DA:O Dragon Age Ultimate Edition Manual?

Dragon Age: Origins
D

Deleted User

Hello,

I'm wondering, how is the manual for the Ultimate Edition, boxed version? I'm wondering if I should spend a little more to get a boxed copy of the UE because of the manual, but if it's a really weak manual I may just pass and get a cheaper Steam copy.

Any ideas?

Get the cheap Steam copy.
You can use Steam keys to register the game and additional content also on Origin.
For some crappy bonus DLC items you need to register on ancient and retarded bioware social network and claim them.

I dunno what does printed manual look like but you don't need it unless you want to use it as a coffeetable book.

Get the cheap Steam copy.
You can use Steam keys to register the game and additional content also on Origin.
For some crappy bonus DLC items you need to register on ancient and retarded bioware social network and claim them.

I dunno what does printed manual look like but you don't need it unless you want to use it as a coffeetable book.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just into manuals lately. A few older RPGs I bought boxed copies of didn't have great manuals. I like a good manual to read on a rainy day, lol.

But yeah thanks I'll probably just get the Steam copy unless someone chimes in and says the Ultimate Edition manual is worth it :)

Edit - Oops. The $5.99 version is Origin :(. Yuck. Still, it's cheap so I'll bite. Is Origin really that bad? Buckling myself in for an incoming Joxer rant... :D

Last edited:
Origin client is malware. If it's not spyware as suspected, it's definetly bloatware/adware - every now and then it advertises stuff aggresively and without any criteria. For example I don't want to see any advertisments on EA MMOs, thanks to that malware I see those news frequently. Their cretinism is also the reason I refuse to receive EA newsletter.

It's cloud/downloader parts are not as good as Steam's, but still works better than uPlay and GOG downloader. While uPlay and GOG in case of hash check eroor force you to redownload everything, Origin will "fix" just the corrupted part.

About it being possibly spyware… I don't really care if it sees or not what's on my PC. You can also come to my house and knock yourself out browsing my files, I don't care nor I have a need to hide anything. I didn't put a password on my rig nor on any single file. But it's a home PC I don't use for contracted work and stuff thus I do understand people who don't want spyware and IMO if it spies on data, EA should be sued.

I let it run automatically when I turn on my PC. You can change that in options or simply uninstall it when you're not playing some Origin DRM game.
On your last question I can provide only subjective answer. In my case, Origin is not really that bad. But neither is uPlay.
Would my life be happier without those? Most definetly.

Thanks for the rundown Joxer.

Call me crazy, but I don't mind having all these different clients on my system. I kinda like it in some weird way :). Origin doesn't seem too horrible from what I've seen so far of it, but I don't see myself using it much anyway. I'm mostly a Steam/GOG guy. But for certain games it is useful (Sims, etc.)

I don't mind Steam or Origin. I just make sure they don't start automatically, so I only have them running when needed.

Back
Top Bottom