Akaneiro - Kickstarter Campaign

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Akaneiro is a P2P action/RPG (currently single-player but co-op is planned) from American McGee and Spicy Horse. They are looking for $200k over the next 30 days to finish development and create an iOS/Android port:
A free to play ARPG with classic design sense meets fast-paced action, inspired by Japanese themes and the Red Riding Hood tale.
Veteran game designer American McGee (Quake, Alice, Grimm) and Spicy Horse (Alice: Madness Returns) are set on delivering players a uniquely enthralling free to play action role-playing experience.
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters will transport you to a world realized in a striking visual style inspired by Japanese ink, watercolor and woodblock illustration. We’ve dug deep into the history and folklore of Japan when designing our scenarios and characters. Mixing this foundation with an original mythology inspired by Red Riding Hood yields a fantastic and inspiring setting for players to explore.
Akaneiro provides players with a free to play ARPG of depth, blended seamlessly with the speed and intensity of a pure action title. Combat is fast and unrelenting, but you can sway the tide with careful selection of abilities and equipment. A multitude of character building paths are available, though we've avoided being overly prescriptive, ensuring you can find the best balance of abilities and equipment for your personal play style.
It does look visually striking, if you are interested.
More information.

Hmm backing a free to play game always seems kind of odd to me. Do I really need a red cloak for $12?

Don't think it's for me.

Daniel.

Seeing it's American McGee I instantly thought to jump in and then I see the aim is smartphones port.
I'm not happy and will keep the money the next no-smartphone project. Sorry about that.

Just remembered something more… It's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

I won't say McGee's idea is based on another's work, but then again, I can't believe he doesn't know of or never heard of Monty Oum and his previous work (Dead Fantasy).

Back
Top Bottom