Bloodlust Shadowhunter - A New ARPG Adventure with Vampires

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bloodlust Shadowhunter is a Single-Player RPG from WRF Studios. The game is also on Steam Greenlight looking for approval. The developers have a demo on the main site to try. Give the game a look, and give your opinion in the comment section.

There is also a video of the demo from Cramgaming.

More information.

I just finished the demo. I kind of liked it. The combat probably isn't going to thrill most folks, but I'm OK without thrills. A bit clunky but some real potential.

Just watched the videos, downloading the demo now. Looks like it might be decent, depending on all the normal "depending on" shit...

Actually this looks like kind of a sleeper. There are clans with faction to raise. Lots of abilities with paths. You can "sire" others and give them commands. Dialogue with choices. I don't have any problem with the combat at all. The voice acting is a bit cheesey at times but the atmosphere is very creepy. I am seeing the potential as well.

This is really not a Diablo clone at all. Sold.

I played some but didn't complete the demo and did not really care for it. Definitely see the Vampire: The Masquerade influence but certainly no Bloodlines influence I could tell. The demo was not bad as demos go but I think you really have to like Vampires to want to jump into this one. As a small indie title I was rather impressed though. I'm biased against it for the action part and vampire part so dont let my opinion stop anyone from trying the demo for themselves you may find you like it.

after an hour or so with the demo I'd say the game feels a bit crude, especially the combat (not good for an ARPG). And I'm annoyed the installer put Microsoft's .NET framework on my computer even though the game doesn't use it. Still, seems like it might amount to something with some more work.

Just wanted to bump this old thread to show you guys the first 30 minutes of the game, which I uploaded on my Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYEXdkf0dE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtumvpikfaMB89TtM_lEh-Q

Don't sleep on this game. It's actually quite interesting. There are a lot of RPG systems in it that make it worthwhile. It has some depth.

It definitely has potential. I talked to the Bill Fischer and he says it will be released probably in about 7 months, so he has a lot of time to polish it up.

Back
Top Bottom