Might & Magic X - Character Creation

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new update was posted on the Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog a few days ago. It's all about character creation classes, races, stats, and skills.
The party creation

When starting a game of Might & Magic X, you will have two options: either start right away with a default party (more details below), or you can manually choose and customize four different heroes.
If you decide to customize each hero, the first feature you will have to pick is the race, which then defines the different classes available for heroes of that race. Each race also has their specials: Humans for example come with additional start skills, Dwarfs have more health points, Elves are more resistant and Orcs have increased critical damage.
Also, you can select a portrait and voice for your character (for example cynical or heroic). The choices you have here depend on the class’s race and the character’s gender.
Characters

Altogether, if you decide to create new characters instead of using the default ones, you have the following options:
- Choose the gender of the character
- Choose the class of the character
- Choose the default name of the character to a name of your choice
- Choose the portrait of the character
- Choose the voice of the character
- Modify the attributes, health and mana points
- Select two additional start skills for the character in addition to the default start skills
The class of a character gives you different skill options. Also, each class has a dedicated paragon class. In general, you can unlock the paragon class by finishing an epic quest chain, which will give you access to the Grand Master tiers and improve the character even more.
When you start playing the game, each of the characters you created will have certain default skills on level 1, including the two additional skills chosen by you. When your character levels up, you can choose whether you want to improve the already existing skills (and which ones), or if you want your character to learn and improve other skills. By visiting trainers, your characters will even be able to learn expert, master and grandmaster skills. You will get to know more about trainers and skills in another posting that’s currently in the pipeline. :)
The default party

default-party.png
The default party consists of a Dwarf Defender, an Orc Barbarian, an Elven Ranger, and a Human Freemage.
As mentioned above, this race combination ensures that you party members have different specials, for example more health points for the Dwarf and so on. Furthermore, the default party has additional start skills. Each skill has special features on its tiers description. We will soon provide you with more information on that in a separate posting about skills and spells.
More information.

So far so good. Should we start getting excited for real?

I hope that with their estimated... what? 20 hours?, there will be some replayability thanks to classes and races.

I see they're also implementing facial expressions and battle damage on the character portraits. Looks like they're sticking close to the old games. Is the inclusion of Arcomage too much to hope for?

So no hobbits, halflings... um... gibberlings in the default pardie?

If nothing else, that means instabuy for me.

I want to hear that it's totally drm free first, then feel free to tell me all about the game mechanics. I'm still waiting on 'Heroes 6 to be drm free as well, the evil ubidrm madness must cease. After those two things occur, I might climb onboard the bandwagon......slowly, and cautiously.

-Carn

Quite the dilemma for some. Do you support quality old-school projects that you wouldn't otherwise get nowadays, or do you stay away because of DRM that would force you to use an internet connection you're already using? :drama:

Pity they decided to rename all the stats - the old favourites are there - strength, accuracy, luck, intellect and so on, but they seem to all have different names. Sorry, M&M pendant alert.

Yeah, but they melt in your mouth, not in your hand!! :)

Isn't M&M known for it endless mob respawns?

Dunno. But if your default is normal and in every country known what it is dwarf and not rights-would-cost-a-lot-so-renamed hobbit, I'm in.

Dunno. But if your default is normal and in every country known what it is dwarf and not rights-would-cost-a-lot-so-renamed hobbit, I'm in.

Sorry but I have no idea what you just wrote.:S

Well, I guess we wont be able to "hire" people wondering around like MM6-9, getting better skills or spells or even better gold sums... Shame...

Well, I guess we wont be able to "hire" people wondering around like MM6-9, getting better skills or spells or even better gold sums… Shame…

Fear not :)

Will there be hirelings available in the game?

Yes, there will be two slots for hirelings available in the game. More info on the hireling system will be revealed on the dev blog soon!

@JDR13

Ahh, cool thanks...
So its gonna be old school but with alot better graphics... Cant wait...

D&D back in the 1970's used the race of Hobbits and they had to change the name to Halflings or the JRR Tolkien estate was going to release hellfire :).

Exactly.

Now... There is some trilogy at the movies and everyone wants to play as hobbit. Well, kids. However in this game, hobbit is not your default party member. Less sales because of that? Maybe. But it's already sold to me.

There are no halflings in the current M&M universe.

Halfling_H6_Tridiontcm2176511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom