Hard West - Stretch Goal #1 Reached

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next update for Hard West has news the game has made its first stretch goal today, and that Steam Early Access will begin at the end of October.

Extra, extra, read all about it!

Hard West will enter the Steam Early Access program by the end of October! This means you will be able to play and voice your concerns quite soon.

Just a reminder: ALL key holders are eligible for early access.

It is not unexpected and we have pivoted the production plan towards it already. However, it would be great to hear what would you expect to see in the game first.
More information.

Still can't get over how they're publishing a six hour game...

This is what they say:
6 scenarios - at least 1 hour of gameplay each, some endless. 3 of the scenarios have been fully prototyped, include at least 5 tactical encounters each, are completely playable and passable.

I had some fun in the past with short NWN campaigns. But normally I enjoy CRPGs that are longer. Interesting exploration and meaningful character building take some time...

So the scenarios take at least an hour each, but some of them are in fact endless.
Yep, still sounds like six hours of gameplay.

So were still taking about this are we? I'll just repeat my previous comment here. I don't care if the game is only six hours as I only paid $10 for a Steam key.

Now if I paid $60 then it would be different.:)

Looks like the might hit the extra 2 scenarios too. Like Couch said, $10 for 6/8 hrs of content is still within the metric I'm willing to pay (though above me ideal area). It's an underused setting and seems interesting to me.

$10 for 6 hours of gaming is great.

Creating a CRPG for only 6 hours is challenging, but not impossible.

$10 for 6 hours of gaming is great.

Creating a CRPG for only 6 hours is challenging, but not impossible.

Yeah, I'll take a quality 6 hrs over quantity (e.g., grinding, fetch quests, etc.).

And to be fair they've said it's not exactly an CRPG. More of a turn-based strategy with RPG elements a la X-com. Endless scenarios sounds like a rougelike-like.

Back
Top Bottom