Aspects mechanics to allow for complex discussions, as the players create or expose networks of intrigues and conspiracies, while discovering unusual relationships between virtual worlds. Gamedec's paper-based RPG mechanics give players the freedom to approach things from multiple perspectives, rather than finding a single solution - the choice is ultimately theirs.

Gamedec is currently under development. The game is planned to be released in 2020.

More information.

Huh... that trailer looks pretty damn sweet and it sounds awesomely ambitious. Hope this turns out as good as it looks.

Childhood slavery in a free-to-play game?

You kids stay away from those loot boxes, you hear. :p

It looks decent. Terrible name though.
It's not the name created by devs. This world (and maybe even story?) is based on books written by Polish sci-fi author Marcin Przybyłek.

Looks pretty cool to me.

Seems to be everything Neo Scavenger isn't which would mean instabuy for me if there wasn't one tiny detail.

They mention Codex in description. Sorry, but no codex allowed on my PC. Skipped.

It's not the name created by devs. This world (and maybe even story?) is based on books written by Polish sci-fi author Marcin Przybyłek.

Ah ok. I looked him up, and I see he has written quite a few books. It doesn't seem like any of them have been translated to English though.

There was a Gamedec board game released in 2013 that was published by CDP which was formerly part of CD Projekt.

Not a single book was translated officially:
https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=Marcin+Przybyłek&search=Find+book

Not that I care except for one: CEO Slayer.
google translate said:
In the mid-21st century, corporations rule the world, and employee exploitation is common. It is no different in Warsaw, where banks rob people with impunity and drug manufacturers drive them into illness.
Unexpectedly, a flame of hope flashes in this darkness. Directors of large companies are the victims of CEO Slayer, a mysterious avenger, as well as ruthless, strong and brutal.
This needs to be a RL profession.

In the mid-21st century, corporations rule the world, and employee exploitation is common. It is no different in Warsaw, where banks rob people with impunity and drug manufacturers drive them into illness.
Other than the word "mid-", I don't see what part of this is fictional…

Interesting

The name is bad, but it looks like it has potential. :)

Wow, what a badass!!

A game doesn't stop being a game just because it doesn't fit your narrow view of reality.

People accepting that games are games are more likely to have an open view .
Trying to conflate two different things into one is narrowing.

Game is gameplay. Without gameplay, no game.

People please. Who's the biggest troll on watch? Me.
If I didn't feed the codexian amateur troll by direct reply while making sure he knows he's recognized (takes one to know one), do please ignore their bullshit.

btw I'm the storyfag. Have a problem with that dear codexian amateurs? Here's the middlefinger.
Now crawl back to the cesspool, you won't be missed here.

Back
Top Bottom