The Bard's Tale - Added to Steam

Would you care to elaborate a bit with the reason for the link?

I remember being so disppointed when i heard about this game. I thought it was going to be an update version of the original. But, it was a totally different game. It had nothing to do with the original. that i why i'm not very excited about the Wasteland rumors.

If we can get the original Bards tales on steam, compatible with modern systems, I'd buy that. But if that happens, I want Wizardry, Zork, and the Ultimas too :)

Ahhh, makes sense now. You could throw in an opinion or two as well ;)

As for me, funny game. Loved the parody. Gameplay was decent for an action game, but wish he would of went with a more traditional kind of rpg instead of an action rpg. It didn't have to be The Bard's Tale of old, but it could have been so much more than it was.

Now he needs to do Wasteland for the 21st century, but with less twitch action this time around.

Well the headline seems to be 100% accurate, so I'm not sure what this poster means about biting.

As for the game itself, the poster's post implies that the poster has an opinion about the game, and as someone who has never played any Bard's Tale game, or really has much idea what kind of game it is, I'd have liked to have read some more opinions about it.

Thanks Skaven, for your opinion, anyway. Gives me a fair idea about whether I'm interested in the game. (sounds like I'm not)

I seem to recall trying it and thinking it was a travesty of epic proportions, but that's about it.

I was also a big fan of the originals, so that might have something to do with it.

I seem to recall trying it and thinking it was a travesty of epic proportions, but that's about it.

IIRC that was the idea behind the game. As a big fan of the originals I woud've liked it to be good, but, alas, it didn't work for me even as a ARPG.

That was probably due to the perspective, that reminded me too much of the POS that was Wild Tagent's Fate.

It had some funny moments, but it didn't take the rpg elements seriously. Rpgs are too long of games not to take their gameplay elements seriously. That was how I felt after completing it a long time ago.

I didn't know. I missed the word "promo" when I read this at work.

Another 'trying to be' witty troll, just what the world needs.

Yeah, I thought so. Steam, get in contact so I can tell you where to send the cheque, please?

man, you always get some good qoutes out there...should really add some of them to your posts:)

Yeah, I thought so. Steam, get in contact so I can tell you where to send the cheque, please?

Getting royalties for reporting NEWS... can life get any sweeter for you RPGWatch moguls? :D

They send him checks just for the cool spelling of cheques ... :)

Bards Tale ... yeah, have that on ? 6 CD's? Amusing for the first 15 minutes ...

Back
Top Bottom