RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - DA:Inquisition - Review after 100%
View Single Post

May 23rd, 2021, 10:11
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I know there are other gamers out there like me who don't get around to buying and playing many of these games until years later.

Plus, I just think I like older games better these days….the quality of newish games seems pretty mediocre, in general, over all. Microtransactions galore, and multi-player focus for a ton of them, shortish games, not much value for money spent…no thank you. At least when talking AAA type games anyway.
Well, the wonders of the digital era, YouTube and whatnot, reviews that were made when the game was actually relevant can still be looked up years later. Having a review made 6 years later adds absolutely nothing to all the reviews that were already done between say 1 week and 3 months of the game's release, especially one game that had no DLCs or major bugfixes over a longperiod of time.

The only value I can see in a 6 year late review is they can tell you how well the game aged, but if as you admit, you prefer to play older games so does it even matter? Plus it's something you can judge yourself by watching an old review/gameplay video too. Anyway, I always say, it doesn't hurt anyone, so yeah, good for them, if they had fun making the review. Just kinda pointless, but it's not like anyone is doing useful, productive things towards the betterment of mankind 24 hours a day.

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)