Terminator: Resistance - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Terminator: Resistance is a shooter RPG set during the future war scenario of Terminator 1 and 2. The game is now available on Steam.

Purple plasma! John Connor! Post-apocalyptic romance! After examining every video, trailer, screenshot & press release, here's EVERY bit of info you should know about Terminator: Resistance, the upcoming game set during the Future War. This isn't my usual sort of content, but it seems like I'm the only person on the internet to have noticed half of this stuff, so I thought it was worth getting the word out!

About this Game

There is no fate but what you make.

Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle for the fate of mankind in the war against the machines. Terminator: Resistance, is a first-person shooter set during the 'Future War' scenario that was only glimpsed at in the iconic films, 'THE TERMINATOR' and 'T2: JUDGMENT DAY'. The machines are destined to lose, but at what cost?

• Run and gun or sneak and hack through Skynet's defences!
  • Level up your skills and explore a post-apocalyptic world for scraps to trade and craft!
  • Interact with a motley group of survivors and change their fates!
More information.

Now, this was unexpected! According to early reviews, it has the musical and art style of the T1/T2 future war scenes, which is a HUUUGE bonus for me! And it's from the creators of the Rambo rail shooter, which everybody hated, but I totally loved for its corniness. :D

It's an obvious cash grab that coincides with the release of the new film.

That said, I'll still check it out. I've always been a fan of the franchise, and maybe this will finally be that one Terminator game that doesn't suck.

Oh, my. I still remember how great time I spent with Terminator: Future Shock. It was the game which invented mouselook control in FPS genre if I remember it correctly. Bethesda, the inovation developer ... also lost in past.

I suppose this fond memory is more then I could expect from the new Terminator game.

Oh, my. I still remember how great time I spent with Terminator: Future Shock. It was the game which invented mouselook control in FPS genre if I remember it correctly. Bethesda, the inovation developer … also lost in past.

No, you don't remember correctly. This merit goes to Cyclones by Raven Software, released one year earlier.

These over here are not for milking.

No, you don't remember correctly. This merit goes to Cyclones by Raven Software, released one year earlier.

Dont remember this one at all. Looking on videos, mouse look seems quite irrelevant considering this still had very flat level design. Like, completely flat. Technically they might hold primacy, but in my eyes Bethesda was first to properly use this design.
Nevertheless, you deserve + point for valid correction :)

WOW! This looks spiffy!!
I remember the two of us played The Terminator 2029, my cousin controlled the terminator and I was directing the weapons fire. :D We also replaced the audio the red-eyed intro guy speaks with a funny spoof and showed it to family. :D

It looks ok to me and is kind of in the way of Dead island or Homefront as shooter with some rpg elements.

It has been worked on for a long time but the only things I don't like is it is supposedly very short( 10-12 hours) and there is no Multiplayer

40 bucks for ten hours? i remember that was what you typically paid for a shooter back in the day with the rest of the value coming from multiplayer.

I love the lore and atmosphere but since there is no community I think I'll wait for a sale.

If they had added modding I think that would have been amazing.

I'm semi interested in the Squad which is free-play this weekend. Heard good and bad about that.

Seems like a decentish game, considering it's an obvious merchandise product.

Though speaking of games based off movies, I'd like to comment on the new Star Wars game that released yesterday, but I'll wait for the proper thread for it. For now I can say it's a quite solid Souls style game, with a story that actually makes sense, and it looks damn gorgeous.

Last edited:
Played it for a bit last night, and it's "ok".

Definitely a budget game, but I think most fans of the franchise will enjoy it. I was surprised to discover it has crafting, and there also seems to be some C&C as you can accept or reject some optional quests or items from NPCs.

Visuals and sound effects are underwhelming. The game uses the Unreal 4 engine, but you can't tell from the way it looks.

Overall, I'd say wait for a sale unless you're a big Terminator fan. I don't think it would be worth the $40 to most people. $20-$30 is more realistic imo.

Played it for a bit last night, and it's "ok".

Definitely a budget game, but I think most fans of the franchise will enjoy it. I was surprised to discover it has crafting, and there also seems to be some C&C as you can accept or reject some optional quests or items from NPCs.

Visuals and sound effects are underwhelming. The game uses the Unreal 4 engine, but you can't tell from the way it looks.

Overall, I'd say wait for a sale unless you're a big Terminator fan. I don't think it would be worth the $40 to most people. $20-$30 is more realistic imo.

It is moddable so some graphical update mods will no doubt be in the works.

Back
Top Bottom