Life is Strange - New Game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
DONTNOD is working on a new Life is Strange game:

A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment

If you’re reading this, you’ve likely already heard or watched the news… we reached over 3 million unique paying players! It’s an incredible achievement and one we could not have reached without you, our fantastic community! You helped spread positive words about our game and have continually kept the world interested in what happens next.

We also revealed a key piece of information that many of you have been waiting some time for now - we can indeed confirm that the original Life is Strange team at DONTNOD are working on a brand new Life is Strange game. We can’t wait to tell you all about it when the time is right, but for now we are hard at work ensuring it is the very best game we can create. We’re really thankful for your patience thus far and ask for a bit more time. The new game will not be at E3 in June this year but we will be watching the show alongside you all and wish everyone good luck!
More information.

Not sure if it qualifies as a RPG or even a video game, but in my opinion Life is Strange was/is something special. The atmosphere is unbelievable and the soundtrack is spot-on.

In short, everybody who has a PC should play this "interactive movie."

It's a 3D visual novel or a 3D point&click adventure game (depends how you loot at it).

Not sure if it qualifies as a RPG or even a video game, but in my opinion Life is Strange was/is something special. The atmosphere is unbelievable and the soundtrack is spot-on.

In short, everybody who has a PC should play this "interactive movie."

I agree. It was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifespan (time to finish it)?

I finished it in 12 hours, but I didn't explore all the "paths/discussions" and I played DONTNOD Remember Me first which shares a few mechanics with Life is Strange which might have speed up a few section of the game.

I did do both endings though. I can't say which one I prefer, but I'm not sure how they can make a sequel considering those endings…unless we have totally unrelated characters.

Love this game. I don't care what you call it, it was just something special.

This is a surprise. First one was a relaxing, more engaging type of TellTale game with better mechanics( well, at least without the damn QTE's).
Surprised how it ended up selling well...adventure game playing as highschool girl ( though this explains why rune loves it :p).
Hope they go here with better engine and facial animations/lyp sync this time.

I never enjoyed this type of game before, going all the way back to the 1980s, but I enjoyed Life is Strange a whole lot. I also very much enjoyed their other game Remember Me which was a mix of different game styles, with some Batman Arkham style combat mixed in.

A good interactive movie experience, really (even though the endings were both "meh").

I just couldn't get in to the game... For me the big turnoff was that it was about teenage girl in a high school. :/

I just couldn't get in to the game... For me the big turnoff was that it was about teenage girl in a high school. :/

I had the same problem at first but I then pretended I was reading a book ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care about protagonist's gender, years or species (ummm, okay, it mustn't be a DA:bear), but there is another thing.
Decent length, if I understod correctly it's also a decent story, but I'm kinda picky when it comes to genre. Is it drama or romance? Or it's a horror/thriller/crime? See... I can't stand plain drama.

I don't care about protagonist's gender, years or species (ummm, okay, it mustn't be a DA:bear), but there is another thing.
Decent length, if I understod correctly it's also a decent story, but I'm kinda picky when it comes to genre. Is it drama or romance? Or it's a horror/thriller/crime? See… I can't stand plain drama.

Romance is optional (there is two options, although you aren't really told they are romance options, it's all dependent on your dialogue choices). Some of the drama is dependent on your choices, some is plot relevant. I wouldn't call it an happy story, there is some funny moment.

The plot focus on two things: Max (the PC) friendship with Chloe and resolving a murder
that turns into a gruesome serial killer case
. I personally though it was a decent length for the genre.

So it's a murdersolving friendship with possibility of romance? :D
Okay okay, wishlisted, there'll probably be enough of time to play it some day, I guess some time before it's sequel gets released so I can decide to buy the next game or not.

Ehhh, you're misleading Jox here. More like one of those highschool TV shows that your sister can't stop talking about and has plastered posters all over the walls, with some supernatural/mystery element.

So it's a murdersolving friendship with possibility of romance? :D
Okay okay, wishlisted, there'll probably be enough of time to play it some day, I guess some time before it's sequel gets released so I can decide to buy the next game or not.

It's not a long game.
According to Steam, it took me 21 hours.

For sure many players here love video games in general and you need for loving click and point adventure games.

This give them a lot of margin to destroy almost all RPG released with few exceptions.

For a fan of RPG video games as I am that toxicity is not only very hard to accept, but if I was listening the toxic voices I wouldn't play much more video games.

But I'm a fan of RPG, it's not obvious there's there many in this forum, at least the hateboys make a lot more noise.

Back
Top Bottom