NWN2 What would you do (NWN2 collectors edition)

Neverwinter Nights 2

Melhisedek

Traveler
Well I really wanted to buy it but only place left that takes orders wont let me choose which one do I get... good or evil :(

It is online store so I can't go there and talk to them or whatever. I would really like collectors edition but would hate to have evil one and have evil startup screen and such :(

What would you do ?

Does the collector's edition *always* come with a theme? Or just for pre-order? If you can get it anyway, wait until it hits stores. Given that the first one sold millions, they'll likely stock up pretty well for this.

If you were me you would wait till the first expansion (or 2) ships and then pick up the "gold" edition ;)

Where are you from Melhisedek? If you are in Germany, then try German online shop Okaysoft (www.okaysoft.de). At Okaysoft, you can freely choose which version you want to order. You can order either the chaotic evil or the lawful good version in either German or English (UK) versions.
Regarding US versions and CEs, Okaysoft only have a single "US Collector's Edition" (Limited Edition) listed and neither US-based Gamestop/EB Games nor Amazon.com had any further info on separate lawful good or chaotic evil CEs so maybe these specific types of CEs are Euro-exclusive(?)

I'm from Sweden and am all over that place right now, hope they ship to Sweden...

... US-based Gamestop/EB Games nor Amazon.com had any further info on separate lawful good or chaotic evil CEs so maybe these specific types of CEs are Euro-exclusive(?)

Yes, I'm quite sure they are for Europe only -- or maybe for the whole world except NA.

I pre-ordered the CE version and there was no choice offered here, but I believe the LE offers a choice.

No. The LE doesn't offer a choice. It's like this regarding the CEs or LEs...

USA = Collector's Edition = Limited Edition (all the same... some sites call it CE and others LE)
Europe = Choice between Lawful Good Collector's Edition and Chaotic Evil Collector's Edition

I guess North Americans just can't be expected to distinguish between Lawful Good & Chaotic Evil. Maybe it's a political thing.

:lol: Owww, that's harsh magerette! But I have to disagree with you. I think lawful good vs chaotic evil is eerily similar to "if you are not with us, then you are against us".
Well, let's get back on topic real quick (phew, I could feel a hijack attempt already brewing....)

Just a little(dark)humor...
On topic, this is one of the more interesting things I've heard about NWN2--in keeping with the info presented in Moxie's interviews and tour at Obsidian, it seems to indicate a real role-playing commitment in the devs, and I only hope there will be a choice of alignment cropping up in the character creation process in the U.S version.

Last edited:
Just a little(dark)humor...
On topic, this is one of the more interesting things I've heard about NWN2--in keeping with the info presented in Moxie's interviews and tour at Obsidian, it seems to indicate a real role-playing commitment in the devs, and I only hope there will be a choice of alignment cropping up in the character creation process in the U.S version.

It sounds like they are patterning their single-player approach very closely after KOTOR2, which had the Dark Side vs. Light Side stuff on the website. Makes sense, as the game was a big seller and would've been superior to the first had there not been so many issues with bugs and lost story strands, etc.

Yep - it seems that much of KotOR is present (influence, etc) and so much that has been done in modules (like Lord Alex's excellent Daggerford) that wasn't in the original NWN is there as well. World map, stronghold, YUM!

Back
Top Bottom