Skyrim - Dunmer Thief Screenshot

Is it just me, or does that body look pretty bad compared to the other stuff we've seen of the game?

I think it's awesome. Facial expressions!

Is that Masser or Secunda in the background? Colouring is more like Secunda, but it looks really big - falling out of orbit?

The face looks pretty good, but the body looks like a low-poly thing from the early Gothics or something.

I'm guessing it's just his bad angle :)

I like the look... less blue, but very real and rugged looking which seems to be Skyrim's thing.

What I do not like is the very blocky and simple geometry behind him... hope not all buildings look that bad.

r u effin kidding me?
its a real cool screenshot, and a very detailed char!

must be the usual "haters gonna hate" comments...

48909_1408156709_3282_n.jpg

Anyway, looks pretty good design-wise from where I´m standing.
Quite in line with their look in Morrowind or even Daggerfall, definite incline over vapid Oblivion version and the more rugged look fits the setting.
Poor armor texture/model is quite ironic considering this.

Last edited:
Poor armor texture/model is quite ironic considering this.

The thing is one shouldn't believe ANY of the hype /BS rationalizations coming out of Bethesada. You will retain your sanity once you acknowledge that all simplifications are there to save money, NOT to make the game better to play or look at.

I thought he looked cool; for his race. The Dark Elves should always be kinda rough looking compared to other races. They live in a land that constantly has ash and dust storms. This would naturally cause a very weathered look over the years.

It's kinda like how women from Southern California and Arizona always look 20 years older than the rest of the US. The constant exposure to sun and tanning booths ages their skin, well before time kicks in to do the job :D

As far as the love/hate thing, I have pieces of both. I love the games, but in the past I've absolutely hated the marketing and over-hyping. I think Skyrim has chosen a better strategy, as far as marketing goes this time, and that makes this nut happy. I still can't believe the silly lawsuits that come from corporate. Those drive me up the wall.

I would love to see Bethesda give Obsidian a chance to play in the TES sandbox. I thought FNV was a masterpiece and I'm sure Obsidian would make some awesome quests for Skyrim. I think they could really flesh out companions too. While I'm not a big fan of companions, there were several in FNV that were fun to have around. I personally like Lilly, Boone, and Veronica.

The hate that can only see bad things is dangerous, as is the love that can see only good things.

I don't think we have many examples of either kind here on the Watch.

A thief? Why not an assassin? Why not a knight? Why not a monster slayer? why not a thug? Why not a ranger?

Players are ready to buy any kind of hype, even cheap ones. The game is said to have surrendered classes. The introduction of them through looks is quite shallow.
Despite that, the developpers can come and tell "hey, this is how a thief looks in our game" Speaking of subjectivity, funny how the all subjective school is first at the door to see a thief in the pic.

People are entitled to see anything they want in the picture as there is no class implemented in the game and that the game does not recognize what class one player could possibly play.

Less and less content sold to players and for the same price. Or more.

That is good business.

Back
Top Bottom